24-25 Preseason Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

24-25 Preseason Rankings

Reaction Score
Actually, you weren't right. You were all over the place. Your various preseason rankings (from #1 to #9-16) were before the team lost Caroline, Yana, Azzi and Aubrey. The team made it to the final four.

Paige was an All-American.
I changed my opinion based on new information. I didn’t think Aaliyah made the necessary improvements this offseason what would have made us a true contender. Even with Caroline, Azzi and aubrey we still weren’t in the same league as Nc State. I think ultimately we were around a top 10-top 15 team last year.

Going into next year we have question marks at every position but Paige and even there idk what position she would play. Not sure how you rank a team like that so I just wouldn’t.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I changed my opinion based on new information. I didn’t think Aaliyah made the necessary improvements this offseason what would have made us a true contender. Even with Caroline, Azzi and aubrey we still weren’t in the same league as Nc State. I think ultimately we were around a top 10-top 15 team last year.

Going into next year we have question marks at every position but Paige and even there idk what position she would play. Not sure how you rank a team like that so I just wouldn’t.
If you're going to rank a team anywhere from #1 to #16 I guess you increase your chances of being right. But you changed your opinion from May to June because Aaliyah missed one week of summer camp in June to be with Team Canada. That was your new information. Aaliyah had a terrific season, BTW.

The team made it to the final four and barely missed making it to the championship game. All that with a depleted roster. You weren't right.

BTW. you had Sarah Strong as "a heavy lean to UNC," "headed to Duke," and with "a lot of smoke recently for Tennessee."

Again, all over the place. That's okay but it will be pointed out from time to time.

Reaction Score
If you're going to rank a team anywhere from #1 to #16 I guess you increase your chances of being right. But you changed your opinion from May to June because Aaliyah missed one week of summer camp in June to be with Team Canada. That was your new information. Aaliyah had a terrific season, BTW.

The team made it to the final four and barely missed making it to the championship game. All that with a depleted roster. You weren't right.

BTW. you had Sarah Strong as "a heavy lean to UNC," "headed to Duke," and with "a lot of smoke recently for Tennessee."

Again, all over the place. That's okay but it will be pointed out from time to time.
And my assessment of Aaliyah’s improvement level was correct.

Sure we made the final four but we weren’t a top 4 team at any point this season. Going into next season I have no idea how good or bad we’ll be which is why I think top 10 for them is crazy at this point. I wouldn’t argue with someone that left us out of the top 25 because idk who is starting outside of Paige.

All the things I said about Sarah’s recruitment was what was being reported. Hate the messenger sure but that’s what the word on the street was.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Sure we made the final four but we weren’t a top 4 team at any point this season. Going into next season I have no idea how good or bad we’ll be which is why I think top 10 for them is crazy at this point. I wouldn’t argue with someone that left us out of the top 25 because idk who is starting outside of Paige.

All the things I said about Sarah’s recruitment was what was being reported. Hate the messenger sure but that’s what the word on the street was.
Your assessment on Aaliyah was not correct. Also, you're pretty disrespectful towards Aaliyah considering the load she had to carry this season.

Wait, so now you're saying it's legit not to even rank UConn in the pre-season top 25. Like I said, all over the place. It's hard to keep up from one post to the next.

"reported." LOL. You cited no reports on Strong. There were none. It was all based on social media follows.

My work here is done. No one should take you seriously.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
….
Oh, trust me, most all of us do…. Stop trying so hard, you earned it long ago.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I really like Notre Dame's core, but not sure they are a true contender until they fix the front court.

I'm not sure Koval fixes it in 2024-2025.

Reaction Score
I do think UConn has questions and it's tough to see how all the pieces fit. But I would rank them top 5. I'll wait until May or June to list them out but just thinking in terms of starting fives of some of the top teams, sc (Raven,Paopao,Breezy,Kitts,Watkins), tx(Rori,Holle,Booker,AMo,TJones) ucla(Kiki,Jones,GJaquez,Dugalic,Betts) Notre dame (Hidalgo,Miles,Citron,MWestbeld,KKoval) are all really good. Oregon State should they not be decimated by the portal will be really return 4 of 5 and although tvo was a key piece, they have like 3 returning freshman that could replace her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don’t understand the “idk who’s starting outside of Paige”. Would you not assume that KK and Shade would start… as they did for the last 3/4+ of this season. And if you think they might not start, wouldn’t it have to be bc someone else was healthy/better (ie, Fudd, Ducharme). I agree that there are lots of question marks, but that doesn’t preclude being able to project/guess how those might play out.
Personally, I’d project that they’ll be at least a top 10 team, and barring another year of major injuries - there’s no way they’re out of the top 25.

Reaction Score
"To be the man, you have to beat the man." - Nature Boy Ric Flair. South Carolina is alone at the top on their very own tier. Below them on their own tier is UConn. Everyone else is below that. As it stands right now, there is no chance that the Gamecocks and UConn wont play in the championship game next year. Everyone else is playing for a spot in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Below them on their own tier is UConn. Everyone else is below that. As it stands right now, there is no chance that the Gamecocks and UConn wont play in the championship game next year. Everyone else is playing for a spot in the Final Four.
There are many teams that will be very good.

Reaction Score
Updating grid (but not preseason ranks)

nc2425_0412.jpg

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
I was right about most of that though. Even Paige took until March of 2024 to really step up. You may not like it but I was right.
If UConn had a situation where all the recruits got lost on the way to Storrs, no transfers, walking wounded could not come back. They could still roll with KK at 1, Ash at 2, Q at 3, Paige at 4, Ice at 5 and 2 walk ons from the student section on the bench.

Even this little team would be fun and surprisingly good. Kk and Ash are real solid and Ice and Q with a season of full run would really improve. All the pieces fit right. Even this group would be a top 10 team with about 5 losses due growing pains.

Now this won't happen, but the Huskies have a lot of options next year with good health.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom