2025 Recruiting: - AJ Dybantsa reclassifies to 2025 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: AJ Dybantsa reclassifies to 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone knew it was coming. Maybe UConn will get the #1 rated recruit 2 years in a row. :)

“Just so that my recruitment can be impacted a little bit more," Dybantsa told 247Sports when asked why he decided to reclassify. "Nobody is expecting it now. Everybody expects people to do it at the last second and I don’t want to be that last second guy. I just wanted to do it ahead of that.”

Reaction Score
No surprise. Should still be #1 in the class. He and Flagg are the best high school players in the country regardless of class by my eye. Some real talent from New England right now.

Reaction Score
Should we feel optimistic? I don’t see any other blue bloods on that list

Reaction Score
He was 2026 until today. It's early. Everyone will make a run at him. He's mentioned UConn prominently before so I'd say we have a chance.

Article from earlier this year:

“It’s definitely a consideration [to stay home in the Northeast]. I don’t have any specific schools I want to go to but, it’s definitely a consideration,” said Dybantsa

One school that may be hard to turn down is UConn, as they recently offered Dybantsa.

“[It’s] exciting, I know that they just won a national championship, so it’s a blessing. Any offer is really a blessing,” said Dybantsa.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He was 2026 until today. It's early. Everyone will make a run at him. He's mentioned UConn prominently before so I'd say we have a chance.
Would having the Boozer twins commit to Duke preclude them from getting AJ?

Reaction Score
We should feel some level of optimism because we have an amazing staff and program he's a New England kid who probably wants to play for a great coach. The recruiting giants are/will be on him. Frankly leaving New England is maybe not a great indicator for our chances but we will see when the time comes.

Reaction Score

Going over to Prolific Prep instead of Brewster probably won't help us. But we're recruiting with the big dogs now and should have as good of a shot as anyone.

Reaction Score
Going over to Prolific Prep instead of Brewster probably won't help us. But we're recruiting with the big dogs now and should have as good of a shot as anyone.
He went to Prolific Prep because his father knew their coach.

“My dad knew coach Ryan [Bernardi],”said Dybantsa.

“We met coach Ryan a while ago. Ever since I took the visit. I felt like that’s where I needed to be, both aspects [academics and basketball]. ...Their development program was a big part of it. Their coaching staff was a big part of it. They have a lot of coaches, so there are eyes on you a lot. You’re not going to be able to slack off at all. That’s what I need if I’m going to be far away from home.”

Reaction Score
How many recruits has Hurley offered 4-5 years in advance? It’s not surprising given he was #1 in 2026, but think it’s at least a good sign the staff is fairly serious about going after this kid and not just a shot in the dark.

Reaction Score
How many recruits has Hurley offered 4-5 years in advance? It’s not surprising given he was #1 in 2026, but think it’s at least a good sign the staff is fairly serious about going after this kid and not just a shot in the dark.
Healthy recruiting practices at its finest.

Reaction Score
No surprise. Should still be #1 in the class. He and Flagg are the best high school players in the country regardless of class by my eye. Some real talent from New England right now.
“I want to go to a school that has a family atmosphere and a winning culture,” Dybantsa said. “When I go to school, the goal is to win March Madness. So, a family atmosphere, a winning culture, and a program that can get me to the next level, which is the NBA for me. That is the goal.”

“Right now, college is my main option; that is the process we are going through, Dybantsa said. “But, the G-League and Overseas will be something we definitely talk about as an option.

I get this feeling we don't see him in college. Even though he promised his mother he'd spend 1 year in college.

Reaction Score
I get this feeling we don't see him in college. Even though he promised his mother he'd spend 1 year in college.

I agree. Take online classes while you're in the g-league or something so mama feels better.

Reaction Score
Healthy recruiting practices at its finest.
Well I was thinking Hurley hardly ever offers super early, unlike guys like Boeheim trying to get more 8th graders than a candy man in a white van. The fact that Hurley offered so early is promising. Who’s got the candy now!?

Reaction Score
The one positive I see in NIL money is that it should keep less players from skipping college for the G league or traveling overseas at age 18. We certainly check all the boxes with a winning culture, family atmosphere and getting players into the league.

Reaction Score
The one positive I see in NIL money is that it should keep less players from skipping college for the G league or traveling overseas at age 18
Yes certainly the only positive...

I still point to Zion a million times over about the power of college basketball. He went to Duke and made himself absolute truck loads of money. There were a ton of people skeptical about what sort of player he'd be in college or in the pros. A lot of questions about his HS and AAU competition. Say whatever you want about him as a pro but his career value was almost entirely earned in one year at Duke. No other avenue would have given him that level of exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom