AAC is bad, but check out this Big East idiocy | The Boneyard

AAC is bad, but check out this Big East idiocy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"BIG EAST Conf @bigeastconf
The @bigeastconf men's basketball schedule will be announced today with TV info and game times. Check out http://BIGEAST.com ."

Click on the link. It takes you nowhere. Your browser will hopefully redirect you to the actual site: www.bigeast.org.

The odd thing is that I found that tweet on the Big East's website, the site that the tweet refers to.

The site itself just went online this morning. Look like crud.

Reaction Score
I clicked on the "About" tab at the top.
Very nice picture of the PC women's x-country team finishing 2nd in the NCAA's.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Small time programs acting small time, more at 11!

Stuff like this is why Georgetown and Villanova were desperate to keep the old Big East setup going as long as they could. The football schools, for all their considerable drawbacks, still provided relevancy at a level above what they are now.

They still don't have a functioning website. Think about that. After two months! Contract it out to some IT kid at Seton Hall, pay him in beer. Done.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I hope they all dry up and blow away. They were for the most part terrible.

Reaction Score

How did Providence do? It would be good for you to get a lot of league games on FS1 (not as good as ESPN and CBS, but really good).

If Providence does 0-5 on FS1, you are in NC State get buried territory.
If it does 5-10, you are in, "not bad" territory.
If you're at 10-15, you are in Major D1 territory.
If you're 15+, you're in this is much better than old BE territory.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Ah they should have put a picture of the UCONN baseball team up there as the holder of the last truly "Big East" title

Reaction Score

It's smart thinking on their part. By making them your rivals, you increase the chances that people will roadtrip to the other's arena in early March.

14 games is great for PC, fantastic. I think the CBS SN stuff is overblown, personally. Just like ESPNU, but worse.

I have a fantastic sports lineup with DirectV but Fox regional is not available. Perhaps too many regional channels with NESN, YES, MSG, SNY, CSNNE etc. It never ends.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How many games did PC have on the ESPNs last year?

It's smart thinking on their part. By making them your rivals, you increase the chances that people will roadtrip to the other's arena in early March.

Omaha.

Reaction Score
1) redirects fine' most people will assume .com, so smart setup

2) it's a conference website, who cares?

3) just released TV schedule is sick

4) hearing AAC members whose football program is a financial boat anchor and perrenial loser that no other major football conference wants beat their chest as if football had ANYTHING to do with the old BE success is laughable. Football was the demise of the old BE, not the lifeblood of it. Have fun in the AAC it's a sad existence of a conference and everyone knows it.

Reaction Score
1) redirects fine' most people will assume .com, so smart setup

2) it's a conference website, who cares?

3) just released TV schedule is sick

4) hearing AAC members whose football program is a financial boat anchor and perrenial loser that no other major football conference wants beat their chest as if football had ANYTHING to do with the old BE success is laughable. Football was the demise of the old BE, not the lifeblood of it. Have fun in the AAC it's a sad existence of a conference and everyone knows it.

1. Uh, there is no redirect. People get to the .org page only to see that the conference itself refers to the page as .com. If you're already on the .com page, why would it be prudent to be directed to a .com. That's stupid.

UConn football is profitable. Look up UConn's revenues and educated yourself. The rest of your sentence is ungrammatical and non-sensical.

The AAC has more exposure than the BE and so far it is pulling more top bball players. Mudiay and Hamilton are far ahead of anyone committed to a BE school so far.

Reaction Score
The AAC once ville leaves is clearly inferior to the BE. Fact.

Also I can get to the BE site using .com (redirects to .org) or using .org. Works wonderfully, I have no idea what you're struggling with. You made it to is site, is technology difficult for you or something? Redirecting has been around awhile and is very useful. Not a clue what you're complaining about, but it is rather hilarious you posted this almost immediately as the site launched. Again conf website, no be cares anyway.

Reaction Score

Also I can get to the BE site using .com (redirects to .org) or using .org. Works wonderfully, I have no idea what you're struggling with. You made it to is site, is technology difficult for you or something? Redirecting has been around awhile and is very useful. Not a clue what you're complaining about, but it is rather hilarious you posted this almost immediately as the site launched. Again conf website, no be cares anyway.

You seem to be very lamebrained. On the website bigeast.org, there is a message telling fans to make repeat visits to bigeast.com--which doesn't exist!

You're counting on Creighton and Butler quite a bit. Prepare to watch them implode. It's practically a guarantee.

Reaction Score

Nah. Cincy, Temple, Memphis and UConn clearly match Nova, Georgetown and Marquette. The bottom of each conference is sad but I'm just not willing to say SHU , SJU and Providence are that much better than Houston, SMU etc. Those schools are already recruiting much better because of the AAC while the Big East schools will probably stay the same or drop off.

Reaction Score
You seem to be very lamebrained. On the website bigeast.org, there is a message telling fans to make repeat visits to bigeast.com--which doesn't exist!

You're counting on Creighton and Butler quite a bit. Prepare to watch them implode. It's practically a guarantee.

The big east twitter feed is embedded into their website, brilliant actually. I went and found the tweet and clicked the link to bigeast.com from the embedded twitter feed. It opened a new bigeast.org window, exactly as I'd expect it to. Again, WTF are you complaining about exactly?

I do expect Butler to be mediocre at best. Gtown, Nova, Marquette and St Johns should all be very good and PC has a chance as well. Need to get 4 min hopefully 5 into NCAA and win some games. UCONN has a great program but you're deluding yourselves pretending the AAC isn't awful and geographically challenging for travel, recruiting, expenses, etc. it will take its toll over time on the program if you don't get out, which must be why every day there are handwringing threads in the conf realignment board about how to get into a Better conf. The ' when will football kill our basketball' thread was on point. No one in the northeast cares at all about college FB, never have never will. UCONN will never be a blip on the radar of big time college FB and thus will drag down your basketball.

Reaction Score
The big east twitter feed is embedded into their website, brilliant actually. I went and found the tweet and clicked the link to bigeast.com from the embedded twitter feed. It opened a new bigeast.org window, exactly as I'd expect it to. Again, WTF are you complaining about exactly?

Who complained? No one complained.

I just pointed out that the Big East people are stupid idiots. You think it's brilliant to not know the address of your own website, but if I were you I wouldn't broadcast that and draw questions about the quality of education at my alma mater.

Reaction Score
Who complained? No one complained.

I just pointed out that the Big East people are stupid idiots. You think it's brilliant to not know the address of your own website, but if I were you I wouldn't broadcast that and draw questions about the quality of education at my alma mater.
Again and this is the last time, the link works perfect. It's brilliant to embed their twitter feed into homepage of website. Love it. Also, just an FYI, they can and probably will market it as bigeast.com because joe avg is stupid and assumes everything is .com. It will redirect to .org or whatever namespace they own. Companies do it all the time. Welcome to the 21st century.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Contract it out to some IT kid at Seton Hall, pay him in beer. Done.
That's how you end up with a piece of crap like this - by thinking any college kid with a computer can do it.

Reaction Score
Again and this is the last time, the link works perfect. It's brilliant to embed their twitter feed into homepage of website. Love it. Also, just an FYI, they can and probably will market it as bigeast.com because joe avg is stupid and assumes everything is .com. It will redirect to .org or whatever namespace they own. Companies do it all the time. Welcome to the 21st century.

Companies post the wrong information all the time. It's nice to know that's your view of the world.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I do expect Butler to be mediocre at best. Gtown, Nova, Marquette and St Johns should all be very good and PC has a chance as well. Need to get 4 min hopefully 5 into NCAA and win some games. UCONN has a great program but you're deluding yourselves pretending the AAC isn't awful and geographically challenging for travel, recruiting, expenses, etc. it will take its toll over time on the program if you don't get out, which must be why every day there are handwringing threads in the conf realignment board about how to get into a Better conf. The ' when will football kill our basketball' thread was on point. No one in the northeast cares at all about college FB, never have never will. UCONN will never be a blip on the radar of big time college FB and thus will drag down your basketball.

Villanova and St. John's are your examples for why the BE is better? Oh brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom