3pm | The Boneyard

3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So that Yale game is at 3pm on a MONDAY? Very weird.

Reaction Score
Speaking of which, if you check out the men's schedule, all those "untelevised" games some people were freaking out over now say they are being broadcast on SNY.

Reaction Score
Speaking of which, if you check out the men's schedule, all those "untelevised" games some people were freaking out over now say they are being broadcast on SNY.

when do you think the braintrust will put together a schedule I can download into Outlook for this coming Men's season?

Reaction Score
when do you think the braintrust will put together a schedule I can download into Outlook for this coming Men's season?
It's up top, right above the Muscle Milk ad.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

It's a good thing I was freaking out about it...now they are going to be on TV!!! ;)

Reaction Score
The men are the Veteran's Day game "warm up" act. The women play Stanford at the XL that night.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Glad to see SNY still has a good chunk of games, albeit the cup cakes, where as in the past SNY got some conference games as well.

A lot of ESPNU, which was expected. A few CBS Sports Network games which is really the only thing that sucks.

Overall, for not being in the Big East, this schedule has some great opponents and some pretty good exposure. I guess we'll just have to wait to next season to see what happens with SNY/ESPNU/CBS Sports Network on the first full AAC schedule.

Reaction Score
I still hate seeing those ESPNU games listed, but damn....15 games on either ESPN, ESPN2 or CBS... :)

Reaction Score
If you know anything about Excel, CSV files, and the cut and paste function, it's not hard to create an import file.

You seem like part of the braintrust - could you prepare one of these import files for the Yarders???

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you mean by braintrust and I'm not sure how I would upload it onto the site. I can give you a step-by-step though.

1. Download a scheduleand open it in Excel for formatting purposes (I used football). It will download as a CSV file.

2. Highlight and Copy the data table from the basketball schedule and Paste it into the CSV file. It should copy over in the same format (Start Date, Subject, Location and Start time).

3. Unmerge all cells.

4. Add "UConn Men's Basketball" before the "vs." or "at" for each line under the "Subject" heading This is important if you don't just want your calendar to read "vs. Concodia (Ill)" on November 4 (I used the "Concatenate", "Copy", and "Paste Special-Values" functions in Excel for speed, click on the Excel Help Icon if you don't know how to do this...or add it manually.)

5. Delete Football data, if you haven't already, as well as and any rows that have no data. Delete End Time column as well. The goal is to format the data exactly like the schedule originally downloaded.

6. Save as a .CSV file, no matter if some data won't be supported (i.e. the TV icon)

7. Upload (Import) the file to Outlook like you would one of the schedules provided by UConnHuskies dot com.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you mean by braintrust and I'm not sure how I would upload it onto the site. I can give you a step-by-step though.

1. Download a scheduleand open it in Excel for formatting purposes (I used football). It will download as a CSV file.

2. Highlight and Copy the data table from the basketball schedule and Paste it into the CSV file. It should copy over in the same format (Start Date, Subject, Location and Start time).

3. Unmerge all cells.

4. Add "UConn Men's Basketball" before the "vs." or "at" for each line under the "Subject" heading This is important if you don't just want your calendar to read "vs. Concodia (Ill)" on November 4 (I used the "Concatenate", "Copy", and "Paste Special-Values" functions in Excel for speed, click on the Excel Help Icon if you don't know how to do this...or add it manually.)

5. Delete Football data, if you haven't already, as well as and any rows that have no data. Delete End Time column as well. The goal is to format the data exactly like the schedule originally downloaded.

6. Save as a .CSV file, no matter if some data won't be supported (i.e. the TV icon)

7. Upload (Import) the file to Outlook like you would one of the schedules provided by UConnHuskies dot com.

Just attach it here to your post.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just attach it here to your post.

Wait a minute...I do all the work and all you want is the spoils? ;)

Hold on a minute...

Husky25

Reaction Score
I just tried to copy and paste the data for you guys here but it doesn't copy back to Excel appropriately...

Reaction Score
Not to be a doosh, but shouldn't there be commas between the column items?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I just tried to copy and paste the data for you guys here but it doesn't copy back to Excel appropriately...

You have to hit the "Upload a File" button on the bottom of the post you're making.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Doesn't support the file type.
You have to hit the "Upload a File" button on the bottom of the post you're making.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Doesn't support the file type.

Just rename it to .jpg
People just have to rename it once they download it. Just right click and choose save link as and make the extension .xls

Attachments

• test.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 37

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not to be a doosh, but shouldn't there be commas between the column items?

I didn't have to. I copyed this directly to Excel. The schedule appears to be a simple table. Highlight just to the left of "Date", all the way down to just to the right of last "TBD."

Husky25

Reaction Score
Try this.

Attachments

• UConn Basketball Schedule.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 82

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just rename it to .jpg
People just have to rename it once they download it. Just right click and choose save link as and make the extension .xls

Thanks.

Now when you open the file in Excel, it needs to be delimited by the aforementioned commas...then resave.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

Now when you open the file in Excel, it needs to be delimited by the aforementioned commas...then resaved.

As the kids say, you are DA BOMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32