30-22 on the glass. No MSG. | The Boneyard

30-22 on the glass. No MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't remember a team changing their entire constitution quite like this team seems to have.

WOw.

Did I see DEANDRE DANIELS grab several tough, physical rebounds today?!? I mean, we didn't see that all of last year or the beginning of this year. That last rebound to close this game out. Impressive stuff, in a crowd.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What a turn around. So KO gets the kids to play and gets them to improve. He outcoached the experienced coach. For heaven's sake WM, give KO the contract! :)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
give Kevin a pay raise and an extension, NOW :)

good thing Jimmy is such a stubborn old man, he knew what he wanted

Reaction Score
I'm ready to eat my pound of crow as I assume most of you are. I didn't have much hope that they could improve their rebounding like they have the past 2 games. It's a small sample, but encouraging nonetheless. It's amazing what happens when you put a body on someone as the ball goes up compared to just standing there or running to where you think the ball is going. Boxing out is a skill and can be learned no matter your size. Size does matter, but not as much if a player immediately gets their body on their man quickly making them have to go over you to get the ball. In addition to getting some over-the-top calls, they're actually getting most of the RBs the past 2 games. I'm both shocked and proud! I hope they keep it up. If they do, we're going to continue to see a lot of Ws this season. Too bad we can't carry it to the post season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm ready to eat my pound of crow as I assume most of you are. I didn't have much hope that they could improve their rebounding like they have the past 2 games. It's a small sample, but encouraging nonetheless. It's amazing what happens when you put a body on someone as the ball goes up compared to just standing there or running to where you think the ball is going. Boxing out is a skill and can be learned no matter your size. Size does matter, but not as much if a player immediately gets their body on their man quickly making them have to go over you to get the ball. In addition to getting some over-the-top calls, they're actually getting most of the RBs the past 2 games. I'm both shocked and proud! I hope they keep it up. If they do, we're going to continue to see a lot of Ws this season. Too bad we can't carry it to the post season.
Thought KO would get the maximum out of this team but never did I expect the rebounding change to be so drastic.

Reaction Score
good thing Jimmy is such a stubborn old man, he knew what he wanted

Yup, JC really screwed up the program by forcing Ollie in as head coach. I can't believe he thought a guy who had a long NBA career based on his leadership ability would be a good hire.

Reaction Score
DD is going to be a great rebounder.
I believe he is the person on this team with the best shot a being an NBA star
I like to call him the worm.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
When DD rebounds and stays very active, UConn can be Very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom