Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

"I chose UConn because I want to be pushed and coached by the best staff in America and go for a national championship. And, oh, they offered me a $50 Arby's gift card and Pope wouldn't match that."

Give me a break. People will type anything and others want so desperately to believe it, they'll ignore the absurdity of it. As others have pointed out, these are the same losers bragging about how big their bag was and how poor UConn was. As if they're going to nickel and dime a major target.

Didn’t you hear? He’s not physical enough for SEC ball that’s why they let him go. LOL these UK fans are just saying anything now.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Hurley said something previously to the effect of: it should be tough to get playing time for UConn.

With the depth they’ve put together, that’s definitely going to be the case.

Reaction Score
Of course it'll make us better, but my point is even without them this team can win the Big East and make the sweet 16
I think if Alex returns, we may be preseason number 1.

Reaction Score
This is what it will be, at least in the beginning of the season. Ball knows what it take and is gonna work his a.. off this summer.

Players that have already been here get the leg up.

PG: Diarra, Nowell
SG: Solo, Mahaney
SF: McNeely, Ross
PF: Stewart, Abraham
C: Samson, Reed, Singare
I feel like McNeeley and Stewart should be swapped. You would want the more athletic guy on the wing, no? Also, I would be pretty surprised if Mahaney doesn't start over Ball.

Reaction Score
Someone on the KY board stated that UConn upped the NIL offer to Mahaney and KY refused to match it so actually they didn't loose Mahaney, they walked away, :D
Another guy posted this in regards to why Mahaney picked UConn over them: "Could be we have someone better and we wanted him to wait on us . And he wouldn’t."

Absolutely DELUSIONAL fanbase.

Reaction Score
Fran Fraschilla:
“UConn is Mike Tyson in his prime,” Fraschilla told NJ Advance Media on Monday. “They are taking no prisoners. When all is said and done this spring, they will have a roster comparable to the last two national champions.”

Reaction Score
I feel like McNeeley and Stewart should be swapped. You would want the more athletic guy on the wing, no? Also, I would be pretty surprised if Mahaney doesn't start over Ball.
Who is the more athletic guy?

Reaction Score
I think they are comparable. McNeeley was doing between the legs windmill jams before the Jordan brand classic. Supposedly lateral speed is average though.

Reaction Score
Dauster and Goodman seemed to believe he would play a lot of point with a key rotation between Mahaney, Diarra, and Ball, with Nowell playing more spot minutes, at least to start.
I feel like we on this board get way more hung up with who is playing point than the UConn coaching staff (see: Jackson, Andre).

To some extent it changes possession by possession depending on what they’re running. This past season Newton, Castle, Cam, and Diarra all pretty regularly ran point for stretches. Mahaney definitely will as well. Even when he and Diarra are in together, Diarra is so lethal off-ball with his cuts and taking advantage of any defensive ball-watching, that I’m sure we’ll see lots of possessions with Mahoney on and Diarra off-ball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Supposedly lateral speed is average though.
He has marshmallows for quads and arms. The Uconn training staff will get him on the summer workout regimen and he'll be walking around Karaban come September :D

When he grows that college muscle he should be that much more explosive.

Reaction Score
I don’t think many have seen him play
McNeeley's not a bad athlete, definitely better than Karaban, but I still think Stewart is better and he has an extra year of college strength & conditioning under his belt compared to Liam.

Reaction Score
So now we have a logjam at PG … hope brea still comes he can’t tip the scales heavily in our favor

Reaction Score
Yes it was a serious question. McNeeley has more bounce than Jaylin.
Really based on some pre-game warmup Capital Classic between the leg dunks? Jaylin can sky for sure on some of his rejections. I think Jayline is a little more athletic and also stronger. Shooting goes to McNeely no questions ask. He also might be a better ball handler than Jaylin.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Someone on the KY board stated that UConn upped the NIL offer to Mahaney and KY refused to match it so actually they didn't loose Mahaney, they walked away, :D
I saw more than one thought that said, "if so, big mistake".

Reaction Score
I saw more than one thought that said, "if so, big mistake".
Big mistake for us or Kentucky? We got out man and I highly doubt we got a bidding war based on Hurley's previous comments on NIL paydays.

Reaction Score
So now we have a logjam at PG … hope brea still comes he can’t tip the scales heavily in our favor
A logjam at PG?

We have one point guard who has played in college and one combo guard who has played in college.

Hass was always coming back, not sure why people were waiting for a big announcement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom