Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
LINK

11816085.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's an interesting thing that great WCBB teams have not only great head coaches, but often great and legendary assoc. head coaches as well. I don't think (I don't follow, so I don't know for sure) that men's CBB has the same phenomenon. Maybe in the women's game, the assoc. head coaches are paid well relative to the head coaches (that is, the salary for women head coaches is lower than the men's, so the assoc. head coaches don't have that much incentive to move up by leaving). Or maybe they make life style decisions (quality of life where they are is more important than moving to somewhere less desirable), etc. But is it a fact (I don't know) that there are more long standing assoc. head coaches in the WCBB than in the MCBB?

Reaction Score
she's an associate, not an assistant
I think "assistant" is just the title of the award. Both are, in fact, associate head coaches, I think. The modern urge to create more elevated titles....

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It's an interesting thing that great WCBB teams have not only great head coaches, but often great and legendary assoc. head coaches as well. I don't think (I don't follow, so I don't know for sure) that men's CBB has the same phenomenon. Maybe in the women's game, the assoc. head coaches are paid well relative to the head coaches (that is, the salary for women head coaches is lower than the men's, so the assoc. head coaches don't have that much incentive to move up by leaving). Or maybe they make life style decisions (quality of life where they are is more important than moving to somewhere less desirable), etc. But is it a fact (I don't know) that there are more long standing assoc. head coaches in the WCBB than in the MCBB?
I doubt in most cases that the well-thought of Associate Head Coaches in WBB make anything near the head coach at their school, as these are schools with distinguished head coaches making relatively good salaries. Neither level compares at all to the men's side, of course.

However, it is interesting that some schools pay their women's head coach quite poorly, in which case the comparison to an associate at a major school would be interesting.

None of which means they are poorly paid by my standards. I know the RU assistants were all over $100K, Butts as HC at Arizona was only a bit over $200K which might be low by some standards, but . . .

Meanwhile, Mulkey is in the $2 million area, and is paid significantly less than the men's coach at Baylor.

Reaction Score
And Geno makes less than the UConn men's coach and says that's right, given the revenue stream.

Reaction Score
I doubt in most cases that the well-thought of Associate Head Coaches in WBB make anything near the head coach at their school, as these are schools with distinguished head coaches making relatively good salaries. Neither level compares at all to the men's side, of course.

However, it is interesting that some schools pay their women's head coach quite poorly, in which case the comparison to an associate at a major school would be interesting.

None of which means they are poorly paid by my standards. I know the RU assistants were all over $100K, Butts as HC at Arizona was only a bit over $200K which might be low by some standards, but . . .

Meanwhile, Mulkey is in the $2 million area, and is paid significantly less than the men's coach at Baylor.
Geno: $2mm+
CD: ~$400k
Shea & Marissa: each ~$200K

Reaction Score
CD owns that award. In fact it should be named after her
I and the basketball GODS agree. This trophy may come to be a malocchio, mojo killer / jinx. In its inaugural year it was awarded on the 25th and promptly on the 26th her team as a #1 seed was booted from the tourney.
This lady has a very nice bio but that would be page one of five on CD...;)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Or maybe they make life style decisions (quality of life where they are is more important than moving to somewhere less desirable), etc.
Good point. Niele, for example, has an adolescent son. She might want to stay put till he's out of high school. (Or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom