2017 Yankees thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
So many things which can change way too early but they are fun to watch. CC looks awful so that's not good and the pitching staff is still a huge question mark so a long season will eventually take a toll on that if they don't make any moves. Not sure how long you keep Glyber down he's a stud in the making. Sanchez came back looking like he did end of the year last year, he still has a weakness for off speed breaking balls and unlike Judge has a tough time keeping the hands back thinking about hitting it to right. Eventually he will come around too good a hitter. Judge certainly won't keep the pace but what I love is watching him adjust to ML pitching he seems to have the knack to be a solid hitter average wise for a power hitter, but again we will see. Long season but so far much better than expected.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I saw the highlight of Gardner's homer and it was great too see his show emotion.

Right now there is no need for Gleyber and Torreyes has shown he can fill in for Didi if needed. It's all on Chase. But Gleyber, who just had a great week with the bat, still has AAA ahead of him.

Reaction Score
I saw the highlight of Gardner's homer and it was great too see his show emotion.

Right now there is no need for Gleyber and Torreyes has shown he can fill in for Didi if needed. It's all on Chase. But Gleyber, who just had a great week with the bat, still has AAA ahead of him.

Headley has been solid, would have said let the kid grow in the game and please leave Headley to move on. Give him credit solid start (tried to blow the game missing that one hopper yesterday in the 9th) and if he keeps it up I agree, no need.

Reaction Score
No need to rush kids up to the majors or make any panic decisions on any trades, just stay the course, and stay patient. Last thing Cashman should do is cater to the media and the fans. Its a lot of fun watching this team, checking out the lineups every day, and seeing whats going on the the minors, having that unknown factor with this team makes it more fun to watch I can live with the end result of this season, I dont look at the season as boom or bust I'm just enjoying the moment.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"It's raining wins!! Allelujah!!!""

Reaction Score
Well Chapman just blew a great start by Luis Severino. On his 110 pitch he was still hitting 98 mph. A three run lead and you can hit 105, just throw it down the middle Chapman.

Reaction Score
Ugh Chapman, should have had Clippard pitch to Rizzo.

Reaction Score
This is crazy running out of options, I guess if it goes longer you could bring in CC and have him hit as well, and you skip his next start and call someone up to make 1 start.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Play two, get one win; obviously better than the alternative.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sucks to be the Cubs. They play in Colorado tonight. Late night...then lose an hour...mile high, too.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Sucks to be the Cubs. They play in Colorado tonight. Late night...then lose an hour...mile high, too.
Actually they gained an hour, it was the Yankees who lost the hour going South and East to Cincinnati. But it doesn't have much affect so far... 4 in the first two innings?!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Oh no 0-3 streak, Luis, save us!

Reaction Score
Oh no 0-3 streak, Luis, save us!

As I was afraid of they will need to retool after others learn of their weaknesses. As you can see guys who change speeds effectively will take the bats away from the kids for now, but I am pretty confident they will eventually adjust. I like Judge because he doesn't mind hitting the ball to RF and Sanchez too. They swing at too many bad pitches (Judge only recently) but again, Kuechel does this to everyone and McCullers is getting it now too. Love to see them fight back and win the next 2 will be interesting. One thing that may need to happen sooner rather than later, Headley off to a great start for the firs couple weeks and now is back to himself. Sorry but he's missed out on way too many AB's with people in scoring position since the first 2 weeks when he had 11 RBI and now has 12. He's in a nice position in the lineup to knock in runs and to me he is not the answer. Bring the kid up, what wait?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
So Tanaka-san loses a game and it's a good thing.

It's Sterling-esque in that one never can figure out baseball. Still being this good, so far, is a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
So Tanaka-san loses a game and it's a good thing.

It's Sterling-esque in that one never can figure out baseball. Still being this good, so far, is a pleasant surprise.

Their bats are getting weary but I still like the line up. The one guy hanging in there and above .300 is Judge and that's impressive. CC amazes me thought he was done and then 2-3 solid starts in a row again. That's all you can ask from a 5th starter. I will say if Headley gets below the Mendoza line which he is plummeting to, they need to think about Torres and making the kid a man now. Why not? If you can hit you can hit, and Chase is dreadful again after a torrid first couple weeks. 3 for about his last 35 or more and his glove isn't the same. Make the move.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to feel about Chris Carter's 41 home runs like I felt about Denham Brown's 100 point game. Cool story the first dozen times you hear it, but then you start to wonder if you're watching the same guy.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to feel about Chris Carter's 41 home runs like I felt about Denham Brown's 100 point game. Cool story the first dozen times you hear it, but then you start to wonder if you're watching the same guy.

Chris Carter is closer to Antric Klaiber but I get your jift.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Chance Adams is dealing again tonight in Rochester. 5 innings yielding 1 hit with 7 Ks. (unfortunately his opponent Nik Turley has 15 Ks through 6. [had 14ks on 4/25]).

Meanwhile No Mas Tanaka is not helping the Yankees much at all.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Red Sox win,
Thaaaaaaaaa Red Sox winnnnnn!

Reaction Score
The Red Sox win,
Thaaaaaaaaa Red Sox winnnnnn!

really nomar? no one even came here when the Yanks took the first 2 but someone had to get this going again I guess, might as well be you huh?:eek:

Actually the funny thing is you should be disappointed. First team in a while to let Tanaka out of the 3rd inning. Your bullpen was good, your hitters were stupid as all hell, can't believe how many high "strikes" they swung at quite honestly. Good game but really not much fun when the bullpens took over as both were really good.

Reaction Score
really nomar? no one even came here when the Yanks took the first 2 but someone had to get this going again I guess, might as well be you huh?:eek:

Actually the funny thing is you should be disappointed. First team in a while to let Tanaka out of the 3rd inning. Your bullpen was good, your hitters were stupid as all hell, can't believe how many high "strikes" they swung at quite honestly. Good game but really not much fun when the bullpens took over as both were really good.
Yeah, pretty funny. Tanaka has a bad night, the Yankees almost come back and make Kimbrel throw 30 pitches, and then take the next two like candy from a baby.

And all this with STILL not a thing from the 1B position and not much outta 3B since April. Greg Bird is probably a week away and Torres at 3B is probably a month or two away. May see Chance pitch in Tanaka's spot this Sunday to give him the extra day of rest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom