A Few Observations on Chattanooga WCBB... | The Boneyard

A Few Observations on Chattanooga WCBB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) Head Coach Jim Foster is one of the best in the business. In the Philadelphia days, Foster hired Geno Auriemma as an assistant and a few years later hired Muffet McGraw. This guy clearly knows what he's doing.
I expect UConn to be comfortably ahead by Q3, and I wouldn't be surprised if Geno uncharacteristically take his foot off the gas a bit by subbing more liberally than usual, out of respect for his old mentor/friend. Though Geno's kids always go all out, every play, I expect to see Stewie and Moriah sitting even earlier than usual. This ain't Melanie Balcomb.

2) Chattanooga is a smallish team (starters 6'2", 5'11", 5'10", 5'9", 5'9".) but they stayed close on the boards against a much taller Tennessee (38-30). Most indicative of Chattanooga's toughness, they fell behind by a whopping 19 points in the first quarter, 26-7, yet never stopped fighting, came back, and lost by a single bucket, 59-57. On the road. Impressive.

3) Chattanooga is not a high scoring team- their best scoring game was only 68 points. But they play great defense, giving up an average of just 52 points per game. They also have the experience advantage of having played seven games already, to UConn's three. I don't expect a margin of victory comparable to the first three games- a 20+ point margin against this well-coached, excellent defensive team, however outsized, would be another solid step forward for the Huskies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc