2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 103 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I look at Rayam I see Lawrence Wilson. I look at Woodson I see Lindsey Whitten. What is laughable about that?

Bird in the hand ... we actually got solid kids to play at the Rent. We will again. None of these kids are a must. Maybe Krajewski can be Orlovsky. But what we just learned, along with the mistakes of PP and BD, is we need depth of a bunch. WE do know the Lawrence Wilson and Lindsey Witten stories ... both are eminently repeatable.

Reaction Score
Bird in the hand ... we actually got solid kids to play at the Rent. We will again. None of these kids are a must. Maybe Krajewski can be Orlovsky. But what we just learned, along with the mistakes of PP and BD, is we need depth of a bunch. WE do know the Lawrence Wilson and Lindsey Witten stories ... both are eminently repeatable.
Okay, so why was it laughable?

We have to win some of these head to head recruiting battles no?

Reaction Score
I agree with the bird in the hand. I think Edsall did a great job with bringing in the talent both players and coaches. Now it’s time to finish out tomorrow and then develop.
Hopefully the kids who are enrolling in the summer are working their tails off now.
I’m sure the players who are on campus now are working hard.

Reaction Score
Okay, so why was it laughable?

We have to win some of these head to head recruiting battles no?
We have to win some games. We have got to get back to a bowl. And this is the group that has to do it. If they do, success will help build success.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Haynes is committing to us tonight along with a Defense line player.. that’s 2 more commits!

Reaction Score
Nice. I guess the only Q left is whether TRich has one or 2 FL kids in witness protection

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still, think we have a surprise or two with a lineman and maybe another defensive back.

Reaction Score
Gonna wait till it comes across officially in morning...
>>DeVaughn will sign with UConn on Wednesday, less than a week after visiting the campus for the first time.<<
"Prestonwood defensive lineman Pierce DeVaughn's father always told him picking a college was a 40-year decision, not a four-year one. ... DeVaughn spent most of the past few months with a pretty clear path: he would sign to play college football at Montana State. Then on Jan. 30, Connecticut offered him a scholarship. He'd talked with UConn over the previous few weeks, but hadn't done much research."

Sound advice, great pick!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As for finding a replacement for Rayam, I see Luke Knox got a late offer and committed today to Old Miss where his brother had turned a walk on opportunity to starter at TE. Luke has offers from Princeton, Chattanooga and Air Force.

And MLB Chris Arlington from Mechanicsburg PA committed to Rhode Island after a visit last week.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Jalen Scott - Irvington NJ DT has not announced anything yet today. He was choosing between Buffalo and Umass - but Uconn May had reentered the conversation - don’t know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom