2023/2024 European soccer season on TV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023/2024 European soccer season on TV

Reaction Score
This morning ESPN+

I’m assuming strong lineups out there…those come out about an hour before.

IMG_3217.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m watching Wrexham play Shrewsbury Town in the FA cup. 0-0 at half. After promotion to League 2, Wrexham sits 3rd in the table and could jump to League 1 next season. Pretty impressive stuff. Love rooting for those guys.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m watching Wrexham play Shrewsbury Town in the FA cup. 0-0 at half. After promotion to League 2, Wrexham sits 3rd in the table and could jump to League 1 next season. Pretty impressive stuff. Love rooting for those guys.
It was heck of a game. Nailbiting last 10 minutes.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
After watching three Italian teams lose in the finals of the three European championships last year, it was fantastic to see Atalanta beat Bayer Leverkusen in the Europa Cup today. Atalanta have been so much fun to watch the last several years despite the talent they've lost to transfers. Before today, no player ever had a hat trick in the Europa Cup final. Atalanta's Ademola Lookman took care of that distinction. I had hoped they would have won Coppa Italia last week, but this victory was flipping awesome.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
After watching three Italian teams lose in the finals of the three European championships last year, it was fantastic to see Atalanta beat Bayer Leverkusen in the Europa Cup today. Atalanta have been so much fun to watch the last several years despite the talent they've lost to transfers. Before today, no player ever had a hat trick in the Europa Cup final. Atalanta's Ademola Lookman took care of that distinction. I had hoped they would have won Coppa Italia last week, but this victory was flipping awesome.
As a Juventus and Serie A fan I am pleased with the result as there is a real possibility that Serie A will have six teams in the new Champions League next year.

If Juventus and Bologna win their last game, and Atalanta fails to win both of their final games, Atalanta will finish fifth but will qualify for the Champions League via winning the Europa League. Roma, in sixth, will get the extra coefficient spot.

Also, Italy are now the 2nd ranked league in Europe (and by default, the world) and are making a charge for the Premier League.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
As a Juve fan I am just happy to see Allegri gone. Hopefully Motta will bring some creativity back to the pitch.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
As a Juve fan I am just happy to see Allegri gone. Hopefully Motta will bring some creativity back to the pitch.
As much as Allegri was a clown, he did win a trophy and qualify us for all four major competitions next year (Champions League, Serie A, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italia). He needed to go but he did help us out at the end. We have a fresh slate with everything to play for.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
My two main teams are Juventus and AC Milan, taking both on after my father and uncles. I could not stand the way Juventus played under Allegri era 2. That Andrea Pirlo was dismissed after a good sesson for Allegri was nucking futs. So I'm glad Allegri got sacked. Motta really revived Bologna, and I hope he can sustain his success. Truth be told I'd rather see him stay at Bologna to keep them towards the top.

As for Serie A being the #2 league in Europe, I'm happy for that, but the economics of it isn't sustainable. Hell, even Napoli's owner, Aurelio De Laurentiis, told Italian media recently that he wants the government to reduce the number of clubs in Serie A. It's garbage talk as I think 20 teams in the top flight is good. Monza are the most Italian club in terms of homegrown players, but they are sort of outliers compared to the top teams. My family's local Serie B squad that I also follow is basically all Italian. Once teams ascend, they seemingly lose home players. Somehow the analogous farm system in Italy isn't as robust as in Spain.

Success is measured in Cups and international competition...before Atalanta yesterday, and the Euros in 2021, it was a long time since "foreign" clubs feared Italian teams. Much as I utterly hate Inter Milan, I wished they won last year's Champion's League. At least now they are rid of their broke Chinese owners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom