Aaron Crosby leaves Seton Hall | The Boneyard

Aaron Crosby leaves Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just for giggles, I say we offer the kid a scholarship.

Thinking outside the box here, might not be a bad thing to have an experienced guard ready to play at the start of the '14/15 season and hey, we're not in the same conference as Seton Hall so that rule is out the window.

And, besides, it would be amusing.

Reaction Score
He's a good player. We could do a lot worse.

On a related note, I always assumed the circus would leave South Orange as soon as Bobby Gonzo got fired. Guess not.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The circus never leaves New Jersey, only the good players do.

Speaking of which, two former Rutgers' players are in the NCAA's...Florida's Mike Rosario and Greg Echenique with Creighton.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The circus never leaves New Jersey, only the good players do.

Speaking of which, two former Rutgers' players are in the NCAA's...Florida's Mike Rosario and Greg Echenique with Creighton.

You can take Rosario out of Rutgers but you can't take the Rutgers out of Rosario. Turnovers and missed layups? He's your guy.

Reaction Score
Top recruit goes to Europe... Another recruit gets arrested for robbery... Now this... Rough couple weeks.

Reaction Score
It's insane what has happened at Seton Hall in recent years, they have had some serious criminals up there. If I were the Hall I would offer whatever it takes to get Hurley.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's insane what has happened at Seton Hall in recent years, they have had some serious criminals up there. If I were the Hall I would offer whatever it takes to get Hurley.

That is exactly what they need to do.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to prove he can win first.

They need players, and there are plenty of them right in their backyard. Pitino keeps calling Willard "the best x's and o's coach in America." Even if that's true, it doesn't mean a whole lot when your recruiting base is disgruntled transfers, criminals, and the Canary Islands.

Hurley will get players. That's half the battle, and then some.

Reaction Score
They need players, and there are plenty of them right in their backyard. Pitino keeps calling Willard "the best x's and o's coach in America." Even if that's true, it doesn't mean a whole lot when your recruiting base is disgruntled transfers, criminals, and the Canary Islands.

Hurley will get players. That's half the battle, and then some.

Hurley was 8-21 this year, his first year at URI. 4-14 since Dec 27th. That's not showing much improvment. Granted he inherited these kids.

Reaction Score
I would not judge Hurley on this year at URI - they were very competitive in games before they got away from them late despite being completely outgunned talent wise. I bet within 2 years they will be a very good team .

Reaction Score
same is true of your head coach. 0 for 8 in tourney appearances as a head coach isn't exactly setting the standard

Cooley has improved his teams overall record in each of the years he has coached. Cotton has run out of gas this year. The cavalry is coming with much needed depth next year. You guys saw first hand what happens when you ask small guards to play 37+ minutes a game. They break down.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Cooley has improved his teams overall record in each of the years he has coached. Cotton has run out of gas this year. The cavalry is coming with much needed depth next year. You guys saw first hand what happens when you ask small guards to play 37+ minutes a game. They break down.
Well, in our case they win 20 games and would have been tourney bound. PC, not so much n

Reaction Score

Not sure what you mean because we don't make excuses around here. We lost 4 of our 5 best players last year (2 lottery picks) and improved on our record. No excuses just on court results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom