Adamec: Hartley, Huskies found a way at Baylor | The Boneyard

Adamec: Hartley, Huskies found a way at Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“We challenged her at halftime,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “We said, ‘Bria, this is not acceptable on any level.’ Bria came into this game a little bit lacking in confidence because she hasn’t shot the ball really well and that showed in the first half because I don’t think she played with the kind of confidence that she normally does. And we really got after her at halftime and just like I knew she would, she came out and played like Bria Hartley, the All-American.”

Midway through the second half, Robertson — known primarily as a 3-point shooter — drove past Mosqueda-Lewis and dished to Sune Agbuke for a layup. With the game on the line in the final four minutes, the 2013 WBCA All-American spent time on the bench with Kiah Stokes getting the call from Auriemma. “Mostly it was because we were trying to make sure that when Baylor got into the lane, and they would, that we had another shot blocker in there,” Auriemma said. “Kiah Stokes did a phenomenal job those last 3-4 minutes. We tried to go offense/defense as much as we could.

LINK

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good offense/defense substitutions. Kiah may be the best defender I've seen other than Griner.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Good offense/defense substitutions. Kiah may be the best defender I've seen other than Griner.
Well, I wouldn't put her D at Kelly's level yet, but Kiah, MoJeff, and Stef are making a big defensive difference in big games this season. For Kiah specifically, she was huge against Stanford and Baylor. I expect her to be truly formidable as a senior.

Reactions: HGN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle