Adamec: a local soph was hanging around... | The Boneyard

Adamec: a local soph was hanging around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
the UConn lockerroom after the game with South Florida. Carl reports
that Enfield High soph Mary Baskerville...6'3" or so....was in the elite seats during the game
and was mingling near the lockerroom afterwards.

Heads-up: should Enfield [undefeated in Class M] get to the state finals....maybe against
undefeated Cromwell at Mohegan Sun...date either March 19 or 20...maybe CPTVSports will
televise it. If no conflict I hope we see some staff courtside. We need bigs...wonder if the interest here will grow...also Niskayuna's Olivia Owens has our attention....another 6'3" soph.

Enfield's sweet sixteen game is against Stonington on Thursday. EH has a good soph guard
Danielle Delano who has missed the last 2 games with an injury. Mary has upped her offensive production in those games...27...24. Hope Delano gets back sooner than later.

Longmeadow High [Ma.] also has a soph big who is putting up solid numbers. Lonmeadow is Marisa's alma
mater....don't know whether we have seen the big play...I forget her name.

Both Marisa and Geno have seen Mary...maybe CD next?
Based on just one viewing Mary is more advanced defensively....long arms...nice timing...blocks and rebounds
are plentiful. Offense is a work in progress but is unselfish and seems to have a nice feel for passing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
the UConn lockerroom after the game with South Florida. Carl reports
that Enfield High soph Mary Baskerville...6'3" or so....was in the elite seats during the game
and was mingling near the lockerroom afterwards.

Heads-up: should Enfield [undefeated in Class M] get to the state finals....maybe against
undefeated Cromwell at Mohegan Sun...date either March 19 or 20...maybe CPTVSports will
televise it. If no conflict I hope we see some staff courtside. We need bigs...wonder if the interest here will grow...also Niskayuna's Olivia Owens has our attention....another 6'3" soph.

Enfield's sweet sixteen game is against Stonington on Thursday. EH has a good soph guard
Danielle Delano who has missed the last 2 games with an injury. Mary has upped her offensive production in those games...27...24. Hope Delano gets back sooner than later.

Longmeadow High [Ma.] also has a soph big who is putting up solid numbers. Lonmeadow is Marisa's alma

Both Marisa and Geno have seen Mary...maybe CD next?
Based on just one viewing Mary is more advanced defensively....long arms...nice timing...blocks and rebounds
are plentiful. Offense is a work in progress but is unselfish and seems to have a nice feel for passing.
March 1-31 is a contact period, meaning the UCONN staff can watch these Perspective Student Athletes play and can actually talk to them and their parents at the even provided the contact is "prearranged".
The UCONN staff might be a little busy though, first- and second-round of the NCAA tournament takes place Friday, March 18 thru Monday, March 21.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn has already expressed interest.

A talented sophomore class including 6-foot-3 center Mary Baskerville, in whom UConn is interested.

This season, Mary is leading the state in blocks (5.4 per game) and leading her team in scoring (15.8 points) and rebounding (8.5). UConn coach Geno Auriemma has watched her play, as have assistants Shea Ralph and Marisa Moseley.

"Mary does some unbelievable things as a big girl," Gaucher said. "She's continuing to get better every day. Sometimes, I'm like, 'Shoot the ball.' She gets so deep in the post, she likes to pass to her teammates. She's a rim protector for us on defense.

http://www.courant.com/sports/high-schools/hc-riley-column-0221-20160220-story.html

Just noticed this was mentioned in a previous thread. So many to keep track of.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kayla Mokwuah

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
March 1-31 is a contact period, meaning the UCONN staff can watch these Perspective Student Athletes play and can actually talk to them and their parents at the even provided the contact is "prearranged".
The UCONN staff might be a little busy though, first- and second-round of the NCAA tournament takes place Friday, March 18 thru Monday, March 21.
Actually, they'll have quite a bit of time. From the end of the AAC Tourney 3/7 until the beginning of the NCAA 1st round 3/18 gives them a good 10 days including the weekend of the 11/12th to see some games, players.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From the couple of videos out there Mary Baskerville is strong, not very long, but a major shot blocker. Offensive there is not much in the tape but a solid stroke at the free throw line might be an indication of offensive potential. The shot blocking and major "grown woman" strength are already college ready IMO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's shooting 78% from the field over her two years in high school, better as a frosh which leads me to believe she's expanded her repertoire.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/mar...VebEWg/gendersport/girls-basketball-stats.htm
Maybe. Or the increased shooting volume as a Sophomore brought her back to her true mean. Or the defenses got better her second year around. Still very impressive numbers (shooting percentage, blocks, and steal per game). Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Her sophomore shooting stats are still outstanding. She barely missed as a frosh!

HGN

Reaction Score
Let's all hope she decides to hang around UConn locker rooms for her college career .:)

Reaction Score
I'd love to see an in state kid make it to UCONN but I think we have to put the breaks on some. Enfield plays in one of the weakest conferences with some of the state's weakest basketball programs. There was a day when Enfield had great youth programs, both soccer and basketball but both have suffered over the past 5 or so years. Again, I have my fingers crossed for both her and the program.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'd love to see an in state kid make it to UCONN but I think we have to put the breaks on some. Enfield plays in one of the weakest conferences with some of the state's weakest basketball programs. There was a day when Enfield had great youth programs, both soccer and basketball but both have suffered over the past 5 or so years. Again, I have my fingers crossed for both her and the program.
Baskerville has some great Hartford connections... hopefully she plays a lot a pick-up with them and also join the girls/women division of the Hartford Pro-Am this summer long with a strong AAU team

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I guess my question is; where is she ranked in her class?
Baskerville currently not ranked.
Cosgrove ranked pretty highly by ESPN already. With a good Spring/ Summer @ Belles possibly top 10 Post and Top 50 in the class. Lots of video out there on Cosgrove besides what CoachBill has already posted. She's smooth! Moves great and has a mechanically pure stroke with 3 point range.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
How about a border war game between Enfield and Longmeadow next year...Big vs. Big? The schools are about 10 miles apart.
Maybe invite Niskayuna over for a holiday tourney...another match-up of Bigs?
Enfield High is merging next year with the other local high school...Fermi.
I suppose that might move them from Class M to Class L. In any case while Mary and her soph teammates are at Enfield they should try to schedule up to test their abilities.
Capital Prep has been the best team in the state recently but they lost Gillespie to Maryland last year and now will lose Elmore to Syracuse after this season...CP plays a great schedule with several out of state games...Elmore is putting up 30 points a game with regularity.

I would think CP would be down a bit next year...maybe EH could be competitive with them. Handling CP's overall athleticism would be an issue.

Reaction Score
How about a border war game between Enfield and Longmeadow next year...Big vs. Big? The schools are about 10 miles apart.
Maybe invite Niskayuna over for a holiday tourney...another match-up of Bigs?
Enfield High is merging next year with the other local high school...Fermi.
I suppose that might move them from Class M to Class L. In any case while Mary and her soph teammates are at Enfield they should try to schedule up to test their abilities.
Capital Prep has been the best team in the state recently but they lost Gillespie to Maryland last year and now will lose Elmore to Syracuse after this season...CP plays a great schedule with several out of state games...Elmore is putting up 30 points a game with regularity.

I would think CP would be down a bit next year...maybe EH could be competitive with them. Handling CP's overall athleticism would be an issue.
Merge with Fermi should present her with stiffer competition depending how they restructure the teams, geographically. Conceivably they could be pitted against S. Windsor, E. Htfd, Manchester, maybe Conard, RHAM, Tolland all of which would provide a sense of where she could go next. Agree on the Capital Prep comments, they recruit well and challenge themselves with their out-of-state schedule. CT Storm used to be a pretty good AAU club but not so sure where they stand anymore as the lead girl's coach moved on a couple of years back I think.

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno & Staff need to get in on 2018 6'4" NY (Long Island ) emerging Star Danielle Cosgrove
Versatile, Skilled , Mobile .
Great work ethic, student & kid
plays for Philly Belles for AAU

Coach Bill ‏@NYcoach Feb 17
6’4″ Versatile 2018 NY Frwd DANIELLE COSGROVE = Rising Star @cosgro6
http://www.wiseeyesports.com/63-versatile-2018-ny-forward-danielle-cosgrove-rising-star/
Saw tape on Danielle Cosgrove and she really looks good. Hopefully Geno can come away with one or both of Cosgrove and Baskerville.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Usually we get guards from Long Island, unless you count Tina, who is from Queens. Danielle looks like a great recruit.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
I live close to Danielle . talk to parents consistently.
Dad is 6'8" . He played at Hofstra. played with Kenny Anderson in h.s. ( Archbishop Molloy )
Danielle's hoops trainer is same guy guy who worked with Bria Hartley .

she is a very impressive 6'4" / Post prospect.... especially when you consider she is just a Soph.
Good mobility. very coordinated & comfortable with her Size / body already.
along with Legit 3pt / High post quick catch & shoot stroke already...she also has an advanced Low post arsenal. Legit jumphooks with either hand.
(to baseline or middle ) . nice foundation of fundamentals.
very polished 1-2 dribble counter moves.
already shows good dexterity and 1st step quicks with ballhandling and high post drives

what really adds to her " upside " , is her distinguishable work ethic and maturity . She def wants to be really good
QUALITY young lady ! Top notch student

** just needs added strength and toughness....that comes with progressive development. **

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jump hook with either hand and 3-point range. That sounds like some kid from Cicero-North Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom