2022 UConn Football Commit - Derek Spearman Jr. (Cornelius, North Carolina) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Derek Spearman Jr. (Cornelius, North Carolina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The pessimist in me says this is only proof that Mora wasn't able to bend the academic standards ;)

Reaction Score
Legimate (I think) question....

Why would you pick UCONN with offers in hand from Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Princeton and Yale? And if you really wanted to give football a shot as a profession......The 'U'? I mean I suppose the Miami offer came pre-Cristobal, so I kind of get that one. But dude.....FIVE Ivies???? I mean.....wow. I don't think I would have gone the same way. I would have been tearing myself up over choosing between Columbia/Dartmouth/Yale/Princeton(!)...but to each their own I guess.

And I mean it's not like it's totally impossible to make it to the next level out of an FCS institution; it certainly will write you a ticket to a front office role (Andrew Berry in Cleveland is an excellent example).

Reaction Score
Legimate (I think) question....

Why would you pick UCONN with offers in hand from Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Princeton and Yale? And if you really wanted to give football a shot as a profession......The 'U'? I mean I suppose the Miami offer came pre-Cristobal, so I kind of get that one. But dude.....FIVE Ivies???? I mean.....wow. I don't think I would have gone the same way. I would have been tearing myself up over choosing between Columbia/Dartmouth/Yale/Princeton(!)...but to each their own I guess.

And I mean it's not like it's totally impossible to make it to the next level out of an FCS institution; it certainly will write you a ticket to a front office role (Andrew Berry in Cleveland is an excellent example).
And you're a fan of WHICH college team?!? :confused:

Did you ever consider that he might really like the idea that he can attend a top public university that also happens to have a great football coaching staff that is quickly transforming this into a fast-rising program?

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With the headline that he is from Cornelius, NC., I missed that Loomis Chaffee high is located seven miles north of Hartford in Windsor.

With an annual tuition of $63,000 for boarders ($47,000 day students)...this school is pricey.

In a sense, he is a local kid.

Reaction Score
With the headline that he is from Cornelius, NC., I missed that Loomis Chaffee high is located seven miles north of Hartford in Windsor.

With an annual tuition of $63,000 for boarders ($47,000 day students)...this school is pricey.

No he's a CT prep player. CT preps bring in alot of kids from all over the country, have post grads and put out a decent amount of D-1 kids. A school like Windsor HS ( public, same town), which I went to, goes to grade 12, though we've put 6 kids in the NFL in the last decade or so.

Reaction Score

the answer is obvious

The parents of the Prep football focused New England programs are not paying that tuition. There are more in Connecticut than the other states (Massachusetts #2; New Hampshire & Maine) + NJ & NY. Football has been far more pushed in the last handful of years than decades before. And yes ... they come from all over the eastern region. Unlike our HS's, they have college sized kids and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom