A few observations from practice | The Boneyard

A few observations from practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll keep it brief:

* Nebrich is the # 2 QB based on what I saw today, If I hadn't seen the Spring game I wouldn't see any separation between him and Whitmer. Whitmer probably throws the more consistent tight spiral.

* Kamal Abrams and Jhavon Williams were getting some work in as the Wildcat QB's with Nebrich. Not sure if this tells us anything about McCummings.

*Backeloh has an injury and did not practice. To me he didn't look physically strong enough to really be our back-up center this year. If Backeloh is second string I am third string. Tyler Bullock was working as the back-up center. Rennick Bryan was playing at the guard spot.

* You would never know Jimmy Bennet was coming of an injury based on today's practice.

*Rickey Gutierrez just stands out as a gifted athlete. He looks taller then his 6' foot listing. He saw alot of action in today's practice.

* Joe Williams is known for his "long speed", but he is a big dude for a running back. He should be a physical run you over style of runner at some point in the future.

* Casey Cochran looks heavy compared to Nebrich and Whitmer which surprised me. Nebrich and Whitmer look like they have a hard time putting on weight, Cochran looks like he might end up having a hard time keeping it off. It was good weight though. He looked strong.

* Don Brown sounds like the actor Brian Doyle Murray when he yells. I kept waiting for him to give us the status of Punksotany Phil.

*Zach Rugg was practicing at RT. He and Richard Levy both look like they have a ton of potential. Same with Hemingway.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That's great to hear about Jimmy Bennett and some of the others, especially Nebrich. I hope Nebrich proves me wrong this year (well, I kinda hope he doesn't have to, if Whitmer takes care of business). You know what I mean, though.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That's great to hear about Jimmy Bennett and some of the others, especially Nebrich. I hope Nebrich proves me wrong this year (well, I kinda hope he doesn't have to, if Whitmer takes care of business). You know what I mean, though.
Yeah, me too.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member