A couple of post-game thoughts. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A couple of post-game thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Another really impressive game. Moriah is just looking like a veteran. Bria Hartley is relentless pushing the basketball and just gliding all over the court. Brianna Banks had some good minutes. Soniya is really looking unreal and unphased by anything. Penn State seamed to play with more heart than Maryland. As far down as they were, they really fought to try and comeback. Md, was tied and almost seam to just fade away with out a fight. and I bet Md has more highly recruited players than Penn State. Coquiese? could just be a really good coach. Penn State really seamed to clog the paint and shut us down in there. We really worked for looks
Now all they need is a director and camera operator that knows how to use the zoom control so we can see the players as if we are courtside and not in the top row of seats!
it was painful!!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maggie played with Caroline, is extremely competitive, and she seems like a nice person. However, I would take Bria over Maggie. Bria not only takes, but makes shots, when the pressure is on. That says a lot about her that she kept on shooting. Bria and Saniya could be a top scoring guard tandem.
Maggie is an incredibly clutch player like we saw in the late yesterday. Problem she currently does not have anyone un-alone 4 options with her on the court to spread the defense.

When she came to Penn State her game was limited largely to a spot up shooter. Today she is fearless going inside against the bigs and while her ball handling was always excellent it is even better. She plays good D and has very quick hands.

Reaction Score
I believe it was Stephanie White that said just before the game started that Maggie Lucas was the best player on the floor:confused:

I like machine gun Maggie, but she definitely wasn't the best player on the floor. What game was Stephanie White watching?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
It was the male announcer and it was right before the tip! I just sat up and said "did he just say that". Wonder what he thinks now after watching Bria eat Penn States lunch at their table!!!

I had the same reaction but that's the kind of nonsense you hear when you have homer announcers.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It was the male announcer and it was right before the tip! I just sat up and said "did he just say that". Wonder what he thinks now after watching Bria eat Penn States lunch at their table!!!

His little mistake was stating that Maggie Lucas was the best player on the floor. His big mistake was saying it loud enough for Bria Hartley to hear what he said.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
On the other hand, I thought his game call was quite good.

Edit add: My sense was he intended to say "on the floor for PSU," but never finished the sentence.

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
All the talent on our team allows all the other talent on the team to look better all the time. It's alot easier for us to shut down one or two talented players than it is for them to shut down our 3-4-5 stars that we have on the court at all times. Soniya is not already better than Maggie Lucas- IMO. Alot of NY Giant benefitted from Lawrence Taylor's double/triple teaming!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On the other hand, I thought his game call was quite good.

Edit add: My sense was he intended to say "on the floor for PSU," but never finished the sentence.
Yeah, didn't seem like that to me Ice but I have no problem with a home town (or home conference) announcer. It's his gig to pump up the B!G team's fans.

One thing that took me by surprise is how quickly Lucas and the PSU players started huffing and puffing. Me thinks UConn's game speed took them by surprise. PSU showed gritty pluckiness in coming back, perhaps even some plucky grittiness.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with the best player comment. Remember, it's the Big 10 network, so they're going to cater to the B1G teams. All announcers favor their listener base's preference. It's partially why so many teams (think orange) are irrational about how good their teams are. They are stuffed full of their own propaganda. It gives them hope and a reason to watch the games.

Besides, Maggie is a great player, and I'm sure, on any given night, she might well be the best player.

Reaction Score
Maggie is an incredibly clutch player like we saw in the late yesterday. Problem she currently does not have anyone un-alone 4 options with her on the court to spread the defense.

When she came to Penn State her game was limited largely to a spot up shooter. Today she is fearless going inside against the bigs and while her ball handling was always excellent it is even better. She plays good D and has very quick hands.

Even at the 5 minute mark I thought Maggie was sucking wind. I thought she would never make it. Can't believe the guts she displayed.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
One thing that took me by surprise is how quickly Lucas and the PSU players started huffing and puffing. Me thinks UConn's game speed took them by surprise. .

It's the Bria (Bob Cousy) push forever effect.
Chasing her down the court, play after play is real discouraging.
She even admitted to being a bit fatigued after her cross country marathon guarding Maggie
And leading 25 or so fast breaks.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Even at the 5 minute mark I thought Maggie was sucking wind. I thought she would never make it. Can't believe the guts she displayed.
She was a bit drained but she really is the Energizer Bunny. She rarely ever stops moving on the floor. Geno understood that because he noted they threw different people at her throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom