Adamec: Confirms Samuelson and her parents will visit tomorrow | The Boneyard

Adamec: Confirms Samuelson and her parents will visit tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Is Mr. Samuelson the person who slipped on some ice and broke a leg or something during their first visit?

LINK

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Okay. Thanks. I was thinking Stanford.... Forgot about Jayne.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
This is one young lady I am crossing my fingers will commit to UConn.

Reaction Score

We know that Katie is interested in UCONN or she wouldn't take the time and expense of making an unofficial trip.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lots of black ice early this morning, but it was fairly dry today so hopefully by the time they reach campus it will be safe to walk around!

Reaction Score
She is here for the Springfield game on the weekend so ... not that big of an expense to add a couple of days to the trip.
I think it'd be great to get someone who people presume would be Stanford bound and break the "curse" that Stanford gets everyone who is accepted to it. My understanding is she's a very independent thinker and she's listed UConn as a big favorite of hers. How many kids actually commit on an unofficial visit to Storrs???? Usually Geno hasn't offered most of those kids but didn't he already offer Ms Samuelson?

HGN

Reaction Score
I got my fingers crossed too....I think her and family taking the time to visit during her Game trip is a sign of her sincere interest in UConn. Hopefully they have a good trip and visit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I still think Katie Lou should wear her NCAA championship rings and Olympic medal to the family Thanksgiving dinners with Bonnie and Karlie. :)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I hope she enjoys her time and Storrs and wants to try it out for, i dont know, 4 years ;-)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just curious, who are the players that will be at UConn in 15/16 season if KLS comes to UConn Also, if anyone knows who would be the players at Stanford for the same 15/16 year?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Just curious, who are the players that will be at UConn in 15/16 season if KLS comes to UConn Also, if anyone knows who would be the players at Stanford for the same 15/16 year?

I'll take a shot at the UConn roster in 2015-2016.
Freshman: (Note 2) KLS
Sophomores: Note 1) *Williams, Edwards, Ekmark, and Nurse
Junior: Chong (Lawton and Polido, non-scholarship players)
Seniors: Stewie, Tuck, Jefferson

(1) UConn is known to be one of Wilson's finalists
(2) In addition, UConn is known to be recruiting Boykin, Brown, Durr, Gorecki, and Collier, among others.
KLS would become the 9th scholarship player in 15-16. It is reasonable to have faith in Geno to obtain commitments from two ot more of those being recruited in same HS class as KLS.

For detailed information about all known-but-uncommitted recruits, you are invited to HuskyNan's Recruiting page in the all-purpose thread at top of first page of this (wcbb UConn) site.

This has been a challenge for me. I look to one of our many Boneyard experts to work up the Stanford sequel.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kibitzer handled UCONN. I'll take a stab at Stanford

Senior - Alex Green, Tess Picnell, Jasmine Camp
Junior - Erica McCall, Kailee Johnson, Karlie Samuelson, Khaliya Thompson, Briana Roberson
Soph - Taylor Rooks, Brittany McPhee, Kaylee Johnson
Fresh - ??? (not KLS ;))

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gosh I like our chances with KLS. There were rumors it was between UConn and ND in that order. I get the feeling that the attitude towards Stanford might be that her sisters aren't getting much play time and it your not playing them this year why would I come an sit and not have a chance to win a NC. My ole saying when the coach who doesn't play you asks...Will you be playing for me next year? and the answer is well I didn't play for you this year(while sitting the bench) so why would I want to play for you next year????????????

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Is Mr. Samuelson the person who slipped on some ice and broke a leg or something during their first visit?

LINK
The other 2 stars in the next 2 classes, Durr and Wilson, believe they can be one of the best players ever, and very well could be. To get to such a level you must leave a winning legacy. If Ms Samuelson commits to joins the talent coming next year you may assume Uconn should win many games. If she or either of the other 2 commit to Uconn you should believe it will be hard for the other 2 not to consider Uconn. Griner only won 1 title while Uconn won 2 in her 4 years. Courtney Paris was a double double machine who's dad said she'd win multiple titles where ever she went and didn't. Geno and talent is hard to beat no matter who you are because it's a team game and Geno gets his great players to buy into it better than anyone ever. He also gets his woman to play hard no matter the score or the opponent, and as we've heard in quotes from many other coaches how hard that is. They other 2 both know how good KLS is and how her shooting will make there skill set shine even more. Great players should embrace having other great players. If they had to choose between what it's like on their high school team, or team USA, and if they are the kind of young woman who would choose the latter then they are Uconn kind of kids. This is the only school the 3 of them are all considering. They could be an island unto themselves surrounded by decent talent or form a unstoppable force to be reckoned with for the years ahead.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Kibitzer handled UCONN. I'll take a stab at Stanford

Senior - Alex Green, Tess Picnell, Jasmine Camp
Junior - Erica McCall, Kailee Johnson, Karlie Samuelson, Khaliya Thompson, Briana Roberson
Soph - Taylor Rooks, Brittany McPhee, Kaylee Johnson
Fresh - ??? (not KLS ;))

Thanks both to Kibitzer and Meyers for your lists.
It appears if KLS chooses UConn she gets to play with 2 players her freshman year who could be POY in WCBB, and could lead UConn to their millionth Championship. I know that doesnt happen at Stanford. RE: Stanford there doesnt appear to be any top players who would be seniors during KLS freshman year. However her second year the seniors on Stanford will be much better than Chong. (note-- no knock on Chong but I think the 5 Stanford players are better than her, definetly in numbers).

To me I think the best choice to play, and win a championship is UConn. The best place to have a possible "in" for the USA Top teams is at UConn. The best place to have the best coach in the game is at UConn. The Boneyard is a "free" forum while Stanfords is a "pay" forum. Stanford, closer to home, better school, warmer weather, play with sister for 2 years.
The RPI rating(Really Play Intense) leans to UConn. The SOS(Strong Outside Shooting) leads to UConn.
I hopes KLS makes the choice that "KLS" really loves.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
How is the new Basketball facility coming along? That would make an impression.

Do we really want ALL the best talent to come to UConn? How can you complain about the lack of quality games, and at the same time want everyone to play for UConn.

And another random thought. I can't even imagine what might have been, had EDD stayed at UConn. (barring illness or injury.) As TonyC conjectured, UConn might have gone 495 and 0.

Reaction Score
UCONN is in a league of their own until maybe next season. ND and the ACC are like the old Big East, the top 3 or 4 teams beat each other up all season and in to the tournaments and are punchy by the time March Madness starts....Plus, ND needs to travel east too many times this season...It will take its toll.......IMO, ND is the cream of the crop in the ACC barring any further injuries. Duke took a huge loss with Gray going down, again........I was looking forward to seeing how these other team below UCONN play next month.......No Sleepers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom