According to SwishAppeal, on Twitter . . . | The Boneyard

According to SwishAppeal, on Twitter . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Tulsa Shock have waived Abi Olajuwon and signed Lorin Dixon to a training camp contract.

Good luck, Lorin!!!

Reaction Score
Yay! That's great for Lorin. I hope everything works out. Unfortunate for Olajuwon though.

Reaction Score
Say whaaat? I never thought any team would give her a second glance...even for a training camp spot. She has virtually no shot at making the roster, but good for Lorin. This should be a great experience for her!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
geesh Good... cut L some slack.

but I understand how you feel (except for her chances of making it, who knows?) Im wise enough to know her chance but stranger things has happened in life

Reaction Score
geesh Good... cut L some slack.

but I understand how you feel (except for her chances of making it, who knows?) Im wise enough to know her chance but stranger things has happened in life

She's in training camp so I can take back saying she has "no" chance. But Tulsa already has two sub-5'5 PGs who are just about locks to make the team. They don't need a third. Let's just call her chances "slim"!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She's in training camp so I can take back saying she has "no" chance. But Tulsa already has two sub-5'5 PGs who are just about locks to make the team. They don't need a third. Let's just call her chances "slim"!
I understand... BUT its still a HUGE opp for her. Shows me that her name is still out there.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I wonder if anyone called or will call Barbara Turner up... she's been in Turkey for years.

Reaction Score
I concur with those believing that Ms Olajuwon was not that good. She was effective, though, considering how Oklahoma returned to the Final Four when the Paris sisters graduated.

Is there no end to the posters who believe everyone who did not come to UConn would have fared better had they come?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No there is no end. Almost any player would fair extremely well developmentally under the UConn staff.

Reaction Score
I concur with those believing that Ms Olajuwon was not that good. She was effective, though, considering how Oklahoma returned to the Final Four when the Paris sisters graduated.

Is there no end to the posters who believe everyone who did not come to UConn would have fared better had they come?
No, not everyone would have fared better, in fact, most would probably not, but that would be because Geno would not take most players, and most players would realize they would not be able to cope with the environment at Uconn. It's like saying most would be more confident people if they were a Seal Team 6 member. Just stepping on the court for the first time as a Uconn player means you have already passed many tests and have the capacity and desire for further improvement.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You talking to me? I said it would have been interesting if she'd come to UConn, nothing more.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think in general, there is a feeling among UCONN fans that Geno, CD, Shea, Marissa, Rosemary, and the rest of the UCONN staff are the best in the business, hands down. Generally that also includes developing players probably better than most any other program out there. HOWEVER... UCONN is not for everyone.

would Charde have been a "better" player if she'd gone to a different school that let her utilize her natural skills much more? Would Kaili have put up better numbers in a different program where she was used differently? I'd argue for sure their numbers would have been better (Obviously just like Heather's would be had she attended Holy Cross or Villanova), but i'm not sure players are always developed the "best" when they come thru UCONN.

there's no way to directly determine how that would work. you can't take a kid like Charde and go back in time and put her in a program like Kentucky or L'ville or Duke or ND, and then say "yep - she was better for having gone there".

I think sometimes, because we have the best coaches in WCBB, fans always think a player would have been better had they come to UCONN. in some cases, i think that's a resounding yes. No offense to our RU friends, but i think Kia Vaughn would have been developed better, AND better utilized had she come to UCONN. but i'm not sure that's true for everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom