AAC Guard Comparison | The Boneyard

AAC Guard Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
AmericanGuardCompare.jpg

Interesting look at the top 3 backcourts in the AAC statistically. You could argue that the Memphis backcourt benefits from playing in CUSA which gave up an EFG of 50% last year compared to the big east's 47%, but even normalizing for that you have to respect what they've put together. They are deep. I'm not sure what Jones' will bring to the 'Ville backcourt. Should be some entertaining games next year. Glad we get both these guys x2.

Reaction Score
Good guards. I see epic battles between Bazz/Boat and Smith.

Reaction Score
View attachment 3213

Interesting look at the top 3 backcourts in the AAC statistically. You could argue that the Memphis backcourt benefits from playing in CUSA which gave up an EFG of 50% last year compared to the big east's 47%, but even normalizing for that you have to respect what they've put together. They are deep. I'm not sure what Jones' will bring to the 'Ville backcourt. Should be some entertaining games next year. Glad we get both these guys x2.

You have a way of finding good stuff...

Keep in mind Mike Dixon if he waives in at Memphis was 1 of only 5 players to be named to the Big 12 All defensive Team in 2012 with Missouri.

Jones is expected to bring quite a bit to the Louisville backcourt. He was JC POY a la Pierre Jackson/Baylor.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Why? He speaks the truth
I'm not sure how you can see the stat lines on their 4 guards and conclude that. Next year Louisville, Uconn and Memphis will be as good a 1 2 3 punch in basketball as any conference not named the ACC. And even then it might be close.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you can see the stat lines on their 4 guards and conclude that. Next year Louisville, Uconn and Memphis will be as good a 1 2 3 punch in basketball as any conference not named the ACC. And even then it might be close.
It's the depth that kills the league. 1-3 are great, but 4-10 are all equal to mid major level

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It's the depth that kills the league. 1-3 are great, but 4-10 are all equal to mid major level
Cinci is a tournament team. Temple is 1 year removed from being a tournament team. SMU has a top 15 recruiting class and Larry Brown. I wouldn't be shocked to see 50% of the conference in the dance next year. Uconn/ville/Memphis/Cinci/SMU.

Reaction Score

Memphis can have all the talent they want, their coach is still clueless. I've seen nothing from Pastner that shows me he's anything more than just a good recruiter at a school with zero standards. And yes, one win against ranked teams in the last four years does mean you suck.

Reaction Score
Cinci is a tournament team. Temple is 1 year removed from being a tournament team. SMU has a top 15 recruiting class and Larry Brown. I wouldn't be shocked to see 50% of the conference in the dance next year. Uconn/ville/Memphis/Cinci/SMU.
There is a big difference between being great and being a tournament team. Now that I think about it, 1-2 are going to be great. That's it. 3 and 4 may be good, the rest are going to be garbage

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There is a big difference between being great and being a tournament team. Now that I think about it, 1-2 are going to be great. That's it. 3 and 4 may be good, the rest are going to be garbage

You are the first person in this entire thread to introduce the term "great team" and start to argue what differentiates that from a tournament team. I dont think thats relevant. Even your definition of two top class teams, and two (I still think its got a good chance to be 3) additional tourney teams is a strong conference. Certainly one that doesn't suck. Now we're exclusively talking about next year, things change after that, but the true dregs of the conference will be limited to Houston, Rutgers, UCF and USF. Take a look at how those teams indexed last year against Wake Forrest, Boston college, Florida state and clemson.

pj

Reaction Score
OK, I'll bite:
great - at a minimum, ranked throughout year, in top 10 most of the year, favored to reach Elite Eight.
tournament team - top 40.

Reaction Score
You are the first person in this entire thread to introduce the term "great team" and start to argue what differentiates that from a tournament team. I dont think thats relevant. Even your definition of two top class teams, and two (I still think its got a good chance to be 3) additional tourney teams is a strong conference. Certainly one that doesn't suck. Now we're exclusively talking about next year, things change after that, but the true dregs of the conference will be limited to Houston, Rutgers, UCF and USF. Take a look at how those teams indexed last year against Wake Forrest, Boston college, Florida state and clemson.
The sooner we stop having discussions about us and UCF, USF, Rutgers, Wake, Clemson, and BC the better off we'll all be. None of them are on our level. We should only compare our backcourt to great programs, the blue bloods. If one of those other programs, Cinci included, is on our level it's by accident. We shouldn't care what Memphis and SMU are doing. We should beat them every time we play them.

UConn and Ville are great, the others may be good but they aren't in our class

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Chris Jones is a very good player. Maybe even a better all around player than Peyton Siva. Louisville's backcourt is still very good.

Reaction Score

Seton Hall
DePaul
PC (many years)
St. John's (many years)
Rutgers

we have seen BAD teams in the BE. This is where we are ... and we really had NO alternative. Hope we can get to a better platform; in the meantime, beat the crap out of everyone.

Reaction Score
Lasan's stats look real nice in this comparison. He might actually be a lot better than we expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SemogNayr

Top Bottom