ACC Network delayed longer, says Atlanta newspaper | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Network delayed longer, says Atlanta newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like some serious mismanagement going on over there. No wonder why they're firing personalities and staff left and right. Not only are they outbidding themselves on several contracts, but now they are paying a conference more money for no other reason than they are scared of launch losses.

All ESPN parent will do to keep paying the ACC is to raise prices at their theme parks, Micky Mouse is the symbol of Disney, because they are a MICKY MOUSE OPERATION...

Reaction Score
Someone did. The Florida State Seminoles.

The ACC took these critters. It was a Shalala-Swofford deal..sort of an offer you couldn't refuse. I don't know who woke up with a horse's head in their bed, but I suspect several nags died that night.

It just makes no football rivalry sense to play, in your division, a team that might as well be from Yellow Knife or Hudson's Bay.

The one time that I sojourned to that city on the southern shore of Lake Ontario, my friends took me out to dinner and feted me like I was off to a remote firebase in Afghanistan. They tried to buck me up..."If you would like to try Kruchenyky, it is supposedly just like the Ukraine's."

"Learn something about snow. That will allow you to enter conversations. They say that Eskimo's have 50 words for snow...in Syracuse they have at least 75...about 50 prefixed with the word "".

"The nice thing about domestic travel is that most places, are, you know, in the United States. You have a passport?".

Well, Syracuse was more familiar then I would have thought. These Canadians were involved in traditional American activities, like tooling around in Japanese cars.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So 14 years ago, Florida State was happy.

And then they begged for an SEC invite, so there's that.

They should have taken it when they had the chance. I guess that article gives you a roadmap in getting at who's to blame for blowing your future.

Reaction Score
The one time that I sojourned to that city on the southern shore of Lake Ontario, my friends took me out to dinner and feted me like I was off to a remote firebase in Afghanistan.

Uh, not Lake Ontario. It's on Lake Onandaga.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn fans shouldn't root against an ACC Network... it's by far and away UConn's best chance to get out of the AAC. But I guess it's better to try and drag them down then lift their boat based on what I read.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn fans shouldn't root against an ACC Network... it's by far and away UConn's best chance to get out of the AAC. But I guess it's better to try and drag them down then lift their boat based on what I read.

Their network fantasy is and we have nothing to do with it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Their network fantasy is and we have nothing to do with it.

Your edits are too quick. Your post changed mid-quote.

Their network is a fantasy - it's not something to celebrate.

Their network is DOA and they still get tens of millions for another decade while people pretend UConn is a Big Ten candidate? That's what you are happy about?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who's celebrating?

Reaction Score
So 14 years ago, Florida State was happy.

And then they begged for an SEC invite, so there's that.

They should have taken it when they had the chance. I guess that article gives you a roadmap in getting at who's to blame for blowing your future.

Oh...the fans have always known....the freeking administrators loved, and still do, the ACC.

Football guys, we like the SEC. Have for the 45 years of my fandom.

Reaction Score
Seriously? You seem to take great pleasure in reminding everyone their network is DOA.

I think he is just pointing out that if a conference network had been a key objective of the ACC, they could have dominated the East Coast by grabbing UConn and Rutgers and perhaps holding on to Maryland with the increased revenues from a network. It's crazy that the ACC ignored flagship state universities. Think about this: All of us thought Rutgers was an athletics dumpster fire, but they have proven to be extremely valuable to a conference network. Delaney and the Big 10 saw the value even though Rutgers athletics is still a dumpster fire.

Imagine an ACC that included these 15 teams plus a football only ND: BC, UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, UNC, NC St., WF, Duke, Clemson, GT, Florida St., and Miami. This conference would have dominated the East Coast with enough flagship state universities to get a conference network off the ground. Would have had the strongest position in NYC.

Reaction Score
Seriously? You seem to take great pleasure in reminding everyone their network is DOA.
Actually, he has never participated in the B1G fantasy and has even most recently replied to you that he believes that UConn is not a candidate for the B1G in the near future. That was posted on a thread about hockey to you as a reply, and served as a wake up call to me as well on this board. As far as ACCN is concerned, UConn has nothing to do with its presence or absence. Those who want to create imaginary league scenarios will have to wait a decade or so.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he is just pointing out that if a conference network had been a key objective of the ACC, they could have dominated the East Coast by grabbing UConn and Rutgers and perhaps holding on to Maryland with the increased revenues from a network. It's crazy that the ACC ignored flagship state universities. Think about this: All of us thought Rutgers was an athletics dumpster fire, but they have proven to be extremely valuable to a conference network. Delaney and the Big 10 saw the value even though Rutgers athletics is still a dumpster fire.

The ACC shot themselves dead when they expanded with Pitt to counter some imagined threat from the Big 12.

Then they fiddled with ND for an extra $750,000 each from ESPN as Jim Delaney set up a Sherman's March through 30,000,000 people.

But even with a network, there's nothing for UConn in the ACC. They're not expanded without Notre Dame and Notre Dame is not joining.

Reaction Score
I'm celebrating the ACC's struggles.

And I feel justified in doing so because not like anything I write on this board will influence their view of UConn as a potential candidate, meanwhile every action they have taken over the last decade RE: expansion has hurt us.

So, yeah, I don't care if the ACC is having a tough time making more money while we're making peanuts in The American.

Other people can be the better men here. It won't be me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm celebrating the ACC's struggles.

And I feel justified in doing so because not like anything I write on this board will influence their view of UConn as a potential candidate, meanwhile every action they have taken over the last decade RE: expansion has hurt us.

So, yeah, I don't care if the ACC is having a tough time making more money while we're making peanuts in The American.

Other people can be the better men here. It won't be me.

It's got nothing to do with being a better man - it's trying to find a way to join the club.

Fishy can talk in absolutes if he likes. He spoke in absolutes that there was no way UConn and BC were going to play football and a week later a long series was scheduled.

UConn is way more valuable to the ACC if the ACC is making progress towards a network. So I find it an odd thing to be emotionally against even completely understanding what any of us think means nothing.

Reaction Score
It's got nothing to do with being a better man - it's trying to find a way to join the club.

Fishy can talk in absolutes if he likes. He spoke in absolutes that there was no way UConn and BC were going to play football and a week later a long series was scheduled.

UConn is way more valuable to the ACC if the ACC is making progress towards a network. So I find it an odd thing to be emotionally against even completely understanding what any of us think means nothing.

Emotional and rational thinking are always at odds with one another.

Look, if I had a job in the UConn administration there is no way I'd be as whiney and bitter as I am right now. I understand and I agree with what you are saying, I really do.

But you can't realistically expect people here to respectfully pine over getting admission into the ACC after they've put the screws to us so many times over the last decade.

That's not to say we won't be attending the pep rally's and parades if it ever does happen, but at the moment I think being bitter and angry at that conference is a totally reasonable thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Emotional and rational thinking are always at odds with one another.

Look, if I had a job in the UConn administration there is no way I'd be as whiney and bitter as I am right now. I understand and I agree with what you are saying, I really do.

But you can't realistically expect people here to respectfully pine over getting admission into the ACC after they've put the screws to us so many times over the last decade.

That's not to say we won't be attending the pep rally's and parades if it ever does happen, but at the moment I think being bitter and angry at that conference is a totally reasonable thing.
I prefer a simmering dislike toward them. Too much energy to sustain "bitter and angry." For what it's worth, I'll retain that simmering dislike toward those programs that have actively worked to diminish our athletic department even if the ACC eventually decides it is in their interest to add us.

Reaction Score
I prefer a simmering dislike toward them. Too much energy to sustain "bitter and angry." For what it's worth, I'll retain that simmering dislike toward those programs that have actively worked to diminish our athletic department even if the ACC eventually decides it is in their interest to add us.

Fair point. Perhaps I'll transition towards simmering dislike.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fair point. Perhaps I'll transition towards simmering dislike.
Take it slowly, if you do it too quickly there's the possibility of withdrawal symtoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom