AA & Conf POY Candidate...REALLY? | The Boneyard

AA & Conf POY Candidate...REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure I have ever seen a more over-hyped player than Meighan Simmons -- but I gotta hand it to her, it hasn't taken her long to get into mid-season form. Her stats to-date thru four games include:

FG's 14-48 (29% -- and half of her makes have been lay-ups)
3FG's 3-19 (16%)
Asst = 5 TO = 9
Steals = (arguably the quickest player on the team/league but she prefers to shadow guard defenders)

Plus, she is still taking way too many ill-advised shots (i.e. gunning)...can't really say that the LV coaching staff has positively affected her game in 3+ years. The fact Simmons is the pre-season conference POY says a lot about the SEC...the conference just ain't that good. The LV's will be better next season simply by not having her on the team. In the mean time, I am not sure how anyone can consider Tenn a legit threat for the NC if Simmons is truly considered their best player and leader.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure I have ever seen a more over-hyped player than Meighan Simmons -- but I gotta hand it to her, it hasn't taken her long to get into mid-season form. Her stats to-date thru four games include:

FG's 14-48 (29% -- and half of her makes have been lay-ups)
3FG's 3-19 (16%)
Asst = 5 TO = 9
Steals = (arguably the quickest player on the team/league but she prefers to shadow guard defenders)

Plus, she is still taking way too many ill-advised shots (i.e. gunning)...can't really say that the LV coaching staff has positively affected her game in 3+ years. The fact Simmons is the pre-season conference POY says a lot about the SEC...the conference just ain't that good. The LV's will be better next season simply by not having her on the team. In the mean time, I am not sure how anyone can consider Tenn a legit threat for the NC if Simmons is truly considered their best player and leader.

Even LV fans at VolNation agree on this one:

"Simmons is a mess. No consistency and that is critical. Plus I can't see how her teammates are not annoyed with her constant jacking up of ill advised shots that she usually misses. Considering her speed, her defense should be much better than it is. On the other hand, the team likes rebounding over offense, so perhaps they like Simmons' misses because they represent a rebounding opportunity. ''

"Simmons 27 points on 33 shot attempts. 0.82 points per attempt. This is an unacceptable average and this has been the story of her career here. She has never had a season where she finished above 1.20 per attempt. I was hoping this would be the one it hasn't thus far."

"Seemed like Simmonds and Diamond were having a personal contest to see who could jack up the most ill conceived shots. How Simmons could have been chosen as all american is beyond me. She shouldn't even be starting."

#StillTennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle