AAC Website | The Boneyard

AAC Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone know when they plan on activating a website for our new conference. It's weird...if you go to bigeast.org they're still reporting on Spring Football from schools like SMU, who'll never play a single second in the conference called the Big East. Any word out there on Twitter or other sources??

Also, random question but does anyone think Louisville or Rutgers will put AAC on their bball courts or football fields? I'm going with no since it'll just be changed to ACC and B1G in a year. Wish we'd have the same luxury....

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I don't think the AAC actually exists yet. We're still in the Big East. The AAC will become an actual entity sometime between the end of the season for baseball and other spring sports and the beginning of football and other sports in the fall. I suspect (hope) the ACC will launch a website in June once the Big East as we know it is kaput.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I would prefer if the AAC didn't have a website at all.

There isn't a single school that's proud to be in this conference anyway.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Honestly, I would prefer if the AAC didn't have a website at all.

There isn't a single school that's proud to be in this conference anyway.

The AAC is the league we'll be in for at least the near term. UConn will serve its own cause by promoting the AAC and helping to strengthen it rather than deriding it or tearing it down. The AAC is our fate for the moment. We need to make the most of it.

Reaction Score
The AAC is the league we'll be in for at least the near term. UConn will serve its own cause by promoting the AAC and helping to strengthen it rather than deriding it or tearing it down. The AAC is our fate for the moment. We need to make the most of it.

For as much crap as the AAC gets I don't believe it will be as bad as everyone thinks, Men's basketball is taking the only real hit (A BIG hit though). It's not like losing Cuse, Pitt and Rutgers football is that big of a loss though. Those schools are average at best and I'm sure SMU, Houston and co can put together the same .500 level football.

We don't have to like the AAC but I agree we are have to pretend we do and promote the conference brand as the top school, not try to disassociate ourselves. So lets put on the fake smile and bite our tongue until we can paint B1G on the floor of Gampel!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nice post Abe.

Reaction Score
How is losing LVille, Rutty, Cuse and Pitt offset with adding ECU, Tulane, Houston and Tulsa in fball?

For as much crap as the AAC gets I don't believe it will be as bad as everyone thinks, Men's basketball is taking the only real hit (A BIG hit though). It's not like losing Cuse, Pitt and Rutgers football is that big of a loss though. Those schools are average at best and I'm sure SMU, Houston and co can put together the same .500 level football.

We don't have to like the AAC but I agree we are have to pretend we do and promote the conference brand as the top school, not try to disassociate ourselves. So lets put on the fake smile and bite our tongue until we can paint B1G on the floor of Gampel!

Reaction Score
Too many of you keep looking at this new conference from a yesterday perspective and I try and see the potential of these new schools 5 years down the road. Most of these other schools are taking a step up by joining this league which can only help their athletic departments and fan bases. UConn is in the unique position to be granted flagship status while at the same time being given a few years to strengthen their football program and make themselves extremely appealing for the next big shift in conference re-alignment. UConn might be taking a temporary step down to collectively catch it's breath, enhance it's football program, fan base and AAU eligibility so that taking that next step or two up is achievable. Maybe short term it's better for us to be a TCU(up and coming program in a weaker conference gets an invite) than a Duke(school that might eventually find itself in UConn's current predicament as it has a weak football program in a conference that might face the same fate as the Big East).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn might be taking a temporary step down to collectively catch it's breath, enhance it's football program, fan base and AAU eligibility so that taking that next step or two up is achievable.

MIGHT?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Reaction Score
How is losing LVille, Rutty, Cuse and Pitt offset with adding ECU, Tulane, Houston and Tulsa in fball?

I didn't say it offsets, the AAC is definitely a step down but from our position we are still in the middle of the pack with these football schools. The football is not such a downgrade where we will be expected to run through the conference unchallenged with no opposition. Basketball on the other hand is taking a huge hit. In this conference there will be pressure to be in the 25 win neighborhood each season. In total I think the downgrade in basketball quality will be 10x worse than football.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The fact that UConn Football, as it currently stands, is still middle-of-the-pack, proves how bad the AAC is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom