ACC/Big p match thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC/Big p match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you ever post another ACC women's soccer score on this site, I will hunt you down and throw your brain at a wall.

Why not just delete the thread??

I see this turning into nothing more than a hub for ACC insecurity and faggotry (of which we've already witnessed).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I see this turning into nothing more than a hub for ACC insecurity and faggotry (of which we've already witnessed).

Is that what your boyfriend says?

Reaction Score
Big football weekend. We have a chance to really move up by beating three Big Ten teams.
Nebraska-Miami
Pitt-Iowa
Syracuse-Maryland

I am taking all three.:)

P.S. I hope your football program gets good enough by the time we're ready to add again.

Reaction Score
Big football weekend. We have a chance to really move up by beating three Big Ten teams.
Nebraska-Miami
Pitt-Iowa
Syracuse-Maryland

P.S. I hope your football program gets good enough by the time we're ready to add again.

Nebraska will beat Miami as that game in Lincoln. Pitt should beat Iowa with their 6'-2" 250 lb RB... but I could see Pitt laying an egg in a game they should win. Both SU and UMCP are enigmas at this point. SU barely beats Villanova, but then turns around and crushes a very solid CMU team on their turf. Like SU, UMCP struggled to put USF away, yet nearly beats a very good WVU team. This one is a toss-up, but I have faith in SU to tank this one.

I have a weird feeling this could be the bad week for the ACC. Clemson gets FSU without Winston and it could give ESPN time to harp on the best ACC team potentially losing early in the season. A lot of OOC football matchups besides the B1G. If the ACC ends up 1-3 against the B1G, I'll just be glad to take credit for their one loss :)

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Nebraska will beat Miami as that game in Lincoln. Pitt should beat Iowa with their 6'-2" 250 lb RB... but I could see Pitt laying an egg in a game they should win. Both SU and UMCP are enigmas at this point. SU barely beats Villanova, but then turns around and crushes a very solid CMU team on their turf. Like SU, UMCP struggled to put USF away, yet nearly beats a very good WVU team. This one is a toss-up, but I have faith in SU to tank this one.

I have a weird feeling this could be the bad week for the ACC. Clemson gets FSU without Winston and it could give ESPN time to harp on the best ACC team potentially losing early in the season. A lot of OOC football matchups besides the B1G. If the ACC ends up 1-3 against the B1G, I'll just be glad to take credit for their one loss :)

Not trying to take away anything from 'Cuse here, but Central Michigan is not a "very solid" team. I hate to say it, because growing up, they were my second favorite college team and I spent many Saturday afternoons at Kelly-Shorts Stadium watching the Chips. They beat a very poor Purdue team (one that won't even get close to a Big10 team this side of Illinois) and otherwise are very poor.

I thought 'Cuse would give UMD a run for their money, but 31 - 13 says otherwise. Iowa beating Pitt is as big a surprise this side of Michigan beating Utah (we are so piss poor). I have no clue on Miami - Nebraska, Miami could be a beast for all I know.

Reaction Score
Cuse fans heading to the exits with over 9:00 left...Iowa drives down the field converting on 4th dwn 2x...ACC took a hit today OOC.

Reaction Score
Not trying to take away anything from 'Cuse here, but Central Michigan is not a "very solid" team. I hate to say it, because growing up, they were my second favorite college team and I spent many Saturday afternoons at Kelly-Shorts Stadium watching the Chips. They beat a very poor Purdue team (one that won't even get close to a Big10 team this side of Illinois) and otherwise are very poor.

I thought 'Cuse would give UMD a run for their money, but 31 - 13 says otherwise. Iowa beating Pitt is as big a surprise this side of Michigan beating Utah (we are so piss poor). I have no clue on Miami - Nebraska, Miami could be a beast for all I know.

ACC is having that "crappy" week. ECU laid 70 on UNC... that can't be good (but I do like ECU). The B1G is having a decent showing. IU beats Mizzou and are having their way against the ACC. UMCP and Rutgers aren't that bad. They may do your conference proud in a weird twist of fait.

And don't feel bad about Big Blue. The Wolverines will beat my 6-6 Hokies in a bowl game. Man, I hope we get to 6-6.

Reaction Score
Nebraska-Miami
Pitt-Iowa
Syracuse-Maryland

Sweet predictions Nostradamus.

Reaction Score
Sweet predictions Nostradamus.

The only one that puzzled me was the Pitt-Iowa game. Pitt likes to lay an egg every year in a game they were supposed to win (sort of like my team). That said, Pitt will probably beat Tech by 3 TDs, therefore making Iowa a better team than OSU by deduction of wins head-to-head ;)

pj

Reaction Score
100% wrong
That's similar to my wife directional instinct.
If he could post his picks weekly we will all be rich.

Unfortunately, the Murphy-Schrodinger Law of Gambling says that once more money starts being placed against his opinion than with it, his opinion will become right.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the Murphy-Schrodinger Law of Gambling says that once more money starts being placed against his opinion than with it, his opinion will become right.
Bummer

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For a supposed power conference, the ACC never seems to have much power. The Big Ten is at least holding on by its finger tips.

Looking at the AP top 25..

Pac 12 - 5
Big Ten - 4
SEC - 8
Big 12 - 4
Indy - 2
AAC - 1
ACC - 1

Reaction Score
The only one that puzzled me was the Pitt-Iowa game. Pitt likes to lay an egg every year in a game they were supposed to win (sort of like my team). That said, Pitt will probably beat Tech by 3 TDs, therefore making Iowa a better team than OSU by deduction of wins head-to-head ;)

BIG fan here, no need to justify or make excuses for VT or Pitt's inexplicable losses.

This happens every year in CF, esp during conference play. I mean look at Oregon and Wash St or MissSt and LSU.

If these games are played in a best of 3 series, the favorite usually wins.

Conference games breed conference familiarity.

Last year, Wisconsin destroyed IU in conference play, IU beat PSU and then at the end of the year, PSU went into Madison and won.

Every conference has this happen.

In your upset of OSU, pretty simple: Braxton Miller. But a team like OSU doesn't have as much depth as say FSU without Winston - but did Clemson sure blow it.

Reaction Score
What can I say? The B1G had a good week yesterday. These things happen in CF. That's why the game is played.

VT may not have recovered from losing to ECU. Syracuse really laid an egg, so the Terps got the last laugh (at least until 2019, when they play the Cuse again).

Good win by the Huskers but they have to visit Miami next year. That promises to be a barnburner.

Reaction Score
What can I say? The B1G had a good week yesterday. These things happen in CF. That's why the game is played.

VT may not have recovered from losing to ECU. Syracuse really laid an egg, so the Terps got the last laugh (at least until 2019, when they play the Cuse again).

Good win by the Huskers but they have to visit Miami next year. That promises to be a barnburner.
Next time at the "U" Neb will have more fans there than the home team...for some reason no one goes to Miami home games. Advantage Neb...AG should be gone soon for major underachieving with excellent talent thanks to doosh D'Onofrio!!

Reaction Score
In your upset of OSU, pretty simple: Braxton Miller.

I guess OSU is just another middle of the pack B1G team (like UMCP, Rutgers, Minnesota or Iowa) this year without Braxton Miller? If so, we should expect to see OSU lose 4 or 5 games this year, right?

Reaction Score
I guess OSU is just another middle of the pack B1G team (like UMCP, Rutgers, Minnesota or Iowa) this year without Braxton Miller? If so, we should expect to see OSU lose 4 or 5 games this year, right?
U just mentioned four pretti good teams and even Minnesota looks fairli solid this season... thei just don't have the depth of OSU or usualli UM who seems disoriented for having so much depth of talent. Hoke should join Golden on the scrap heap soon unless something miraculous happens.On the other hand even the bottom of the B1G is competitive it appears so far but theres still a wai's to go. I agree Calamitious OSU can't at there level use BM as an excuse...lesser teams should have an adequate backup and Braxton IMO is more ATH than QB.

Reaction Score
For a supposed power conference, the ACC never seems to have much power. The Big Ten is at least holding on by its finger tips.

Looking at the AP top 25..

Pac 12 - 5
Big Ten - 4
SEC - 8
Big 12 - 4
Indy - 2
AAC - 1
ACC - 1
As the ACC becomes more like the old Big East, it becomes more like the old Big East. Solid but not enough at the top end.

Reaction Score
As the ACC becomes more like the old Big East, it becomes more like the old Big East. Solid but not enough at the top end.

I wish the ACC were like the old Big East. The old Big East was solid in the late 90s/early 2000s with WVU, SU and VT and then later with the Miami dominance. Even Pitt and BC started coming along by that time. Now all of these teams are former shells of themselves. I fully expect Miami to "be back" some day and annoy the heck out of me. That day will come and I'll just have to take it like a man :(. Swofford has been waiting 10 years for that epic FSU-Miami conference title game. Maybe Miami can hire Butch Davis back and make it happen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom