A different view point on MCBB and WCBB - smile! | The Boneyard

A different view point on MCBB and WCBB - smile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The next time someone tells me how WCBB just isn't very good and MCBB is so much more competitive, I think my reply will be:
Yeah - what is with those men's college coaches anyway - they get paid the big bucks so why can't they get their teams to play with any consistency? You have these teams with like 5 NBA quality starters and they are losing multiple games every year to teams with basically scrubs that will be lucky to get tryouts for the NBA developmental league or a job somewhere in Turkey or Latvia! Sure the games are competetive, but thats like saying I wish Golden State would play lousy when they play the Lakers and Suns to make the conference more balanced and more exciting! When I watch the men I am reminded of the SEC or the Pac12 - excitement galore because on any given night the good teams are going to struggle to put 40 points on the board and lose to the bottom dwellers. Bad basketball, but competitive - yeah!

:):cool::eek::rolleyes:

Basically just a joke, but there is a small kernel of truth hidden in there. The reason teams with little NBA talent can be competitive with the basketball mills is because they are better coached - not because the coaches are better, but because they have had more years to coach most of their players. And it is one reason why Duke stands out - sure they send some players to the NBA early, but on average they have older teams than most of the other good teams in any given year. It is a formula that has worked at Uconn as well for the men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom