247Sports Updated Rankings- D-Ham @ #5 | The Boneyard

247Sports Updated Rankings- D-Ham @ #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ahmed Hill's stock seems to be trending down. Oubre up to 17.

Jerry Meyer has predicted we will land AMA.

Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see where the others rank him when they update their rankings in the next couple weeks. Sounds like he should clearly be in a range where he'll be a McDonald's All American. Well unless they pass over him to pick a bunch of Dook and UNC commitments that are ranked in the 50s and lower. :)

Reaction Score
He could very well end up being the highest rated player to ever come to UCONN.

Yep...we're definitely taking a huge step back with the retirement of JC and the new conference affiliation. ;)

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Is DHam (as of now) a one, two, or three year player for UConn?

Reaction Score
He could very well end up being the highest rated player to ever come to UCONN.
;)

He'll have to end up #1, then. Andre Drummond was rated #2.

Corny Thompson, I believe was #2 in some ratings behind Mark Aguirre in '78.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I would be satisfied with AMA, DHam, and Pascal.

Reaction Score
I would be satisfied with AMA, DHam, and Pascal.

That would be a home run.

We need to temper things a bit. One of these kids is going to put UConn on solid footing. just 1. With Purvis and Calhoun already here, and Facey, they just need one more stud.

Reaction Score
That would be a home run.

We need to temper things a bit. One of these kids is going to put UConn on solid footing. just 1. With Purvis and Calhoun already here, and Facey, they just need one more stud.
Why just 1? You do realize we have a bunch of scholarships right?

Reaction Score
Ollie is heavily involved with a lot of top prospects. I don't think it's unrealistic that we pick up 3 or 4 more recruits that are 4 stars or better in this class.

Reaction Score
We are involved with a bunch of kids in the top 50 let alone the top 100, I don't get why we would just want to get 1 more top guy and then 3 more guys outside the top 100, that makes no sense. Role players are always good to have but 2014 is going to be a big haul for us, no reason to settle.

Reaction Score
Why just 1? You do realize we have a bunch of scholarships right?
He's talking about blue chippers John and I agree with him. Outside of Kentucky and UNC it's rare to have a team full of studs. Top kids want playing time to show their skills and get into the league quickly. I think it's realistic to expect one or 2 more top players but 6 more is unrealistic.

If we can add Chukwu or another bigtime big and another top wing, we could fill in the roster with 2 and 3 star kids who are willing to fill a role and realize more significant playing time will come a year or 2 down the road. I think we're all pretty darn happy that we're debating how many MORE frontline players we'll need, having already landed 2 huge ones over the past month.

Reaction Score
I agree we need to fill roles, which I'm confident the staff is doing. Kentucky isn't the recruiting model. how a recruit fits in within the system is just as important as ranking.

Reaction Score
We are involved with a bunch of kids in the top 50 let alone the top 100, I don't get why we would just want to get 1 more top guy and then 3 more guys outside the top 100, that makes no sense. Role players are always good to have but 2014 is going to be a big haul for us, no reason to settle.

Rankings are a little twisted right now. The videos we've seen of Chukwu, Peak and Abu are tantalizing. These kids look lik studs. I don't care where they're ranked. If they land Abu--fantastic! But Facey is here already. I don't think we have a Chukwu here which may mean he's even more valuable for UConn. Peak may be looking at Hamilton, Calhoun and Purvis and wondering. Me, I think we need 4 kids at those 3 positions. Of course he'd fit. But if he doesn't come, I won't be disappointed. It's understandable. Hopefully, then a kid like Carrington can sign on. Then get some developmental types at both PG (which will be a need) and PF.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I notice that they have us involved with Kaleb Joseph, who's moved up the rankings quite a bit. There's been precious little talk of him here, however, and I'm just wondering if his recruitment is a new thing, or an old thing that's fallen off the radar.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Joseph is a fellow New England player. Good be a good point guard prospect.

D

Deleted member 3149

Villanueva and Rudy were both #5 from their classes. Drummond was #2. D-Ham is a big time recruit, and one of the best ever for UConn. Oh by the way, did we mention Kevin Ollie hasn't even been in office for a half a year yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom