A friend of mine saw Breanna Stewart yesterday | The Boneyard

A friend of mine saw Breanna Stewart yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
A Gamecock fan friend of mine, who summers in Syracuse, ran into Breanna Stewart yesterday at Onondaga Park. I thought you guys might get a kick out of that.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Ouch,hope your friend didn't bruise her,by running into her.j/k

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
People summer in Syracuse?

Doesn't everyone? :rolleyes:

My friend is originally from Syracuse and her girlfriend lives there. They spend fall/winter/early spring in Columbia and late spring/summer in Syracuse. It's surely more temperate there in the summer than it is in Columbia.

Reaction Score
A Gamecock fan friend of mine, who summers in Syracuse, ran into Breanna Stewart yesterday at Onondaga Park. I thought you guys might get a kick out of that.

Your friend was mistaken. Stewart is in Colorado right now, training with the Pan Am team.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Your friend was mistaken. Stewart is in Colorado right now, training with the Pan Am team.

Maybe I saw the post yesterday and mistakenly thought she saw her yesterday. I highly doubt a 70 year old woman would make up a story like that.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Doppleganger, obviously.

JS

Reaction Score
Doppleganger, obviously.
No need to get supernatural on us, 'ol fox.

There's probably lots of 6'4" Stewie-looking girls jogging around the park in Syracuse.

Although the times do work out, per the tweet, for her to have been there Thursday.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
"Summer" in Syracuse is not the problem. Upstate New York is, frankly, very nice in the summer.

It's dem other months, November through March in p'ticular, that'll wear ya down a bit.

Reminds me of the old joke about Vermont - "Just when summah comes varies from yeah t' yeah - last yeah, 'twas a Thursday..."

Reaction Score
No need to get supernatural on us, 'ol fox.

There's probably lots of 6'4" Stewie-looking girls jogging around the park in Syracuse.

Although the times do work out, per the tweet, for her to have been there Thursday.
After all, there are a lot of look a likes, could have been Moriah.

Reaction Score
I am from Upstate NY and yes, the summer is very nice up here. I live in a small little town right on the shores of Lake Ontario, Sackets Harbor. Google it! Totally great.

Reaction Score
"Summer" in Syracuse is not the problem. Upstate New York is, frankly, very nice in the summer.

It's dem other months, November through March in p'ticular, that'll wear ya down a bit.

Reminds me of the old joke about Vermont - "Just when summah comes varies from yeah t' yeah - last yeah, 'twas a Thursday..."

Years ago I worked in Syracuse and my Syracuse-native boss used to tell people. "We have eleven months of winter and one month of lousy sledding."

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I always liked Syracuse as a stop when I traveled for work some years ago. Nice people, and indeed, quite nice in the summer.

Now the winter - that was indeed another story.

But that was true also in Chitown and the Boston area, as well. Chicago was great when the weather was (I guess spring and fall would be the best way to put it) and Boston was ok anytime but winter. Also great towns.

Reaction Score
No slander here cockhrn but you must think we and college players live in caves and only allowed out at game time here in the north. A Breanna Stewart sighting in her own home town..OMG who would think!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
No slander here cockhrn but you must think we and college players live in caves and only allowed out at game time here in the north. A Breanna Stewart sighting in her own home town..OMG who would think!

Even though I'm from up North, that comes as a complete shock to me.

Reaction Score

Some observations after reading post on this Thread---1. Some are very funny. 2. Age does not make anyone honest---honest as a youth-usually (said usually) honest in old age 3. I loved Ct in the winter in HS , walked 3 miles each way to play BB in Town Hall's auditorium in lots of snow, ice skating on middle and lower ponds 4. Taxes and traffic, not weather alone, drove me out of Ct 5 . Travelling, for the Feds, I've been in many cities in their worst weather only TX (really nice people) weather got to me

Reaction Score
Even though I'm from up North, that comes as a complete shock to me.

Which part is shocking?? The part where Connecticut Yankees don't live in caves (REALLY??). Or Stewie is allowed to walk alone in Syracuse?? Did Stewie wear her fur lined outfit when she was out and about!!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Which part is shocking?? The part where Connecticut Yankees don't live in caves (REALLY??). Or Stewie is allowed to walk alone in Syracuse?? Did Stewie wear her fur lined outfit when she was out and about!!

Sarcasm; you should try it some time.

Reaction Score
UCBart, Sackett's Harbor had a military post where US Grant was stationed for a time. Is there still a building or two left from that era?

Reaction Score
All the buildings are still here, actually. I live in the middle of them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hey, my son and his family live next to Syracuse. The one thing I'll say in favor of the place is that the crappy winter weather makes them stir crazy enough to fill every restaurant in the area every weekend night regardless of the weather. They know how to have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom