A St. John's blogger takes a shot at UConn fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A St. John's blogger takes a shot at UConn fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
With certain comments on postings, it's better to hold something else.
woman-holding-nose-smell-590kb080910.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Speaking of Griner, she and Maya just faced off. Maya makes an impact in every category. BG continues to shoot a high percentage from the field. She really should get no fewer than 20 shots a game, and I would like to see her around 25.

Maya: 27 points on 8 of 23 (35%) shooting from the field (9-9 FT), 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 4 blocks
BB: 24 points on 10 of 15 (66%) shooting from the field (4-4 FT), 10 rebounds, 2 blocks

Griner threw down a couple of dunks in the previous game. I bet that was something that the Chinese crowd had never seen a woman do.

I wonder if the US players have time to hang with each other and develop friendships.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wonder if the US players have time to hang with each other and develop friendships.
I know Geno's approach to coaching pros is different from coaching college players, but it's a hallmark of his college programs that he encourages (through Chris Daily) team spirit and camaraderie inorder to build chemistry. I don't think it was a coincidence CD was an unofficial assistant with the Olympic team in London.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Griner threw down a couple of dunks in the previous game. I bet that was something that the Chinese crowd had never seen a woman do.

Very possibly. Haixia Zheng was the same height, but had no ups.

Reaction Score
This is a fascinating post!

I never heard this brought up before -- maybe I'm just out of the loop.

I'd love to see this information more widely known. I highly recommend that RegisteredUConn send a copy of this to all the members of the state's Horde, plus SNY and ESPN. I think any of them could build a great little feature around this. Some of these numbers are stunning, and they really deflate some common misconceptions about UConn held by the general public.

And if the SID at UConn ever reads this ... get crackin'!

I would hope the someone at UConn is assigned to monitor this board. We are in some sense the voice of their customers.

Such kind words deserve an update (includes last night games) on a couple of the stats, specifically the percentage of points scored in the second half and the percentage of games in which more points were scored in the second half than the first.

UConn : 44.5% / 20%
Duke: 53.0% / 66.7%
Notre Dame: 50.8% / 69.2%
Tennessee: 53.8% / 69.2%
Stanford: 49.6% / 46.2%

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I would hope the someone at UConn is assigned to monitor this board. We are in some sense the voice of their customers.

Such kind words deserve an update (includes last night games) on a couple of the stats, specifically the percentage of points scored in the second half and the percentage of games in which more points were scored in the second half than the first.

UConn : 44.5% / 20%
Duke: 53.0% / 66.7%
Notre Dame: 20.8% / 69.2%
Tennessee: 53.8% / 69.2%
Stanford: 49.6% / 46.2%
Your ND number for points in the second half doesn't look right.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nah, he's moved on. Now they're Odyssey Sims threads.
hmmm, I suck at this. I always thought ETT was a she??? We (I) need ♂ ♀ symbols somewhere in the information. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You'll notice I rarely correct TonyC, his mangling of the language would make Norm Crosby proud and is part of his lose charm.
That would be a full time job. :D

Intervention is in your future
I imagine in his profession, he already does that on occasion.

Reaction Score
Your ND number for points in the second half doesn't look right.

Somebody actually read what I posted? I'll have to remember that.

Good catch. ND scored 50.8% of its points in the 2nd half, not the previously reported 20.8%. Now corrected in the original post).

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That would be a full time job. :D

I imagine in his profession, he already does that on occasion.
Indeed. More than I want to remember.

Reaction Score
One of the reasons I left Swish Appeal for Hoopfeed; too much opinion in the writing over there (IMO).

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
hmmm, I suck at this. I always thought ETT was a she??? We (I) need ♂ ♀ symbols somewhere in the information. :rolleyes:
I also thought ETT was a woman … in fact, I thought she stated that a few times on the Baylor board during discussions about B Griner. Are we wrong ETT?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Somebody actually read what I posted? I'll have to remember that.

Good catch. ND scored 50.8% of its points in the 2nd half, not the previously reported 20.8%. Now corrected in the original post).
Of course people read your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc