2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 59 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they view Brouse as a DL guy, then they must really think highly of Peart/Oak and Crozier. I sure would like a true OT prospect to replace Lonsdorf.
Agreed. would be nice to get another true OL..

Reaction Score
BrianDohnScout10:58pm via Twitter Web Client
OT Lucas Niang is back from #MiamiOV & ready to decide #TCU #Auburn
http://www.scout.com/college/footba...5-lucas-niang-near-decision-after-miami-visit

>>Lucas Niang is done with his official visits, and now the New Canaan (Conn.) High offensive tackle will choose either Miami, Auburn or TCU in the coming days.<<

>>When Niang made an unofficial visit to Miami in the spring, former coach Al Golden was in charge. But even with the change in staff and Mark Richt trying to build the program, Niang said he felt at home>>.
...Niang already made official visits to TCU and Auburn, but this was his first time he met up and spent a lot of time with the Miami coaches, and that was a center piece of his visit.>>

LucasNiang74 2:35pm via Twitter for iPhone
#GoFrogs #TCU
04.jpg

http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/1/25/...e-tackle-recruit-lucas-niang-commits-to-frogs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wish the kid luck in his college career. As much as it sucks he isn't going to Storrs...that was a pipe dream by most of us here. No way in hell a kid coached by Lou Marinelli is gonna sign with UConn. It was nice to see a kid that plays for Lou's son John stick it to Lou's other good buddy earlier today.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wish the kid luck in his college career. As much as it sucks he isn't going to Storrs...that was a pipe dream by most of us here. No way in hell a kid coached by Lou Marinelli is gonna sign with UConn. It was nice to see though a kid that plays for Lou's son John stick it to Lou's other good buddy earlier today.
If Lou Marinelli is allowed to have a senseless bias against UConn, then I reserve the right to feel at most ambivalent toward any and all of his products. He is a trusted figure in shaping the path of young men's lives, and it is a shame that he seemingly uses his players as pawns in his game of "F*_k UConn" because Warde Manuel had the gall to fire incompetent employees who also happen to be his friends.

Reaction Score
If Lou Marinelli is allowed to have a senseless bias against UConn, then I reserve the right to feel at most ambivalent toward any and all of his products. He is a trusted figure in shaping the path of young men's lives, and it is a shame that he seemingly uses his players as pawns in his game of "F*_k UConn" because Warde Manuel had the gall to fire incompetent employees who also happen to be his friends.
Very good point.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I will be happy when coach Marinelli retires and takes his hatred for UConn with him.

Reaction Score

FenceTheGarden 5:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
Immaculata football star Mike Lonsdorf de-commits from UConn, will take OV to #Rutgers...
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...s-uconn-make-official-rutgers-visit/79312056/

>>Lonsdorf has also received a scholarship offer from Purdue, Falato said, but it does not appear that the 6-foot-7, 270-pound senior will pay the Boilermakers an official visit. “They came in last week and called him this morning,” Falato said of Purdue, adding that Lonsdorf’s interest in Rutgers is “very high.”

“Initially, we were really interested in Rutgers,” Falato said. “When that didn’t work out, UConn came on. I know it mean a lot to (Lonsdorf) to play in front of his family and friends and to represent the state. That’s very important to him. That’s just the kind of guy he is.”<<

Reaction Score
FenceTheGarden 5:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
Immaculata football star Mike Lonsdorf de-commits from UConn, will take OV to #Rutgers...
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...s-uconn-make-official-rutgers-visit/79312056/

>>Lonsdorf has also received a scholarship offer from Purdue, Falato said, but it does not appear that the 6-foot-7, 270-pound senior will pay the Boilermakers an official visit. “They came in last week and called him this morning,” Falato said of Purdue, adding that Lonsdorf’s interest in Rutgers is “very high.”

“Initially, we were really interested in Rutgers,” Falato said. “When that didn’t work out, UConn came on. I know it mean a lot to (Lonsdorf) to play in front of his family and friends and to represent the state. That’s very important to him. That’s just the kind of guy he is.”<<
You really can't fault a kid for taking a offer he always wanted. Hopefully it will work out for him.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I missed this obviously, whats the back story?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I missed this obviously, whats the back story?

Ever since UConn fired his buddy Pasqualoni and before that with Randy Edsall. His hatred has continued and he thinks UConn is small time and pushes his players elsewhere and always has.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Ever since UConn fired his buddy Pasqualoni and before that with Randy Edsall. His hatred has continued and he thinks UConn is small time and pushes his players elsewhere and always has.
ah thanks for the background on this salty fellow

Reaction Score
We can't fault a kid for having a dream but you have to wonder about the kid if that dream is Rutgers.
I think there is something noble about it. Think about this, we encourage kids to believe that if they work hard and believe in themselves they can accomplish anything. It's rare for a kid to stand up, look that positivity and encouragement in the face and say, "no, I'm going to Rutgers."

Reaction Score
We can't fault a kid for having a dream but you have to wonder about the kid if that dream is Rutgers.
I know you're joking, but there is something noble about a kid growing up wanting to rep their state school, no matter how sheety that cool is or how uncool to go there it must seem to others that you would want to go there.

UConn is getting there. Tyler Coyle had Jasen Rose both had offers to pick from and chose State U. I believe Dixon had other offers as well.

I'd say the difference is RU used Lonsdorf as a plan C type, but they did just have a coaching change. Good luck to him. Next.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
KJ Gray announces today at 730. Seems like he is Rutgers bound. Watching his HUDL tape, he does look a bit more like a CB, than WR. He would be a great surprise.

Reaction Score

There really can't be a worse group of people that the "deans" of CT high school football coaches. First, they wouldn't give Edsall the time of day in the early 2000s. Then when Edsall got the program competitive in spite of them the old-time coaches tried to cozy up to him and Edsall, to his discredit, shut them out. Then they managed to talk a weak athletic director into hiring their equally-over-the-hill buddy who very nearly killed the program. Great talent in Fairfield County, can't wait for some of these old-timers to retire. too bad the kids are caught in the crossfire.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Then they managed to talk a weak athletic director into hiring their equally-over-the-hill buddy who very nearly killed the program...
against the recommendation and request not to hire PP, by a very large donor (Mr. Burton) who not only has $$$ but some football acumen. It seems from afar the AD listened to CT FB HS Coaches Association more than the donor. Not saying the donor should have input or shouldn't have input, but when the story gets out there was something amiss.

Reaction Score
Article about Erik Swenson's current situation as it stands: http://m.mysuburbanlife.com/2016/01...earching-for-new-college-scholarship/a7edynl/

Would it be crazy for UConn to at least take a stab at this kid, especially with a new scholly opening?
be careful bro... that type of speculation in these parts make a lot of folks think you are delusional... but I certainly like your thinking. You think like what we are a FBS school that is on the cusp of a being P5. We should at least take a stab at recruits that are highly touted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom