2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Pao Pao returning next year!!!!
I think that might be the nail in the coffin for Strong. She is a deadly 3-point shooter also, so it might be too much for her to go that route. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think that might be the nail in the coffin for Strong. She is a deadly 3-point shooter also, so it might be too much for her to go that route. We shall see.
I doubt that. I think Dawn and staff is the reason players choose to come to USC, not so much the depth chart. In this case, Paopao leaving would benefit Lay, Tessa, and Maddy’s potential PT, not so much Strong’s.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I doubt that. I think Dawn and staff is the reason players choose to come to USC, not so much the depth chart. In this case, Paopao leaving would benefit Lay, Tessa, and Maddy’s potential PT, not so much Strong’s.

what's the scholarship situation down there? Any seniors leaving?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I feel pretty confident Kamilla is leaving. I mean I would if I were her, she's projected top 5. PaoPao was kinda all over the place in the projections, so leaving would've been a gamble but so is staying. The safe decision in that situation is to stay in college, so I can't fault her.. plus I'm happy we get another year with her.

Kamilla will likely leave. Sakima will likely stay.

There are no other seniors on the roster.

Reaction Score
A reminder that we only used 11 schoarships this year so we left four on the table. Thus we could have kept everyone added our recruiting class and added Strong. Pretty good eh? lol

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel pretty confident Kamilla is leaving. I mean I would if I were her, she's projected top 5. PaoPao was kinda all over the place in the projections, so leaving would've been a gamble but so is staying. The safe decision in that situation is to stay in college, so I can't fault her.. plus I'm happy we get another year with her.

Maybe Cardoso likes quality bbq, cheap tobacco, and the color royal blue? Grad transfer ???

A reminder that we only used 11 schoarships this year so we left four on the table. Thus we could have kept everyone added our recruiting class and added Strong. Pretty good eh? lol

Ok... didin't know how many players yall had. Seemed like 14-15 players. Decent roster management. I don't like giving out compliments.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Next year:

Super Seniors
6'5" Walker - C
5'9" PaoPao - PG

Seniors
6'3" Feagin - PF/SF
6'0" Hall - SF

Juniors
5'9" Johnson - PG
6'2" Kitts - PF
6'3" Watkins - PF

Sophomores
6'0" T. Johnson - G
5'10" Fulwiley - PG/G
6'0" Jah - SF

Freshman
6'3" Edwards - PF
6'5" Tac - C
5'9" McDaniel - PG

Would be a pretty well balanced team with a lethal backcourt and an athletic frontcourt.
4 - point guards
3 - wings
4 - power forwards
2 - centers

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Next year:

Super Seniors
6'5" Walker - C
5'9" PaoPao - PG

Seniors
6'3" Feagin - PF/SF
6'0" Hall - SF

Juniors
5'9" Johnson - PG
6'2" Kitts - PF
6'3" Watkins - PF

Sophomores
6'0" T. Johnson - G
5'10" Fulwiley - PG/G
6'0" Jah - SF

Freshman
6'3" Edwards - PF
6'5" Tac - C
5'9" McDaniel - PG

Would be a pretty well balanced team with a lethal backcourt and an athletic frontcourt.
4 - point guards
3 - wings
4 - power forwards
2 - centers

Not a bad group of players. Yall have potential next season. I was gonna talk some junk, but I will wait until the offseason. Plus I don't want to be rude in this thread.

Reaction Score
I’m of the mindset that IDK whether this team is great or not. All I know is we’ve played a challenging schedule and found a way to win every single game. If the refs are calling tight (today) we figure it out. If the refs are letting everything go, we figure it out. If we have to win shooting 3s, we do. If we have to grind it out inside, we do. This team is really young and every day is a first for them. LSU passes ALL the eye tests, but have lost multiple games. Whatever this team does in the post season is a plus because nobody, I mean NOBODY, thought this team would be where it is.
Bravo

Reaction Score
And that’s the beauty of having a balanced team. Congrats on your team’s success!

PS: This UConn fan did. And I also remember posting that SCAR would be good, so I didn’t understand why they were ranked that low (6th, maybe) at the beginning of the season.
nm

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe Cardoso likes quality bbq, cheap tobacco, and the color royal blue? Grad transfer ???

Ok... didin't know how many players yall had. Seemed like 14-15 players. Decent roster management. I don't like giving out compliments.
You never need to. No quarters and all.

Reaction Score
Next year:

Super Seniors
6'5" Walker - C
5'9" PaoPao - PG

Seniors
6'3" Feagin - PF/SF
6'0" Hall - SF

Juniors
5'9" Johnson - PG
6'2" Kitts - PF
6'3" Watkins - PF

Sophomores
6'0" T. Johnson - G
5'10" Fulwiley - PG/G
6'0" Jah - SF

Freshman
6'3" Edwards - PF
6'5" Tac - C
5'9" McDaniel - PG

4 - point guards
3 - wings
4 - power forwards
2 - centers
Not sure Jah will be back. She is a W/SF which is the position Strong wants to play in college. Here's hoping Strong decides to be a Gamecock!!!

Reaction Score
Not a bad group of players. Yall have potential next season. I was gonna talk some junk, but I will wait until the offseason. Plus I don't want to be rude in this thread.
Not a bad group of players???????? It's a heck of group of players!!!!!!

Y'all have potential next season. Are you saying it's unrealistic that we won't be the #1 team next year?

I don't know what kind of "junk" you can talk or has to wait till the off-season. The Gamecocks have taken care of business while Duke, well got smacked by a mediocre UNC squad the other night.

Rude? Rude is just what this post you've made is all about. You need to get REAL not crude!!!!!

I love you anyway!!!:rolleyes:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm ecstatic that Pao Pao is coming back; she's had a tremendously positive impact on the team. I don't think it affects Strong's decision as she would likely play the 3. Also, having multiple great shooters makes it easier on each other because teams can't double anyone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not a bad group of players???????? It's a heck of group of players!!!!!!

Y'all have potential next season. Are you saying it's unrealistic that we won't be the #1 team next year?

I don't know what kind of "junk" you can talk or has to wait till the off-season. The Gamecocks have taken care of business while Duke, well got smacked by a mediocre UNC squad the other night.

Rude? Rude is just what this post you've made is all about. You need to get REAL not crude!!!!!

I love you anyway!!!:rolleyes:

Just flocking with yall. No feathers were meant to be ruffled.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Some Gamecock adjacent news, Ty Harris’ sister Talia has committed to Mercer.

Good for her. Been following her since forever it seems.

Reaction Score
Next year:

Super Seniors
6'5" Walker - C
5'9" PaoPao - PG

Seniors
6'3" Feagin - PF/SF
6'0" Hall - SF

Juniors
5'9" Johnson - PG
6'2" Kitts - PF
6'3" Watkins - PF

Sophomores
6'0" T. Johnson - G
5'10" Fulwiley - PG/G
6'0" Jah - SF

Freshman
6'3" Edwards - PF
6'5" Tac - C
5'9" McDaniel - PG

4 - point guards
3 - wings
4 - power forwards
2 - centers
Feagin and Hall seniors next season. Man, that feels quick. I get why, but it still does to me.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Outsider-Looking-in- Question? Is PaoPao staying a bit of a surprise? I thought she'd wait to see how the NCAA's went and that might help her with a decision.

I just got off a late(r) 1st-round projection with guards like Georgia Amoore, Charisma Osborne and Jacy Sheldon listed, as well as two of the Aussie prospects (one a forward, one a guard). From an individual perspective, I think PaoPao -- with a well-rounded skill set, leadership and a killer three-pointer, would be natural for this year.

Does Down advise a little, a lot on these? Maybe she thought another year would behoove her.

Genuinely interested. Thanks for whatever insights from those who have insight into S. Carolina program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom