Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
I'm glad to be allowed into this forum...

I live near St. Mary's (and Aidan's high school, Campolindo). Have watched Aidan play in person as many times as I could get to games...

When Aidan jumped into the portal, I had no idea how it would turn out... But NOW... I am a UCONN fan as long as Aidan plays here.

Had already been a UConn women's fan due to Paige Bueckers, whom I have watched play (online) from her soph year onward, and remain a fan now.

Yes, I am about the biggest high-school hoops nut anywhere... went to over 200 games in-person last year plus about a dozen Gaels games.

My years following the progress of Aidan have been incredible! I have no idea how he'll fit in with the Huskies, but he is an ultimate team-first guy and will do whatever he can to help out, whether it's a few minutes here and there off the bench or starting. The kid is up to ANY challenge!

Go HUSKIES!! Woof woof woooof!!!
Wow, 200+ games in person in a year? That gives you the 247 #1 ranked bball superfan. Anyways, welcome aboard!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On another note... Does UConn usually sell out their games? Are there ever single-game tix available?
The bandwagon has never been so full but I think you would find a ticket if you came to town. Ask here first.

Reaction Score
At this point of the season Gonzaga was playing at the level of essentially a top 10 team after the early season struggles

Watched a handful of St. Mary’s games this year when they were on after UConn games ended. They ran some off-ball stuff to get him open but way too much of their offense was “hey Mahaney, go get a bucket” and led to lower efficiency looks. Within the UConn offense, I fully expect his average shot will be a much higher efficiency look and his efficiency numbers will rise significantly.

Reaction Score
At this point of the season Gonzaga was playing at the level of essentially a top 10 team after the early season struggles

I do like how Mahaney can score off the dribble either going for layup or rising up for a jumper. He is definitely more athletic than Cam but not as strong.

Reaction Score
They're both combo guards, Mahaney played plenty of point his freshmen season.
Amen and because of that he'll fit with what we do. All anyone has to do is watch how we play. One time up court it was TN with the ball, the next time it could be SC or CS.

Our offense doesn't have a single guy controlling it. It's team oriented and causes extra problems for the opponents who don't know who will initiate what play. It's GREAT!

Reaction Score
Very excited to see what he does here. Looks like a perfect fit for us. He’s got that Cam fire in him. I like that. First team BE this year, All American next year. Why not?

Reaction Score
Just a little nostalgia trip, happened to run across this short highlight from a game I was at... SMC beating Gonzaga, with Aidan flat taking the thing over down the stretch....

Aidan Takes Over!!

I was there. :)

I sure hope he can light up Gampel and/or Werth that way! :)
You should hit twitter/X and follow some of the more prolific pro-UConn posters there. During the season there are frequently people who realize they need to get rid of tickets to games and will look for someone to gift or sell them to for cost there. It isn’t going to be the way to get tickets but it might hit for you lucky one time.

There’s always tickets to games except maybe senior night against a big opponent at Gampel where the resell markets wouldn’t even have much. Another tip to write down, if you come to the east for a game and it’s in Hartford at the XL center, don’t sit in the seats furthest back, there are seats where you can barely see the court and it truly shouldn’t be sold. Plan a trip though, when schedules are released, find a weekend where you can see the guys at Gampel and the girls at XL or vice versa, so you can drink it all in with 1 weekend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom