Ahmed Hill | The Boneyard

Ahmed Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=5588

Couple of quotes from the article:

"I want to go somewhere that when I get there it feels like home and it has a great fan base,” Hill says. “And the coach, I want him to be a father figure. Someone I can look up to and depend on after I am done playing basketball."

Hill has also studied several NBA players to further improve his scoring arsenal and all-around play.

"I like Jeremy Lamb. He is smooth, long, athletic and can shoot. I also like Russell Westbrook and Rudy Gay,” says Hill, who boasts a 3.1 GPA

Reading between the lines, UConn should be in a good position with him.

Reaction Score
I've had a feeling for awhile that Ahmed Hill will be our next superstar guard. From the things he's said about coach Ollie in the past, being from Ricky Moore's town, the family atmosphere and father figure coach he's looking for, Lamb and Rudy are two guys he patterns his game after, I've also heard him mention Ray Allen before. So many things about this kid say UConn.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Better than nothing, but a long way from a verbal. Who was the kid who said that UConn was his dream school, then did not accept when offered?

caw

Reaction Score
Better than nothing, but a long way from a verbal. Who was the kid who said that UConn was his dream school, then did not accept when offered?

There have been a few: Jordan Bell, Kendall Smith, and Chris McCullough were all reported to have said that this past year.

Ollie couldn't get Bell to visit reportedly because he had no SAT score, and Bell went to Oregon. Smith never visited and I'm not sure how into him UConn was, he went to UNLV. McCullough retracted his statement a week later (a few days maybe) and then verballed to Cuse a few months after.

Bell and Facey are pretty similar type/rank players. Samuel and Smith are pretty similar also, with Samuel being higher ranked, I believe. McCullough may have been recruited, but he was the only obvious loss, if what he said was true.

U

UCONNfan1

Have to admit I like all the recruiting this staff seems to be doing. And it's not just the assistants out there. Every other week, it seems, we read something about Ollie having contact with one kid or another. I think it's just a matter of time before the recruits start falling into place. I really think Ollie is capable of pulling in some top 10-15 classes in 2014 and 2015...

Reaction Score
Tony Scott??

That was what 1987? He was the first recruit that strung JC along. Gave a verbal then ended up at Cuse then Texas AM. Thought to be when recruiting him our first great wing prospect under JC.

I was thinking the other two recruits early on that we went hard after and got disaapointed when they didn't come was Perry Clark and Billy Curley.

Another guy who I believe we went after was a guard from CT Anthony Harris. He ended up with Cuse too.

Reaction Score
That was what 1987? He was the first recruit that strung JC along. Gave a verbal then ended up at Cuse then Texas AM. Thought to be when recruiting him our first great wing prospect under JC.

I was thinking the other two recruits early on that we went hard after and got disaapointed when they didn't come was Perry Clark and Billy Curley.

Another guy who I believe we went after was a guard from CT Anthony Harris. He ended up with Cuse too.

CCourt remember Tony Scott on the evening sports news shown dunking at the Field House prior to a game and after.....thought he was in the bag and then Cuse pulled out a late something?!?!?

It's killing me because it wasn't Perry Clark but close - the big guy that went to Ohio State and we beat him in the NIT???...........I thought we had him too.....Perry?

Reaction Score
CCourt remember Tony Scott on the evening sports news shown dunking at the Field House prior to a game and after.....thought he was in the bag and then Cuse pulled out a late something?!?!?

It's killing me because it wasn't Perry Clark but close - the big guy that went to Ohio State and we beat him in the NIT???...........I thought we had him too.....Perry?

CARTER, Perry Carter.......another guy JC thought would help turn the program around!!

Reaction Score
CARTER, Perry Carter.......another guy JC thought would help turn the program around!!

I'll give you another one the staff wasted a lot of time on and got nothing after they thought he was coming here was Vasil Emtimov-he ended up at UNC.

Reaction Score
I'll give you another one the staff wasted a lot of time on and got nothing after they thought he was coming here was Vasil Emtimov-he ended up at UNC.

Wow good one there.......he was a nice player too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom