Adamec: Collier prepared to work hard for U-18 spot | The Boneyard

Adamec: Collier prepared to work hard for U-18 spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“I was hoping they’d come,” Collier said with a smile. “They knew each other from having played together (on the U-16 team) but I hadn’t met them before the visit. I knew of Katie Lou from the 3×3 tournament but didn’t meet her.

“They’re awesome people and great players. I really wanted to have the opportunity to play alongside them. I’m so excited. My dad told me about their commitments when they happened. I know how much I enjoyed being around them and I know that it’s going to be an awesome four years.”

LINK

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
These kids are going to push themselves and each other at UConn. The result will be the Wrath of God III squad.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From USA Basketball:

Napheesa Collier (Incarnate Word Academy/O’Fallon, Mo.)
This is Napheesa’s first time at team trials (U18), but she has played in the 2013 USA Basketball 3x3 National Championship and 2012 USA 3x3 U18 National Championship, so she is a little more comfortable at the U.S. Olympic Training Center.

She’ll be a senior in high school this year, and has already committed to play for national champion UConn in 2015.

“Once I got on campus and started meeting the academic advisors, the girls and the coaches, it wasn’t a hard decision,” she said. “Because I knew this is where I wanted to be.”

Favorite thing about playing basketball:
“The competition. I’m really competitive. The winning and losing, the highs and lows, is just really exciting for me.”

Best advice received from a coach:
“Probably that working hard is more important than talent, because I believe that 100 percent. If you have all the talent in the world but you’re not a hard worker, it doesn’t mean anything.”

Go-to move in a game of Horse:
Backwards shot – I always get people on that one. Backwards right in front of the basket.”

As a 3x3 veteran, we asked Napheesa who she’d choose if she could pick any two teammates for the 3x3 game. Her picks:
“Kevin Durant and Maya Moore.”

Reaction Score
Fuller has a few tweets up with her on video. She's a very well-spoken young lady.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From USA Basketball:

Napheesa Collier (Incarnate Word Academy/O’Fallon, Mo.)
This is Napheesa’s first time at team trials (U18), but she has played in the 2013 USA Basketball 3x3 National Championship and 2012 USA 3x3 U18 National Championship, so she is a little more comfortable at the U.S. Olympic Training Center.

She’ll be a senior in high school this year, and has already committed to play for national champion UConn in 2015.

“Once I got on campus and started meeting the academic advisors, the girls and the coaches, it wasn’t a hard decision,” she said. “Because I knew this is where I wanted to be.”

Favorite thing about playing basketball:
“The competition. I’m really competitive. The winning and losing, the highs and lows, is just really exciting for me.”

Best advice received from a coach:
“Probably that working hard is more important than talent, because I believe that 100 percent. If you have all the talent in the world but you’re not a hard worker, it doesn’t mean anything.”

Go-to move in a game of Horse:
Backwards shot – I always get people on that one. Backwards right in front of the basket.”

As a 3x3 veteran, we asked Napheesa who she’d choose if she could pick any two teammates for the 3x3 game. Her picks:
“Kevin Durant and Maya Moore.”
Kevin Durant and Maya Moore. Smart kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member