2026 Recruiting: - Abdou Toure update 4/15/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2026 Recruiting: Abdou Toure update 4/15/24

Reaction Score
He's debated going to prep school but his coach tried to sell him on staying at Notre Dame and getting exposure through AAU. Clingan didn't go prep etc. However, after the coach just winning his first state title and an undefeated season, maybe he's softened about keeping Toure at Notre Dame. I like his comment about UConn's ball movement. Toure moves well off the ball and is always looking to find the open man, even when at the level he's able to drive whenever he wants. He's a team player. The team success is more important than his own stats.

Reaction Score
He's debated going to prep school but his coach tried to sell him on staying at Notre Dame and getting exposure through AAU. Clingan didn't go prep etc. However, after the coach just winning his first state title and an undefeated season, maybe he's softened about keeping Toure at Notre Dame. I like his comment about UConn's ball movement. Toure moves well off the ball and is always looking to find the open man, even when at the level he's able to drive whenever he wants. He's a team player. The team success is more important than his own stats.
Yes to all that

Reaction Score
He played like a man as a 10th grader. Always looks to pass if it results in a better shot. Highly athletic. Fully engaged on D.

WINNER.

Reaction Score
Given he's not ranked on 247 as of now, anyone have a guess where he'll likely settle once they update? Is he a fringe top 100 type player, or more of a borderline 4/5 star? Seems the narrative around him is the latter but his offers imply the former

Reaction Score
Given he's not ranked on 247 as of now, anyone have a guess where he'll likely settle once they update? Is he a fringe top 100 type player, or more of a borderline 4/5 star? Seems the narrative around him is the latter but his offers imply the former

Offers don't mean a lot for 2026 yet. He'll get a bunch during EYBL and we'll have a sense of what college programs think of him.

Reaction Score
My guess is a high 3 star to low 4 star.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Where have we heard this before - an instate kid who’s dream school is UConn, who stays with the local high school team instead of prep school, who has love and respect for family.

This kid was happier for his coach than himself they won the state tournament. If he fits our need I hope he makes it to UConn.

Reaction Score
Where have we heard this before - an instate kid who’s dream school is UConn, who stays with the local high school team instead of prep school, who has love and respect for family.

This kid was happier for his coach than himself they won the state tournament. If he fits our need I hope he makes it to UConn.

Rumor is that he won't be staying a NDWH.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Rumor is that he won't be staying a NDWH.
I’m sure his coach will recommend it to him. Until that happens the narrative remains. Even if he goes he stuck around longer than necessary to help his coach get the elusive state championship. Kid has selfless character, an important trait for Hurley.

Reaction Score
Top 30

Reaction Score
The last time I said anything about an instate player, I ended up with a few hundred eggs on my face. If the kid is the real deal, he fits in with the program, Hurley wants him, then go after him. With the portal a big deal now, it would not be a big deal if he doesn't pan out.
Oh yes, I saw my 3 year old posts re: Donavan are coming back to me again. OK OK I was wrong, can we please end it?

Reaction Score
How he does on the summer AAU circuit will determine a lot of this.

Reaction Score
The last time I said anything about an instate player, I ended up with a few hundred eggs on my face. If the kid is the real deal, he fits in with the program, Hurley wants him, then go after him. With the portal a big deal now, it would not be a big deal if he doesn't pan out.
Oh yes, I saw my 3 year old posts re: Donavan are coming back to me again. OK OK I was wrong, can we please end it?

I don't think I've ever seen you spell a player's name properly. Like a single time.

Reaction Score
His stock will rise as will the quality of the offers he receives.

Reaction Score
He'll be Top 30. He'll probably grow more too. Watching him at shoot arounds he barely missed a three. Add that to his finishing at the rim. Yikes.

Reaction Score
Watched 3 games... forgot to post this yesterday.

32 minutes (One 2OT game)

20.3 PTS
7.0 REB (1.3 offensive)
2.0 AST (+5.7 potential)

2.7 TO
1.7 STL
2.3 BLK

50% 2FG (8 attempts)
36% 3FG (3.7 attempts)
78% FT (10.7 attempts)

TL;DR: I don’t think he looks like a 5* yet, but he’s got a ton of really impressive pieces in place on both ends to become a high 4*. Could easily end up a 5* if he keeps grinding and improving his shooting and decision-making. Could also end up a Yale-level player if he doesn't keep improving. Soph-->Junior summer is the most important in a recruits development.

Overall: He’s playing against public school teams, so there isn’t as much to glean as normal. He’s totally physically dominant at this level–the free throws are the evidence. But I see a lot to like and keep an eye on this summer before we decide to offer or not. Great size for a 3, fantastic athleticism. Defensive potential is there. Free throw shooting is fantastic. 3-ball is a work in progress (streaky), but a lot to like for potential. On-balance and pretty consistent. Handles are supposedly improving. I’d call them fine, but decision-making with the ball in his hands is not up to par for a 4* player in his class. He’s a willing passer who has some nice reads in his bag and seems to be a consummate teammate, hyping up his teammates all game. Sophomore to junior year of HS is the biggest summer in a player’s development. If he capitalizes, he’s a high major recruit.

The big question for me is going to be is he a Mike McGuirl/Matt Knowling type of CIAC player, or is he a Mustapha Heron to of CIAC player? Realistically, probably somewhere in between, but I’d lean more towards Heron because Torre’s just a more advanced shooter than the other two. We’ll learn a lot about his game this summer with Expressions. IMO a reclass to 2025 may not be in his best interest if he’s truly looking to maximize his effectiveness his freshman year. He looks like a 3* in the 2025 class right now IMO.

Offense: 3-point shooting is the biggest surprise. His shot is on-balance and seems to be pretty accurate. It is a SLOW shot (achingly slow) that got blocked twice in the full game I saw against public school competition. Inconsistent… was 3/7 one game, 0/0 the next, and ¼ after that. That’s not great, but the mechanics are fine, so I expect we’ll see that improve as he continues building his bag. He has a habit he must be trying to fix of combing his hair on his release. Shoots better when he nixes that, even on FTs. Free throw shooting is excellent overall. Handles are fine for a wing recruit, but could use some work to become elite. While he’s a dynamite individual scorer in transition with a deep bag (spin move, euro-step, running back tuck, etc), his decision-making with the ball in his hands is pretty bad compared to his peers. Ran into traffic with no plan a couple times for TOs or near TOs many times. Overall just a lot of live ball TOs that he needs to clean up. Overall a bit TO prone vs pressure. I was pleasantly surprised by some of his passing too; has a drive and dish and a quick pocket pass in his arsenal, though he can only pass with his right hand. Can drive a bit with his left hand but can’t finish with his left at all. Totally a dud in that regard and it is impacting his finishing ability. Does the Jalen Adams thing where he makes a tough righty finish instead of the easy left.

Defense: Hard to get a read on his rebounding right now just because he’s bigger and stronger and more athletic than the competition. The fact that he has way more defensive than offensive boards is usually a good sign of technique and desire at any level, though. So I’m hopeful. I imagine he’ll be good with his strength and size wherever he plays in college. Has a habit of staying too upright in 1v1 defense or going arou dscreens (very common in recruits; Steph was a god awful defender in high school). Knows the reads to make, but doesn’t always make them fast enough in help defense. Overall, high potential on defense with a lot of nice pieces in place, but he’s probably not developing it playing against this competition very much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom