A little more from Oregon... | The Boneyard

A little more from Oregon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
My thoughts on the game…

The Knight Arena is beautiful… They are rightly proud of it… It seats about 15,000 I think, but the upper level was covered up for the game… At reduced capacity it probably seats 8,000 or so… There were about 4000 in the stands for the UConn game, apparently the largest crowd they have had for a woman’s game… We had FREE parking on the street less than a block away from the arena. Water at the arena cost $2.

The floor of the arena is a fir forest… To see it properly one has to be on the upper level looking down. On TV I guess it does nothing visually…

There were a small handful of the Husky hardy in attendance… The Ducks above, below and beside us were very gracious hosts… At one point the Duck to my left thanked me for UConn’s whipping of Stanford (no love lost there)… And they were also pleased to score more points against us than Stanford had scored…

Breanna Stewart had a very tough day… Nothing she did went right… I don’t profess to be the doctor with a diagnosis, but it might be a bit of freshmanitis… Better now that later. Don't know what Bria's problems were, but she sat!

The rest of the freshmen and sophomores got a bunch of playing time… Good time for seasoning… Morgan Tuck sported a huge bandage on her right leg probably to protect it. She was a bit rusty but game and played a lot of minutes
DSC_6166A.jpg

Oregon is beautiful… We drove from Portland to Eugene through the Willamette Valley with mountains on both sides… And today “The Mountain” came out… Mt Hood , that is… If Connecticut in itself can be called a beautiful microcosm; Oregon in itself is a beautiful macrocosm…

Reaction Score
CTyankee - were you in section 102, row F, seat 1? Your picture looks like the guy that sat close to me. I was in seat 4.

Did you agree with my thoughts on Morgan? To me, she looked quite good in spots and a little uncomfortable at other times. I do think she has a ton of potential!!

CTyankee

Reaction Score
We were in 103... Row A...

Morgan Tuck will be a producer for us... She just needs more experience in playing time and a lot of TLC from her coaches... She is not shy about going to the basket.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I share your appreciation for the beauty of the state...the rocky coast, the endless evergreen forests, Crater Lake.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
My thoughts on the game…

The Knight Arena is beautiful… They are rightly proud of it… It seats about 15,000 I think, but the upper level was covered up for the game… At reduced capacity it probably seats 8,000 or so… There were about 4000 in the stands for the UConn game, apparently the largest crowd they have had for a woman’s game… We had FREE parking on the street less than a block away from the arena. Water at the arena cost $2.

The floor of the arena is a fir forest… To see it properly one has to be on the upper level looking down. On TV I guess it does nothing visually…

There were a small handful of the Husky hardy in attendance… The Ducks above, below and beside us were very gracious hosts… At one point the Duck to my left thanked me for UConn’s whipping of Stanford (no love lost there)… And they were also pleased to score more points against us than Stanford had scored…

Breanna Stewart had a very tough day… Nothing she did went right… I don’t profess to be the doctor with a diagnosis, but it might be a bit of freshmanitis… Better now that later. Don't know what Bria's problems were, but she sat!

The rest of the freshmen and sophomores got a bunch of playing time… Good time for seasoning… Morgan Tuck sported a huge bandage on her right leg probably to protect it. She was a bit rusty but game and played a lot of minutes View attachment 2015

Oregon is beautiful… We drove from Portland to Eugene through the Willamette Valley with mountains on both sides… And today “The Mountain” came out… Mt Hood , that is… If Connecticut in itself can be called a beautiful microcosm; Oregon in itself is a beautiful macrocosm…

I'm so sorry I missed you! For some reason my inbox just let me know I had messages and I totally forgot! Glad you've had a good time here! If you are still in Portland, head to Multnomah Falls!!

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Sorry I missed you too Kait... We're off to Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood tomorrow... Then 2 days exploring the coast... Then the Columbia River Gorge (Multnomah Falls???) and lastly Downtown Portland... This is truly a magnificent state to explore... Good luck with your studies...

By the way, my wife really liked the various items of apparel available in the Ducks Store... A much wider and interesting variety than UConn store stuff... She will probably buy some to wear in Connecticut (much to my chagrin :().

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom