AAC is bad, but check out this Big East idiocy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC is bad, but check out this Big East idiocy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The AAC once ville leaves is clearly inferior to the BE. Fact.

Also I can get to the BE site using .com (redirects to .org) or using .org. Works wonderfully, I have no idea what you're struggling with. You made it to is site, is technology difficult for you or something? Redirecting has been around awhile and is very useful. Not a clue what you're complaining about, but it is rather hilarious you posted this almost immediately as the site launched. Again conf website, no be cares anyway.
You clearly are a . Fact.
(See what I did there?)

Reaction Score
upstater: You can have add just the regional sports package at 12.99/month. I've got Xtra + the Sports pack and I get all the regionals plus BeIN and USN...

Thanks, did not know. I'm new to all this. Still, don't need Fox regional for $13 a month

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Thanks, did not know. I'm new to all this. Still, don't need Fox regional for $13 a month
I live outside of New England so I got it mainly for Sox pre-game/post-game on NESN and I do watch a fair amount of Universal Sports Network and BeIn. Diamond League Track and Field on USN and soccer on BeIn. It was worth it just for Liverpool/Knotts County in the Capital One Cup.

Reaction Score
Nah. Cincy, Temple, Memphis and UConn clearly match Nova, Georgetown and Marquette. The bottom of each conference is sad but I'm just not willing to say SHU , SJU and Providence are that much better than Houston, SMU etc. Those schools are already recruiting much better because of the AAC while the Big East schools will probably stay the same or drop off.

You've got to be kidding me with this. SJU not better than Houston/SMU? SJU will be possibly the most talented team in the Big East this year. I expect SJU to make a big run this year. Big mistake discounting this SJU team that is absolutely loaded. In addition, Temple is in a rebuild and will likely be average at best. Cincy loses their stud PG which is likely to be a problem.

You've

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on SMU going forward. Two 4-star kids are freshman this season and they've already got the #1 overall player in the country verballed for 2014.

Reaction Score
Again and this is the last time, the link works perfect. It's brilliant to embed their twitter feed into homepage of website. Love it. Also, just an FYI, they can and probably will market it as bigeast.com because joe avg is stupid and assumes everything is .com. It will redirect to .org or whatever namespace they own. Companies do it all the time. Welcome to the 21st century.

College sports websites have been embedding their Twitter feeds for a few years now. UConn currently doesn't, but bigger schools seem to be getting away from it again (most have fragmented into a different Twitter feed for every sport and embedding the main athletics feed takes up a lot of valuable space for ads, so it is more common to use a social media "hub" page and have smaller links on the home page). But for example, Central Connecticut embeds theirs on their home page (just picked another local school at random). My alma mater (Patriot League school) has been embedding theirs for a couple years. Heck, I work at a DIII school and our athletic department started doing it around two years ago.

It's not a stroke of brilliance. It's a standard option these days.

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on SMU going forward. Two 4-star kids are freshman this season and they've already got the #1 overall player in the country verballed for 2014.

Yeah Alex, they have some young talent and aren't that bad. I think Temple will have it rougher than predicted. My only question about UConn is the frontcourt.

I was just surprised by the hoop hound calling SJU at the bottom of the conference. I don't think he knows much about this SJU team. This will be our best team in years IMO. A lot added and everybody returning. Loaded at all spots and finally healthy thus far.

Reaction Score
Yeah Alex, they have some young talent and aren't that bad. I think Temple will have it rougher than predicted. My only question about UConn is the frontcourt.

I was just surprised by the hoop hound calling SJU at the bottom of the conference. I don't think he knows much about this SJU team. This will be our best team in years IMO. A lot added and everybody returning. Loaded at all spots and finally healthy thus far.

People are comparing talent levels. Production is a whole other story. If SMU pulls in say Myles Turner to go with Mudiay, Frazier, Moore, Moreia and the others, they will have the most talent not only in the AAC, but in the BE too. They'll have more talent than all but 10 teams in the entire country. How they are doing this is anyone's guess.

Reaction Score
PC will finish 8th. And someone will owe me & Deepster their PC seats. ;)

Reaction Score

Oh yeah, I made mention on the CR board that PC did very well for itself.

Personally, I would not hold my breath on the Paradise Jam, since UConn fans got to experience the underwhelmingness of that thing last year, as well as the second-rate TV. You are playing in a hotel ballroom--in case you didn't know. If someone tries a full court heave in the waning minutes, it might hit the ceiling.

I also think the Kentucky game might not be featured because of its very weird time. Sunday night against the NFL in December might knock that game down from what should be on ESPN2 at least.

I think UConn and PC made out really well when it came to TV exposure, despite what many predicted.

Personally, I wouldn't be so excited about CBS SN and FSN and ESPNU, because they get about as much exposure as SNY.

Both schools will appear on bigtime TV 4x as much as NC State.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You've got to be kidding me with this. SJU not better than Houston/SMU? SJU will be possibly the most talented team in the Big East this year. I expect SJU to make a big run this year. Big mistake discounting this SJU team that is absolutely loaded. In addition, Temple is in a rebuild and will likely be average at best. Cincy loses their stud PG which is likely to be a problem.

You've

Are we talking about St. John's long term or St. John's this year? Because if it's just this year, then we get to count Louisville.

Reaction Score
St. John's was a .500 team last year that ended in a total free fall. Maybe they have a good year this year, but first we need to see them ravel again after becoming unraveled.

Reaction Score
College sports websites have been embedding their Twitter feeds for a few years now. UConn currently doesn't, but bigger schools seem to be getting away from it again (most have fragmented into a different Twitter feed for every sport and embedding the main athletics feed takes up a lot of valuable space for ads, so it is more common to use a social media "hub" page and have smaller links on the home page). But for example, Central Connecticut embeds theirs on their home page (just picked another local school at random). My alma mater (Patriot League school) has been embedding theirs for a couple years. Heck, I work at a DIII school and our athletic department started doing it around two years ago.

It's not a stroke of brilliance. It's a standard option these days.

I was being sarcastic with the brilliant stuff. No its standard, some users are having trouble grasping it. Further, they cannot grasp the idea that a business entity might market their site as .com and redirect to .org. Who cares? This thread is a total fail.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, I made mention on the CR board that PC did very well for itself.

Personally, I would not hold my breath on the Paradise Jam, since UConn fans got to experience the underwhelmingness of that thing last year, as well as the second-rate TV. You are playing in a hotel ballroom--in case you didn't know. If someone tries a full court heave in the waning minutes, it might hit the ceiling.

I also think the Kentucky game might not be featured because of its very weird time. Sunday night against the NFL in December might knock that game down from what should be on ESPN2 at least.

I think UConn and PC made out really well when it came to TV exposure, despite what many predicted.

Personally, I wouldn't be so excited about CBS SN and FSN and ESPNU, because they get about as much exposure as SNY.

Both schools will appear on bigtime TV 4x as much as NC State.

I don't think anyone is excited about CBS SN, FSN or ESPNU for exposure, but for the fact that pretty much start to finish we can all watch just about every single PC game on TV (not streaming, etc etc).... That's unprecedented...

Reaction Score
My expectation is that the Big East is going to fall off a cliff in the next 5 years. I may be wrong, I may be right. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is excited about CBS SN, FSN or ESPNU for exposure, but for the fact that pretty much start to finish we can all watch just about every single PC game on TV (not streaming, etc etc).... That's unprecedented...

Nothing new for UConn, so you can get excited. Exposure is important for landing recruits. They need to be seen.

Reaction Score
My expectation is that the Big East is going to fall off a cliff in the next 5 years. I may be wrong, I may be right. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

I agree-the PC crowd seems to believe the NEW BE is a great conference now and forever, but the best thing they have is the name. Lets be honest here-the best teams from the "OLD" BE, based on success in conference and nationally are UConn, Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville. They are GONE! So remaining you have GTown and Villanova, neither have the national rep of the four mentioned. How many NC's are there among them? PC=O, SH=O, GTown=1, etc. How many final fours even? Without the football $$$, the NBE conference will not have the financial resources to improve their schools with facilities, coaching or academically. Time will tell, but they certainly will not be the Best Basketball Conference in USA

Reaction Score
St. John's was a .500 team last year that ended in a total free fall. Maybe they have a good year this year, but first we need to see them ravel again after becoming unraveled.

SJU was in a free fall due to injuries and suspension of Harrison. SJU took teams like Marquette and Nova to the end even at the end of the season despite Suspending our best scorer and injuries to our entire backcourt. Sir'Dom was also suspended for the fight in the Notre Dame game. Branch was hobbled by knee injury and Phil Greene had to play with a torn hip labrum, which many didn't realize. Greene is still healing from labrum surgery. The entire backcourt could barely suit up.

This year is a bit different. Everybody returns plus additions of Orlando Sanchez, God's Gift, Rysheed Jordan and Max Hooper. Everybody is healthy now, and from what I've heard Branch has improved leaps and bounds. Sanchez is a starter at PF. This team will be a lot better than last year I think.

Reaction Score
I agree-the PC crowd seems to believe the NEW BE is a great conference now and forever, but the best thing they have is the name. Lets be honest here-the best teams from the "OLD" BE, based on success in conference and nationally are UConn, Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville. They are GONE! So remaining you have GTown and Villanova, neither have the national rep of the four mentioned. How many NC's are there among them? PC=O, SH=O, GTown=1, etc. How many final fours even? Without the football $, the NBE conference will not have the financial resources to improve their schools with facilities, coaching or academically. Time will tell, but they certainly will not be the Best Basketball Conference in USA

Uconn's National Rep was built by Jim Calhoun and the Big East Conference. Now are the dog days of the AAC and Kevin Ollie. This is a different animal than the ACC conference the other 3 you mentioned are heading to, so don't expect the same level of respect moving forward by other programs. Your past NCAA Championships don't matter moving forward as these are uncharted waters for all programs in new leagues, and the AAC without Louisville doesn't look overly appealing. I hope for UConn's sake they can manage to help keep the basketball side of that conference alive. Ollie has a big job ahead.

Reaction Score
What exactly makes Pittsburgh so special? They had a decent run for a few years (consistently making the dance) and a great student section, but their biggest claim to fame is 2 "national championships" in the 1920s and a final 4 in 1941? Hell PC won the NIT twice in the 60s, back when it was as big or bigger than the NCAA tourney and has been 2 final 4s much more recently than Pitt. They had some great showings at the BET but mostly flopped in the dance, compared to the other 3....So now they're better program than Gtown Marquette and Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom