Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
We want Hass back. He’s our biggest recruit.
He is a player that has evolved offensively and his on ball skills and defense is the reason I called him one of the key returning players last year .
His return this year might even be bigger as he now has an outside shot you have to respect.

Reaction Score
Everyone: UConn must be done now with roster moves.

Hurley until his roster is set exactly how he wants it to his staff and people around the program.
AAAE74A9-26FF-4470-A32A-186D0606F8E7.jpeg

Reaction Score
How many 4's that are of the type you wouldn't mind seeing get minutes at UConn sign in May and what is left come June?

These are things the staff has to evaluate against what they believe the chances that Karaban returns (and their knowledge is far better than ours).
I think AK will know before the deadline whether he’s withdrawing from the draft.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
First quote summarizes the type of player i love to get

"He is an elite processor". Hurley/Murray's FIBA/Carril offenses have alot of "run/pass" options depending on switches/d positioning, which guys like AK and Cam thrived in. The heady high IQ player is becoming the new UConn brand, and i just love that. Sounds like Aidan will help to keep that going

People were looking at numbers and not realizing how seamlessly he fits into the Cam/Spencer role.

He and Diarra running ball screens and off ball screens to death will be tedious for opposing defenses.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Kentucky fans are claiming that Trilly was saying on his Discord that UK refused to counter the offer that UConn gave Mahaney in NIL, but I don't sub to Trilly's discord so I'm not sure if it's legit.

giphy.gif

"I chose UConn because I want to be pushed and coached by the best staff in America and go for a national championship. And, oh, they offered me a $50 Arby's gift card and Pope wouldn't match that."

Give me a break. People will type anything and others want so desperately to believe it, they'll ignore the absurdity of it. As others have pointed out, these are the same losers bragging about how big their bag was and how poor UConn was. As if they're going to nickel and dime a major target.

Reaction Score
This roster is so deep, we could play 40 minutes of full court pressure defense if we so wanted without tiring out our guards. Other teams will be exhausted just looking at our bench.

As long as at least Hass stays and we have no unexpected departures, thats going to be the strength of this team like it was in 22-23. I don't think they'll be the juggernaut of last year where the "depth" came from all 5-6 starters who could kill you, it will be more like the year before when we had 8-9 quality guys we could rotate through and wear down opponents.

Reaction Score
Everyone: UConn must be done now with roster moves.

Hurley until his roster is set exactly how he wants it to his staff and people around the program. View attachment 100247
This is 100% correct. Besides the coaching staff, know one else really knows what the next moves will be or what decision trees the coaching staff has.

Reaction Score
I think AK will know before the deadline whether he’s withdrawing from the draft.
They are either re-assessing what the roster needs post McNeeley and Mahaney commitment or calling Brea on his priorities (proximity to NYC and winning in his last year vs. money).

I was merely suggesting a potential place they might see a weakness that they would prefer to address versus another 2/3 shooter.

Reaction Score
This is what it will be, at least in the beginning of the season. Ball knows what it take and is gonna work his a.. off this summer.

Players that have already been here get the leg up.

PG: Diarra, Nowell
SG: Solo, Mahaney
SF: McNeely, Ross
PF: Stewart, Abraham
C: Samson, Reed, Singare

Reaction Score
Yep, fortunately for us they continue to believe that Kentucky on the jersey and a vault of money is all they need to guarantee titles. They have no blueprint or relevant culture that will speak to players in this era.
Absolute facts. They also think that no matter what they are getting the player, or the coach. Rich Eisen had it correct when he said it was somewhat insulting to assume that the moment a coach reached the pinnacle of success they somehow “graduate” to the level of being Kentuckys coach. Kentucky has history and has consistently been close to the top of the sport, but UConn is lateral, or up, if you are talking today. UConn is now, and everybody needs to take notice.

Reaction Score
If Diarra doesn't come back would Mahaney start at PG? Adam Finkelstein sure made it sound like he could if needed. Not saying Diarra isn't coming back but right now we as aren't 100% sure of who will be on the roster besides confirmed players. That would mean we would still be looking for another guard in the portal too.

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans are claiming that Trilly was saying on his Discord that UK refused to counter the offer that UConn gave Mahaney in NIL, but I don't sub to Trilly's discord so I'm not sure if it's legit.

even if this were true, goes against everything those lunatics claim! They been screaming they can get anyone over us cause they have WAY more NIL than us.
Now a kid supposedly gives you a chance and you do t?

Reaction Score
This staff is so smart and planned I’m just excited to see these battles in the preseason and what the strategy is for next season. With no dominant rim protector but loads of depth and shooting, I can see Hurley pulling a different trick from his bag. He’s going to have interchangeable pieces across the board and able to play a variety of ways. I can see that team taking longer to gel and figure itself out, so will just enjoy the ride through March to see how it comes together. It’s an assortment of really fun pieces to go along both an all star coaching staff. We can look for the sophomore leaps, along with the new pieces.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom