A letter from Sue to you | The Boneyard

A letter from Sue to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Mrs. Prez did a great job here.

She clearly went the extra step of making sure the concerns of us here on the lunatic fringe were addressed.

She did not address HFD's concerns, but I don't think the UConn president has any influence over the rising price of grain alcohol or legalizing roofies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
actually her paragraph about negative media was like a professional version of a thread i did recently.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
actually her paragraph about negative media was like a professional version of a thread i did recently.

Professional?

Don't you mean coherant or sane?

Reaction Score
She wasn't talking to any of us. She said " our true fans so love our coaches". Show of hands, who here loves P n D?

Reaction Score
Lol. All in how you interpret love or what you'd love to do to our coaches I guess.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

She clearly went the extra step of making sure the concerns of us here on the lunatic fringe were addressed.

She did not address HFD's concerns, but I don't think the UConn president has any influence over the rising price of grain alcohol or legalizing roofies.

Funny. The letter will do much more to depress the fanbase than it will to encourage it. Bad job by the Pres. She's indicating more and more that she really doesnt have a sense of the pulse of what's left of the fanbase...and Warde's comments are even worse...

Reaction Score
If there ever was a we're doomed letter that was it. Pick a new school Quinnapic is on the way up

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Funny. The letter will do much more to depress the fanbase than it will to encourage it. Bad job by the Pres. She's indicating more and more that she really doesnt have a sense of the pulse of what's left of the fanbase...and Warde's comments are even worse...

She told the truth as you needed to hear it.

Where you go from there is up to you.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
She told the truth as you needed to hear it.

Where you go from there is up to you.

Assurances "that the Big East presidents are both unified and optimistic, working to strengthen the conference in imaginative ways that will see us through to a bright future for our students, coaches, and fans...and our university partners represent powerful, high-quality institutions that we are proud to join with in this conference" makes me go into depression.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Assurances "that the Big East presidents are both unified and optimistic, working to strengthen the conference in imaginative ways that will see us through to a bright future for our students, coaches, and fans...and our university partners represent powerful, high-quality institutions that we are proud to join with in this conference" makes me go into depression.

If you weren't already in a depression, you haven't been paying attention.

Your expectations are now in line with reality.

Now, do what you should have been doing from the start - praying that the Big Ten or SEC or Big 12 does something horrific to the ACC.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
If you weren't already in a depression, you haven't been paying attention.

Your expectations are now in line with reality.

Now, do what you should have been doing from the start - praying that the Big Ten or SEC or Big 12 does something horrific to the ACC.

Fair point on depression already being a reality. As I've stated everywhere here for months, Big Ten AND SEC AND Big 12 expansion is inevitable.

I was just hoping that would occur sooner rather than later. I read Sue's letter to mean she has no expectation of any additional expansion occurring in the near future, so sit tight.

That is very disconcerting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The glimmer of hope is that whatever will happen will happen without warning.

I think everyone has learned from the first ACC raid and the subsequent SEC moves on Texas A&M and Missouri that these things are best done in secret. There might have been some significant resistance at Maryland had that played out publicly but it was done deal before opposition gained traction.

So we know that whatever happens going forward won't be broadcast on a West Virginia twitter account, it'll just land.

So light a candle for Maryland's lawyers, hope that Texas starts to dream of conference games in Florida, pray that Jim Delaney buys a summer home in Virginia, whatever.

For UConn's part, the research might actually help. Kevin Ollie will keep the hoop team level, Geno, baseball, soccer, blah, blah, blah. All can help - we need to pull a Memphis/Boise and punch above our conference's weight.

Having Simple Jack coaching the football team is a killer, but hopefully someone comes to their senses there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fair point on depression already being a reality. As I've stated everywhere here for months, Big Ten AND SEC AND Big 12 expansion is inevitable.

I was just hoping that would occur sooner rather than later. I read Sue's letter to mean she has no expectation of any additional expansion occurring in the near future, so sit tight.

That is very disconcerting.
I took the following statement from that letter that she very much expects further expansion. I would bet she's also expecting people on The Boneyard to fill in the details how that will happen while she handles the specifics of getting the university into position:

As you know, conference realignment continues at a rapid pace and UConn has new challenges we must face. I do not know when or how things will settle; no one does. There is more change to come that will re-shape the landscape yet again.

The next sentence in the same paragraph is probably what has you worried. Not me. There may be no invite to a power conference ever or it make take three or four years. So she says the following:

I assure you that the Big East presidents are both unified and optimistic, working to strengthen the conference in imaginative ways that will see us through to a bright future for our students, coaches, and fans. Commissioner Aresco is an outstanding leader at an extraordinarily complex time, and our university partners represent powerful, high-quality institutions that we are proud to join with in this conference.

Call me nuts but I rather have her reassure the potential invitees into the NBE then have her get us out of depression and p*ss them off, leaving UConn hoping the A10 gives an invite. My advice is to take a Xanax while things sort themselves out instead of insisting the president focuses on our feelings. Or better yet stare at your avatar and try to forget college football exists. That's what I do!

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
simple jack....lmfao after reading that.

fishy do u know SH? becuase din't know she went by sue and not susan. maybe thats why she isn't answering my emails or calls?:D

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uconn_resuscitation-jpg.1960

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, it boils down to this - Sue is telling us, "Yeah, this sucks nuts and it might suck nuts for a while. But s*** ain't settled and we have to take of business so that when the time for gettin' out rolls around, we'll step on some heads on our way out the door".

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
I took the following statement from that letter that she very much expects further expansion. I would bet she's also expecting people on The Boneyard to fill in the details how that will happen while she handles the specifics of getting the university into position:

As you know, conference realignment continues at a rapid pace and UConn has new challenges we must face. I do not know when or how things will settle; no one does. There is more change to come that will re-shape the landscape yet again.

The next sentence in the same paragraph is probably what has you worried. Not me. There may be no invite to a power conference ever or it make take three or four years. So she says the following:

I assure you that the Big East presidents are both unified and optimistic, working to strengthen the conference in imaginative ways that will see us through to a bright future for our students, coaches, and fans. Commissioner Aresco is an outstanding leader at an extraordinarily complex time, and our university partners represent powerful, high-quality institutions that we are proud to join with in this conference.

Call me nuts but I rather have her reassure the potential invitees into the NBE then have her get us out of depression and p*ss them off, leaving UConn hoping the A10 gives an invite. My advice is to take a Xanax while things sort themselves out instead of insisting the president focuses on our feelings. Or better yet stare at your avatar and try to forget college football exists. That's what I do!

" There may be no invite to a power conference ever or it make take three or four years. "

Yes, THIS is what worries me.

I strongly wish she would never utter the words "Big East" and "confidence" ever again unless she used "dumpster fire" or "cesspool" in the same sentence.

And I dont care about reassuring ECU, UCF, SMU, UNLV, FIU, NIU, Western Kentucky or anyone else we collaborate with Temple and Cincy to convince to join our horrible new conference. Nothing, except perhaps a GOR, will ever reassure anyone ever again anyway.

In all honesty my girlfriend does bear a strong resemblance to my avatar...minus the tattoo...so I'm going to take your advice and throw her in the car and head off to CVS....

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Honestly, it boils down to this - Sue is telling us, "Yeah, this sucks nuts and it might suck nuts for a while. But s*** ain't settled and we have to take of business so that when the time for gettin' out rolls around, we'll step on some heads on our way out the door".

Fine. Just please, ask her to avoid the "Big East is great" bullshat...please...she doesnt have to publicly vomit on the conference, but no more public votes of confidence for it....

PLEASE.

C

Chief00

I don't really agree, it's not really about negativity it is about her effectiveness and Warde's. And they get a low score on that. Just today DC Brown walks - that was something that was most likely something in their control if they were on their toes. An effective football coach, yet they did not lock him up with an updated contract and show him some love.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't really agree, it's not really about negativity it is about her effectiveness and Warde's. And they get a low score on that. Just today DC Brown walks - that was something that was most likely something in their control if they were on their toes. An effective football coach, yet they did not lock him up with an updated contract and show him some love.

You wouldn't agree - you're bat s*** crazy.

I hear Jerome Dyson kicked a puppy today. You need to be on that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You wouldn't agree - you're bat s*** crazy.

I hear Jerome Dyson kicked a puppy today. You need to be on that.

i actually blame everything at uconn the past 24 years on dyson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#