2018 Roster Changes Confirmed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Roster Changes Confirmed

Reaction Score
Geez.. That's a ton of players leaving.. How do we fill the roster when there's only 25 schollies available per recruting year??? There's gotta be a transfer or two or three or four (or five?) heading here , via JUCO/GS??? that's just too many to leave all at once. We need the competition in practice at the very least...

Reaction Score
I reviewed the 2017 roster of scholly players and came up with 12 scholly kids that won't be back:
1) Brayden Brown
2) J. Vickers
3) Donovan Williams
4) Brian Coney
5) J. Rob IV
6) A. Garland
7) N. Zecchino
8) C. Britton ( huge loss IMO )
9) Anthony Watkins (participated on SR day festivities)
10) Sheridan Lawley
11) Jason Thompson
12) Dan Oak ( he participated in SR day festivities )

Others (PWO's) not coming back:
B. Westmark
C. Jean- Pierre

You couple all of these loses with the other 14 SRs that are leaving that's 26 spots, scholly spots (28 in all) to replace.. IIRC we didn't fill all the alotted schollies last year either... So, technically, could we potentially be seeing in upwards of 30 new faces on this team, under scholarship, by the start of next season?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I reviewed the roster 2017 of scholly players and came up with 12 scholly kids that won't be back:
1) Brayden Brown
2) J. Vickers
3) Donovan Williams
4) Brian Coney
5) J. Rob IV
6) A. Garland
7) N. Zecchino
8) C. Britton ( huge loss IMO)
9) Anthony Watkins
10) Sheridan Lawley
11) Jason Thompson
12) Dan Oak ( he participated in SR day festivities )

Others (PWO's) not coming back:
B. Westmark
C. Jean- Pierre

You couple all of these loses with the other 14 SRs that are leaving that's 26 spots, scholly spots (28 in all) to replace.. IIRC we didn't fill all the alotted schollies last year either... So, technically, could we potentially be seeing in upwards of 30 new faces on this team, under scholarship, by the start of next season?

Williams is back. The transfer talk sounds like it was a mistake, or at least that it was rescinded...

Reaction Score
So now that leaves us with 11 scholly players from 2017 that won't be here now that Donovan Williams confirmed he's back:

1) Brayden Brown
2) J. Vickers
3) Brian Coney
4) J. Rob IV
5) A. Garland
6) N. Zecchino
7) C. Britton ( huge loss IMO )
8) Anthony Watkins (participated on SR day festivities)
9) Sheridan Lawley
10) Jason Thompson
11) Dan Oak ( he participated in SR day festivities )

I can still see in upwards of 30 new scholly kids at the start of 2018.. anybody else?

Reaction Score
Edsall was very complimentary on Brayden Brown - have to think this was a move to be close to home for him.

Me not happy. And not disputing the strength issue or the specific importance of bench press numbers, but with more DB's and less linemen those numbers might not be going back where they were. But we'll see.

Reaction Score
Me not happy.

I tried to find some info as to a possible reason. I did see that he was away for a family matter before the cincy game. Wonder if he wants to be closer to home. Coaching staff seemed to be really high on him. Bummer.

Reaction Score
I tried to find some info as to a possible reason. I did see that he was away for a family matter before the cincy game. Wonder if he wants to be closer to home. Coaching staff seemed to be really high on him. Bummer.

I was high on him before he ever saw the field. Good looking athlete who could judge passes well with good hands and decent speed. I'm sure he'll be wanted if football is in his future.

Reaction Score
The number is a bit concerning but RS seniors often decide to move on with life, especially if they are not likely to be regulars, Brown is a loss but not irreplaceable in any sense and the rest were probably at best backups.

Hard to imagine the lack of strength after all Bobs talk about conditioning and how his teams won the heck out of breakfast.

Reaction Score
Wow, we all kind of knew this from the eye test, but seeing it on paper is pretty sobering.
To put the 40' times into perspective, one of the high schools I follow had 3 kids run a sub 4.64 and they finished under .500 in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
So now that leaves us with 11 scholly players from 2017 that won't be here now that Donovan Williams confirmed he's back:

1) Brayden Brown
2) J. Vickers
3) Brian Coney
4) J. Rob IV
5) A. Garland
6) N. Zecchino
7) C. Britton ( huge loss IMO )
8) Anthony Watkins (participated on SR day festivities)
9) Sheridan Lawley
10) Jason Thompson
11) Dan Oak ( he participated in SR day festivities )

I can still see in upwards of 30 new scholly kids at the start of 2018.. anybody else?

Might be another one or two leaving...that’s what I’m hearing

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is so bad it's almost hard to believe...What was BD doing?
Planning rivalries?
CQzm50bW8AAH-k7.png:large

Reaction Score
Everyone still in love with Balis?
He had a good rep. I just think Diaco recruited guys with a lot of limits. A bunch of guys 6'5" 250 with offers from Bucknel, Lehigh, Lafayette and Wagner

I still believe P recruited light years better and we are due for one more really rough year on the field it may be worst than this past year. Can't see who replaces the production of Ormsby and Luke.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He had a good rep. I just think Diaco recruited guys with a lot of limits. A bunch of guys 6'5" 250 with offers from Bucknel, Lehigh, Lafayette and Wagner

I still believe P recruited light years better and we are due for one more really rough year on the field it may be worst than this past year. Can't see who replaces the production of Ormsby and Luke.

Two-deep at DE for the spring looks to be Okounam and Freeborn starting with Atkins and Garson behind them. I'm not going to pass comment.

Reaction Score
I think we really saw the lack of speed in the front 7. I think the secondary was fine speed wise, they just couldn’t cover or tackle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom