8 and 0, what do we know? | The Boneyard

8 and 0, what do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'll start and edit with the input of others. We know:
  • Defending national champs and no evidence of complacency. This team's effort is relentless. #Maturity
  • This team played 4 games in 5 days and its play improved with each game. #Maturity
  • After 2 games the team loses its leading scorer and best perimeter scorer and a key player off the bench. In the face of this adversity, the team goes on the road and beats 2 ranked teams convincingly. #Maturity
  • The team has racked up 178 assists versus only 80 turnovers. #Unselfish #Discipline
  • UConn runs the best half-court offense in the country, hands down. #HardCuts #Unselfish
  • Dolson, Stewart and Stokes are the best frontcourt in the country and it isn't close. Can't wait for KML and Tuck to join them. #Versatile
  • Bria Hartley is on a mission, averaging 14 points, 5.9 assists and only 10 turnovers. No guard in the country attacks the defense in transition like Bria Hartley. #Pride
  • Stef Dolson is the best center in the country, hands down. #Versatile
  • Kiah Stokes is a completely different player this year. #Pride
  • Moriah Jefferson is an absolute pest on defense. #Relentless
  • Breanna Stewart can score from everywhere on the court. #Unguardable
  • Brianna Banks has been aggressive, great on defense, patient on offense, and a spark whenever she's on the court. #Fearless
  • Saniya Chong has great instincts, is a great passer and can hit clutch shots. She has also proved that the recruit ratings services completely missed the boat. #NosurprisetoUConnfans
  • Lin Dunn should spend less time looking at the scoreboard and more time watching how well this team plays the game she loves. #BeautifulBasketball

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great post. I have about zero to add to that! Except to maybe make a comment on Banks - for a kid coming back from an injury, she's been aggressive, great on defense, patient on offense, and a spark whenever she's on the court. #fearless

And Saniya Chong plays nothing like a freshman. #maturity for her too...

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
You didn't even mention Briana Banks or Saniya Chong, two key contributors who have stepped in performed very skillfully. Briana is getting back to her old self, and Saniya is everything the rating services thought she was not.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Great post. I have about zero to add to that! Except to maybe make a comment on Banks - for a kid coming back from an injury, she's been aggressive, great on defense, patient on offense, and a spark whenever she's on the court. #fearless

I agree completely.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'll start. We know:

• [ ]Defending national champs and no evidence of complacency. This team's effort is relentless. #Maturity
    [ ]This team played 4 games in 5 days and its play improved with each game. #Maturity

[ ]After 2 games the team loses its leading scorer and best perimeter scorer and a key player off the bench. In the face of this adversity, the team goes on the road and beats 2 ranked teams convincingly. #Maturity
    [ ]The team has racked up 178 assists versus only 80 turnovers. #Unselfish #Discipline

[ ]UConn runs the best half-court offense in the country, hands down. #HardCuts #Unselfish

[ ]Dolson, Stewart and Stokes are the best frontcourt in the country and it isn't close. Can't wait for KML and Tuck to join them. #Versatile

[ ]Bria Hartley is on a mission, averaging 14 points, 5.9 assists and only 10 turnovers. No guard in the country attacks the defense in transition like Bria Hartley. #Pride
    [ ]Stef Dolson is the best center in the country, hands down. #Versatile
    [ ]Kiah Stokes is a completely different player this year. #Pride
    [ ]Moriah Jefferson is an absolute pest on defense. #Relentless
    [ ]Breanna Stewart can score from everywhere on the court. #Unguardable
    [ ]Lin Dunn should spend less time looking at the scoreboard and more time watching how well this team plays the game she loves. #BeautifulBasketball
and that spells "DHUVPVPRUBB". I love your message but I don't see it catching on as a rallying actonym :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You didn't even mention Briana Banks or Saniya Chong, two key contributors who have stepped in performed very skillfully. Briana is getting back to her old self, and Saniya is everything the rating services thought she was not.

I said it was a start, not an exclusive list. I wanted to leave things for other to add.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Watching them this weekend was like watching a well-oiled machine. Now, since they have already beaten Stanford, Maryland, and Penn State, we have no reason to think that that "machine" shouldn't function similarly against teams like Duke.

Reaction Score
Lynn Dunn is an ass if she thinks Uconn is bad for the game. Maybe she is just jealous that she can not get her teams to play up to the level of Geno's teams. That statement stands for all the coaches like Brenda and Holly who think what Geno does year in and year out is easy or because of better talent. Hell Summit lost her mind when Maya decide she wanted to reach her fullest potential at Uconn and choose Geno and CD to coach her. Not a bad decision in retrospect was it?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Watching them this weekend was like watching a well-oiled machine. Now, since they have already beaten Stanford, Maryland, and Penn State, we have no reason to think that that "machine" shouldn't function similarly against teams like Duke.
modern_times_in_cogs_big.jpg

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I appreciate your observations, Cat, and am thrilled to be able to watch this team this season.

And I'm enjoying folks who want to use Lin Dunn as a kicking post all season, even as they deliberately misread her intent. It's cute.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lynn Dunn is an ass if she thinks Uconn is bad for the game. Maybe she is just jealous that she can not get her teams to play up to the level of Geno's teams. That statement stands for all the coaches like Brenda and Holly who think what Geno does year in and year out is easy or because of better talent. Hell Summit lost her mind when Maya decide she wanted to reach her fullest potential at Uconn and choose Geno and CD to coach her. Not a bad decision in retrospect was it?
I guess I took it differently than some others. She said having one dominant team is bad for wbb. The only reason she singled out UConn is they are the gold standard this year. She never said UConn is bad for wbb. That was a title made by wbfan1 who misrepresented her statement imo.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I appreciate your observations, Cat, and am thrilled to be able to watch this team this season.

And I'm enjoying folks who want to use Lin Dunn as a kicking post all season, even as they deliberately misread her intent. It's cute.
Is there a history between her and UConn?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Two days is hardly all season. Maybe her intent would not be misread if she made it clear. Twitter = an inch deep. Maybe she should write an op ed instead.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Two days is hardly all season. Maybe her intent would not be misread if she made it clear. Twitter = an inch deep. Maybe she should write an op ed instead.
That first tweet was very clear. She wasn't bashing UConn in that tweet. I would argue it was a complement about UConn and a dig on wbb.

And edit: excellent op even with the Dunn inaccuracy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie makes the game look easy. It's ridiculous.

I think we have the best front court, hands down. :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Stewie makes the game look easy. It's ridiculous.

I think we have the best front court, hands down. :)
I think we have the best frontcourt ever and it aint even close. Wait til MTuck gets back.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think we have the best frontcourt ever and it aint even close. Wait til MTuck gets back.
The high low with Stewart to Stef or Stef to Stewie or Stef to Kia is just outstanding.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There was a moment in the first half (actually about 5 minutes), in which the whole team clicked with relentless exactitude.
Outside, inside, a terror on defense and on the boards…it was a thing of beauty and art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom