Adamec: Confirms Samuelson and her parents will visit tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Confirms Samuelson and her parents will visit tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Thanks both to Kibitzer and Meyers for your lists.
It appears if KLS chooses UConn she gets to play with 2 players her freshman year who could be POY in WCBB, and could lead UConn to their millionth Championship. I know that doesnt happen at Stanford. RE: Stanford there doesnt appear to be any top players who would be seniors during KLS freshman year. However her second year the seniors on Stanford will be much better than Chong. (note-- no knock on Chong but I think the 5 Stanford players are better than her, definetly in numbers).

To me I think the best choice to play, and win a championship is UConn. The best place to have a possible "in" for the USA Top teams is at UConn. The best place to have the best coach in the game is at UConn. The Boneyard is a "free" forum while Stanfords is a "pay" forum. Stanford, closer to home, better school, warmer weather, play with sister for 2 years.
The RPI rating(Really Play Intense) leans to UConn. The SOS(Strong Outside Shooting) leads to UConn.
I hopes KLS makes the choice that "KLS" really loves.
OC good post but one point. If she chooses Stanford she may be on the team with her sisters but most likely her sisters aren't playing much now what makes you think she will be playing with them. She most likely might be sitting the bench with them. At UConn I see her taking KMLs place as a 6'3 shooting wing and being developed just like KML to dribble penetrate and rebound. Two different offenses between UConn and Stanford too . I really like our chances with KLS.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
How is the new Basketball facility coming along? That would make an impression.

Do we really want ALL the best talent to come to UConn? How can you complain about the lack of quality games, and at the same time want everyone to play for UConn.

And another random thought. I can't even imagine what might have been, had EDD stayed at UConn. (barring illness or injury.) As TonyC conjectured, UConn might have gone 495 and 0.
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/facilities/live-cam.html

HGN

Reaction Score
How is the new Basketball facility coming along? That would make an impression.

Do we really want ALL the best talent to come to UConn? How can you complain about the lack of quality games, and at the same time want everyone to play for UConn.

And another random thought. I can't even imagine what might have been, had EDD stayed at UConn. (barring illness or injury.) As TonyC conjectured, UConn might have gone 495 and 0.
Alum, I think you may ahve answered your own question as to why we would want all the best talent to come to UConn.......It's to win NC. To go that 495-0 you spoke of. We like Quality games , no question about it. We just like to win all the games. Best talent , best coaches , and best team play , win games. We want that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Do we really want ALL the best talent to come to UConn?

Of course.;)

Heed the sage advice of the immortal pitcher, Satchel Paige:

"Don't look back. Somebody might be gainin' on you."

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Of course.;)

Heed the sage advice of the immortal pitcher, Satchel Paige:

"Don't look back. Somebody might be gainin' on you."
I guess my questions were rhetorical....

Reaction Score
OC good post but one point. If she chooses Stanford she may be on the team with her sisters but most likely her sisters aren't playing much now what makes you think she will be playing with them. She most likely might be sitting the bench with them. At UConn I see her taking KMLs place as a 6'3 shooting wing and being developed just like KML to dribble penetrate and rebound. Two different offenses between UConn and Stanford too . I really like our chances with KLS.

From Stanford's point-of-view, I think KLS is being viewed as the "IT" player who will lead them back to national prominence starting with the 2015-16 season, after what is being considered a "down year" next season.

If you look at Stanford's team next season, none of them were Top 10 coming out of HS (the highest ranked being Erica McCall at #11), the first time ever this has happened at Stanford since the late 80s. Even during their down years from 1999-2004 when Stanford never went past the Sweet 16, they had Top 5-10 players like Carolyn Moos, Lindsey Yamasaki, Jamie Carey, and Nicole Powell.

KLS at #2 is an uber elite player compared to her older siblings (Bonnie was ranked #60 while Karlie was ranked #72 by Hoopgurlz), and will be asked to carry Stanford back to the top. So, as far as playing time is concerned, she will definitely be given lots of it at Stanford from Day 1 , more than she will have as a freshman at UConn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not happening. Word is that ND and UCONN lead for her.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
From Stanford's point-of-view, I think KLS is being viewed as the "IT" player who will lead them back to national prominence starting with the 2015-16 season, after what is being considered a "down year" next season.

If you look at Stanford's team next season, none of them were Top 10 coming out of HS (the highest ranked being Erica McCall at #11), the first time ever this has happened at Stanford since the late 80s. Even during their down years from 1999-2004 when Stanford never went past the Sweet 16, they had Top 5-10 players like Carolyn Moos, Lindsey Yamasaki, Jamie Carey, and Nicole Powell.

KLS at #2 is an uber elite player compared to her older siblings (Bonnie was ranked #60 while Karlie was ranked #72 by Hoopgurlz), and will be asked to carry Stanford back to the top. So, as far as playing time is concerned, she will definitely be given lots of it at Stanford from Day 1 , more than she will have as a freshman at UConn.

Well, if it's about playing time, few freshman would come to Uconn.

I'm sure there are other considerations in her decision.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Looking at KLS in video game mixes and in interviews, I figure we get our "Birdman" aka Stewie and her together and it is the clincher!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I have to give Geno and the staff credit.... While batting 0-2 against the Samuelson's they're willing to step up to the plate once again and take a swing. Perhaps 'third time's the charm'??

Reaction Score
A feeling.......that this girl is not a Notre Dame Skylar Diggins kind of a kid.....and that she IS a UCONN Maya Moore kind of a kid......and that she will see that and feel that and want to spend four years among Our Girls.

HGN

Reaction Score
I have to give Geno and the staff credit.... While batting 0-2 against the Samuelson's they're willing to step up to the plate once again and take a swing. Perhaps 'third time's the charm'??
That's true Pap......Mom and Pop Samuelson owe us one.

Reaction Score
That's true Pap.Mom and Pop Samuelson owe us one.
I'm not sure about "owe us one"...maybe more like this daughter and her parents will see the wisdom in selecting UConn after what's happened to the first two Samuelson sisters after choosing Stanford.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about "owe us one"...maybe more like this daughter and her parents will see the wisdom in selecting UConn after what's happened to the first two Samuelson sisters after choosing Stanford.
If both Bonnie and Karlie came to UConn, they would be on the bench as well. They certainly aren't going to take playing time away from Hartley, KML, Banks, Tuck, etc.

KLS is different because she has the potential to be an olympian/have a very good pro career. Bonnie and Karlie can probably play overseas, or use their Stanford degree to do whatever they plan to do, but they are not nearly as good or talented as KLS.

Reaction Score
If both Bonnie and Karlie came to UConn, they would be on the bench as well. They certainly aren't going to take playing time away from Hartley, KML, Banks, Tuck, etc.

KLS is different because she has the potential to be an olympian/have a very good pro career. Bonnie and Karlie can probably play overseas, or use their Stanford degree to do whatever they plan to do, but they are not nearly as good or talented as KLS.
Your point about playing time is valid. However, when it's your sisters who went to a particular school in the hopes of playing some decent minutes and aren't, it can't help but effect your decision-making process.

Reaction Score

What do you think has happened to Karlie and Bonnie? And why would it be any different at UConn? Stanford and UConn are very similar programs in terms of what it takes for players to be successful on the court. I can't follow your logic.

Reaction Score
What do you think has happened to Karlie and Bonnie? And why would it be any different at UConn? Stanford and UConn are very similar programs in terms of what it takes for players to be successful on the court. I can't follow your logic.
My point is not that if the older sisters had attended UConn it would be any different right now...it may well not be...may quite possibly have been exactly the same. My point is that, like almost any close family with three sisters, they may have envisioned a scenario where all three could be playing meaningful minutes on the court, for the same program, at the same time. Since that is not likely to happen at Stanford now, with the experience of the first two, I think it raises the odds that Katie could now go elsewhere...and that could certainly benefit UConn.

Reaction Score
I think Katie Lou's situation may be a little different than Bonnie's or Karlie's. Katie Lou's potential is notches above her sisters. Perhaps Stanford was a good choice for Bonnie and Karlie. I don't think it is for Katie Lou.
I tend to think that Katie Lou aspires to a future in basketball, Olympics and WNBA. Therefore, I think UCONN IS the perfect choice for Katie Lou. Geno's reputation for getting young ladies ready for the Olympics and WNBA has NO rival. So Katie Lou can fulfill her potential and win a couple National Championships at UCONN.

Can you imagine having Katie Lou and Courtney Ekmark banging 3's from the perimeter ? Who and how will you double team us ?

Reaction Score
She plays, and plays where ever she goes! she is the #2 player in her class, and member of team USA. Not all sisters are created equal. Why would she sit at Stanford which generally has less talent, but plays at Uconn? She goes here if she likes what Uconn has to offer, likes the coaches and teammates and feels comfortable here.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members