abu article | The Boneyard

abu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting quote. Where they stand? How's this for stance, We want you in a Uconn Jersey! :). But really I wonder what that means.

pj

Reaction Score
Interesting quote. Where they stand? How's this for stance, We want you in a Uconn Jersey! :). But really I wonder what that means.

Probably means they're close to offering another power forward and would hold off to wait for Abu if he might consider a commitment in the near term.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
In divining with tea leaves and visiting the psychic network, I have concluded that that quote does not bode well for Abu becoming a Husky.

Reaction Score
A very long list of top schools recruiting him. You never really know but with so many top programs recruiting him but it sounds like we may not be in his top 5. Sounds like Ollie either wants a commitment or Uconn is moving on.

Reaction Score
I had an interesting conversation today with someone who is very close to Abu's recruitment. He said that UConn is not recruiting Abu very hard, at least not as hard as other schools, and Abu isn't sure how sincere their interest is. So maybe UConn is targeting other PFs.

Also said that UConn is not recruiting Jared Terrell any more. I figured that was the case.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Power forward isn't really a necessity. Nolan will be here for 3 more years, Brimah and Facey for 4. I think Chukwu is more important.

Reaction Score
Power forward isn't really a necessity. Nolan will be here for 3 more years, Brimah and Facey for 4. I think Chukwu is more important.

Brimah isn't a PF in KO's system, and Facey and Nolan may not be either. We're hearing conflicting reports as I just read yesterday that the staff wanted a Combo guard and a PF and may not be going after Chukwu very hard. Can't have it both ways. Could be more interested in a face up combo forward type like Leron Black or maybe Devin Robinson if he bulks up a bit.

Reaction Score
If true, it most likely means we are going after Leron Black and Kevon Looney as the top PF targets.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Looney
+
KO
+
2 years in the weight room and practice
=
Rudy gay

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Looney
+
KO
+
2 years in the weight room and practice
=
Rudy gay

Looney is more of a face-up power forward while Gay was more of an athletic wing that could finish around the rim and outside.

Reaction Score
Looney is more of a face-up power forward while Gay was more of an athletic wing that could finish around the rim and outside.

I agree, but after that vid and watching how his feet move and his body control. I can definitely see him handling the roc a lot more than most face-up 4's. I would consider Chris Bosh a face up 4. This guy, imo, has something more, I think he can play 3 in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I agree, but after that vid and watching how his feet move and his body control. I can definitely see him handling the roc a lot more than most face-up 4's. I would consider Chris Bosh a face up 4. This guy, imo, has something more, I think he can play 3 in the NBA.

Haven't seen enough but I agree he looks to have some similarities to Anthony Bennett.........no matter what strengths he ends up having he would look really good in National Flag Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom