Men - #9 UConn v. Seton Hall Pirates @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 5/5/23 @7:30p, Sat. 5/6/23 @4:05p & Sun. 5/7/23 @2:30p) Fri/Sat on UConn+. Sunday game on CW20 | The Boneyard

Men #9 UConn v. Seton Hall Pirates @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 5/5/23 @7:30p, Sat. 5/6/23 @4:05p & Sun. 5/7/23 @2:30p) Fri/Sat on UConn+. Sunday game on CW20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right now this is looking like the first weekend since Big East conference play started that UConn will not have to play a doubleheader. That is a welcome change.

Reaction Score
"Seton Hall (25-19, 7-5 BIG EAST) has won six of its last seven games. The Pirates are just two games back of first and 1.5 GB of the Huskies in the BIG EAST standings. They currently hold the fourth and final spot in the BIG EAST Championship with three weeks left to play. "

Seton Hall's Current RPI = 163

Reaction Score
The Hall won’t be an easy team to sweep, but if we want to stay in the running for hosting a regional and put ourselves in the best position to win the Big East, sweep we must.

The pitching has been better the last few weeks. Let’s hope it can continue.

Reaction Score
The Hall won’t be an easy team to sweep, but if we want to stay in the running for hosting a regional and put ourselves in the best position to win the Big East, sweep we must.

The pitching has been better the last few weeks. Let’s hope it can continue.

Seton Hall indeed won't be an easy team to sweep, while they are not great, they are not bad either. In my mind it is tough to get a 3 game sweep against against almost any team in baseball on any level. This season in the Big East there are 2 pretty poor teams in the league, Villanova and Butler.

You're right, in order to host a regional or finish first in the Big East this regular season, UConn is going to have to keep losses to a minimum. But even if they don't host a regional, they look to be in fine shape at this point to make the NCAA Tournament, and that to me is a big positive. Keep on making that Tournament, and good things are going to happen for UConn Baseball.

Of course, hosting a regional would be certainly a wonderful thing. I remember going to the 2010 regional in Norwich, that was some event.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seton Hall indeed won't be an easy team to sweep, while they are not great, they are not bad either. In my mind it is tough to get a 3 game sweep against against almost any team in baseball on any level. This season in the Big East there are 2 pretty poor teams in the league, Villanova and Butler.

You're right, in order to host a regional or finish first in the Big East this regular season, UConn is going to have to keep losses to a minimum. But even if they don't host a regional, they look to be in fine shape at this point to make the NCAA Tournament, and that to me is a big positive. Keep on making that Tournament, and good things are going to happen for UConn Baseball.

Of course, hosting a regional would be certainly a wonderful thing. I remember going to the 2010 regional in Norwich, that was some event.
The goal of the team coming into the season might have been to make the NCAAs. Given where we are today, that is certainly not the goal at the moment. The goal is a Big East regular season championship (which we control) and hosting a Regional (which we only control to the limited extent that winning games increases the odds).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It may sound selfish but I don't want to lose another game (may be the only way to host a sub-regional) until Omaha.

Having one loss in BET, sub-regional or super-regional would put us too close to elimination

Reaction Score
Hosting a regional would be great and is a healthy expectation for where the program is. Given the to-date pitching of this particular team, ending up a high 2 seed and not playing at LSU or some other SEC-like titan would be solid. Maryland was rough last year - they were good and their crowd was even better. They had no history though, and the better, more seasoned team won.

Reaction Score
I am kind of curious what Andrew Sears draft pedigree looks like right now. His season has been a bit up and down (more up than down, especially lately) but I could see a team falling in love with the power stuff he has as a lefty. It would not surprise me to see him sneak up some draft boards

Reaction Score
Top 1st, with a single and 2 walks Seton Hall loads the bases with 2 outs. Another single brings in 2 runs, 2-0 Seton Hall. Studley throws out a runner at 3B on that play to end the inning.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, UConn offense goes down in order, 2-0 Pirates.

Chris Jones says Ben Huber at this point is expected back probably for the Butler series next weekend.

Reaction Score
Top 2nd, Sears with a scoreless inning after a 2 out single. 2-0 Pirates.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones says Ben Huber at this point is expected back probably for the Butler series next weekend.
Joe D w/ the slip of the tongue and reveals Huber has been down w/ Plantar Fasciitis

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, UConn offense gets 2 runners on base with walks. Hyde with a 2 out RBI single, 2-1 Pirates.

Reaction Score
Top 3rd, Seton Hall puts 2 runners on base with 2 singles with 1 out. A 1 out 3 run homer for Seton Hall, 5-1 Pirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom