A Syr-Tenn Preview | The Boneyard

A Syr-Tenn Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Neither Orange is my favorite... so this one is a tough pill to swallow... I wish the other Huskies and Stanford were playing against the Oranges... That would really really make me happy :) To have Stanford and Washington in the final four....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about him - I actually think he is a good coach and has revived Syracuse which is a positive. For some reason things got out of hand for a few years with a few of his players and as a coach he seemed almost 'caught in the middle'. I don't think his teams before or after have played a bad brand of basketball or been particularly chippy or 'dirty'. And I really don't have a problem with him choosing not to give Stewart a homecoming game - it is his decision to make and to some degree I understand it - you want to play in front of family and friends in upstate NY - accept our offer. You choose to go elsewhere, good for you and I wish you well, but don't expect me to schedule your team to play in my gym. I think he made a bad choice on a PR level, but he didn't owe Stewart or Uconn anything. Lots of other coaches have made similar decisions.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about him - I actually think he is a good coach and has revived Syracuse which is a positive. For some reason things got out of hand for a few years with a few of his players and as a coach he seemed almost 'caught in the middle'. I don't think his teams before or after have played a bad brand of basketball or been particularly chippy or 'dirty'. And I really don't have a problem with him choosing not to give Stewart a homecoming game - it is his decision to make and to some degree I understand it - you want to play in front of family and friends in upstate NY - accept our offer. You choose to go elsewhere, good for you and I wish you well, but don't expect me to schedule your team to play in my gym. I think he made a bad choice on a PR level, but he didn't owe Stewart or Uconn anything. Lots of other coaches have made similar decisions.
I agree with you re Stewie. He does seem a bit of an odd duck, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom