Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
This team will be talented enough to win it all as is, if Karaban comes back (I think he will) we need to be preseason #1.
Karaban is the team’s “brain center” or whatever and therefore the most important player/piece for a possible 3peat. We’d still be really good without him. BE favorites but I wouldn’t be dreaming of a 3peat unless we brought in another transfer.

Reaction Score
Danny my boy you are officially the CLOSER. Now go take a 2 week vacation in Florida, nobody works harder than you and nobody deserves it more.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't he stay?
Yes, why not?

He is the perfect 6th man and his stats for per minute, show it.

Would they continue if he played 30 or more?

If he wants 30 minutes a game guaranteed, he most likely would find it on lesser team than UConn's. If he is thinking about a pro career, his consistent production at 20 minutes per game, should give a sufficient sample size especially if his shooting improves.

Reaction Score
Yes, why not?

He is the perfect 6th man and his stats for per minute, show it.

Would they continue if he played 30 or more?

If he wants 30 minutes a game guaranteed, he most likely would find it on lesser team than UConn's. If he is thinking about a pro career, his consistent production at 20 minutes per game, should give a sufficient sample size especially if his shooting improves.
Probably Brea would be a deterrent. They are both 6th man of the year commodities. I'd hope Hassan would be able to win the PG spot, but it isn't guaranteed.

Reaction Score
Season 9 Premiere GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Good lord these quotes.
GIF by Will & Grace

I was just literally doing the same to my wife, dumbfounded, like “this is EXACTLY the recruiting pitch you’d give and want a kid to take!”

Unreal where this program is: getting the ideal combo of players and humans and everyone buying in 110%.

Reaction Score
Karaban and Diarra are both crucial to becoming a great team. Both players have earned the right to do what they think is best for them. Blood sweat and tears they put in, never easy. Hope they both come back.
We need them for linkage to the last two championships. Without them SJ is the only returner who played significant minutes. That's quite a roster turnover.

Reaction Score
"I chose UConn because I want to compete for national championships," Mahaney said. "UConn is a place that keeps the main thing the main thing. The coaching staff has proven themselves to be the best in the country the last two years. Offensively with Luke Murray, I'll be in a different system that should allow my game to grow even more. And defensively with Kimani Young, I'll be challenged to become the best I can be. Coach Hurley will push me to be the best player I can be and I can't wait to pick his brain and the rest of the staff. Every subsection from managers to grad assistants and DOBOs all work incredibly hard and are detailed down to a T with everything.

"I chose UConn to be pushed, to be a part of something bigger than myself, to compete for a national championship and to become a pro."

Aidan gets it. He’s joining the family for all the right reasons. We’re happy to you.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Karaban and Diarra are both crucial to becoming a great team. Both players have earned the right to do what they think is best for them. Blood sweat and tears they put in, never easy. Hope they both come back.
We’re not close to repeating again unless Karaban and Diarra come back, they are crucial. I hope they know that too.

Reaction Score
Watching UK fans’ handwringing about how NIL and paying players has taken over the game has to be the least self-aware thing I’ve ever seen from a fanbase.
No joke, right? They were posting on Rupp Rafters and bragging about how they could pay more for anyone (coaches and players) than "UConn's flat pockets". SMH

Reaction Score
News at 7: Stupid people say stupid things.

Nowell is playing.
He'll play but I just don't see him as a total stud right away and starting right away like some on the board think. It takes time for a freshman point guard. Diarra and Mahaney are battle tested. Ball will get a lot of time at the two whether he starts or is 6th man.

Reaction Score
Watching UK fans’ handwringing about how NIL and paying players has taken over the game has to be the least self-aware thing I’ve ever seen from a fanbase.
Yep, fortunately for us they continue to believe that Kentucky on the jersey and a vault of money is all they need to guarantee titles. They have no blueprint or relevant culture that will speak to players in this era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom