A. Zahui B. 39 Pts, 29 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl, 4 Blk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A. Zahui B. 39 Pts, 29 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl, 4 Blk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great double overtime game was on this afternoon. She got a 20+ double-double again today.

She's pretty awesome to watch!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Zahui is making a strong case for player of the year.

Reaction Score
It's fun to imagine how UConn might try to deal with a player like that, even if the teams are very unlikely to meet in the postseason. As last year's run showed, a dominant tall center can even disrupt the Huskies a bit; see their game against BYU and 6'7" Hamson. Hamson wasn't a juggernaut on offense, but she really influenced the floor on defense.

Zahui, on the other hand, might not be quite as disruptive as Hamson on defense, but is a monster on offense, particularly when she is able to use her strength to carve out a space inside.

So what I imagine UConn might do (at first) is try to disrupt the other players on the floor, rather than go for something "junky" against Zahui. If you can stop the team from successfully delivering her the ball inside, you go a long way toward neutralizing her offense. Zahui also has an outside jumper which makes "pack the paint" strategies dubious, but UConn prefers not to do that anyway.

Stokes defending against Zahui would be, for me, the most interesting matchup on the court.

Reaction Score
According to Facebook, the "B" stands for Bazoukou.

A Minnesota fan thought it stood for "Beast".

I had thought that perhaps she had an older sister Amanda Zahui A.

Reaction Score
She visited Louisville and it was between us and Minnesota. She chose Minnesota because it reminded her of home. I have been silently weeping since them. Walz was very, very high on her. Several trips to Sweden were made to see her.
Louisville with her at center?

Oh my!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She must have come on more lately. I saw parts of the Minnesota games down in FL and she didn't stand out at all.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She must have come on more lately. I saw parts of the Minnesota games down in FL and she didn't stand out at all.
Meyers,
Clearly you had a bad effect on her while she played in Florida. She was very pedestrian in Gulf Coast Showcase High was 10 Points and 6 Rebounds. Low of 4 and 4. But she exploded as soon as she left Florida. She put up 21 and 12 vs. NCST. She been on a tear since and really stepped up once Minnesota "best player" Banham got hurt in about 10th game of season. So it's either you or the Florida weather that did not agree with her.

Reaction Score
So what was Banham like? What position did she play etc? I think I might have a couple of game dvr'ed so I'll watch them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So what was Banham like? What position did she play etc? I think I might have a couple of game dvr'ed so I'll watch them.
She was awful in the first two games in Florida. Finally picked it up in the third game against GT. That is the game you want to watch to see her at her best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom