2015 Commit - QB Brandon Bisack Playing in Super 100 All-Star Classic | The Boneyard

2015 Commit - QB Brandon Bisack Playing in Super 100 All-Star Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Super 100 All-Star Classic: Bisack In His First Game At Rent
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-schools/hc-hs-football-super-100-game-0627-20150626-story.html

>>Bandon Bisack has been to Rentschler Field and toured the place, but he hasn't had the opportunity to play there. That changes Saturday when as a member of Team Constitution he'll face Team Nutmeg in the Super 100 All-Star Classic featuring Connecticut's top 100 seniors. The game is at 4:30 p.m.

For Bisack, who played at Fairfield Warde, high school is in the past. He already is on the UConn campus and taking classes after accepting a preferred walk-on offer in January.<<

>>"My whole life I've kind of come from behind, so there's nothing that really fazes me, if I'm starting, not starting, scholarship player, nonscholarship player," Bisack said. "I've set a goal to become a scholarship player here as soon as I can, working hard all the way. I'm not going to shy away because I'll be the only preferred walk-on quarterback. I've only played the position for three years, so there's a lot to learn, and I'll develop a lot with our strength and conditioning coach [Matt Balis], and that will make my game that much better.

"Nothing is really set in stone, so there's no reason in time I can't work up the depth chart. The opportunity is great. The coaching staff is great. We have one of the best trainers in the country who is working with us now, getting us ready and in the right mode to play. The facilities are great. Everything is here to help me improve my game more than you would get at a lower division school."<<

Reaction Score
Super 100 All-Star Classic: Bisack In His First Game At Rent
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-schools/hc-hs-football-super-100-game-0627-20150626-story.html

>>Bandon Bisack has been to Rentschler Field and toured the place, but he hasn't had the opportunity to play there. That changes Saturday when as a member of Team Constitution he'll face Team Nutmeg in the Super 100 All-Star Classic featuring Connecticut's top 100 seniors. The game is at 4:30 p.m.

For Bisack, who played at Fairfield Warde, high school is in the past. He already is on the UConn campus and taking classes after accepting a preferred walk-on offer in January.<<

>>"My whole life I've kind of come from behind, so there's nothing that really fazes me, if I'm starting, not starting, scholarship player, nonscholarship player," Bisack said. "I've set a goal to become a scholarship player here as soon as I can, working hard all the way. I'm not going to shy away because I'll be the only preferred walk-on quarterback. I've only played the position for three years, so there's a lot to learn, and I'll develop a lot with our strength and conditioning coach [Matt Balis], and that will make my game that much better.

"Nothing is really set in stone, so there's no reason in time I can't work up the depth chart. The opportunity is great. The coaching staff is great. We have one of the best trainers in the country who is working with us now, getting us ready and in the right mode to play. The facilities are great. Everything is here to help me improve my game more than you would get at a lower division school."<<
Love a local kid staying home. But, to be a walk on a team with our record, tells me the kid is way too short on ability.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Love a local kid staying home. But, to be a walk on a team with our record, tells me the kid is way too short on ability.
1) Most walk ons are short on ability relative to their scholarship counterparts.
2) I don't even have a second point. This just struck me as a strange post to make. It's not like people are penciling him as the starter in 2017.

Reaction Score

Would this be the part you didn't read?

"I've only played the position for three years, so there's a lot to learn, and I'll develop a lot with our strength and conditioning coach [Matt Balis], and that will make my game that much better."... " Everything is here to help me improve my game more than you would get at a lower division school"

Sounds like he's grounded and knows exactly where he stands and what he needs to do...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1) Most walk ons are short on ability relative to their scholarship counterparts.
2) I don't even have a second point. This just struck me as a strange post to make. It's not like people are penciling him as the starter in 2017.

Give Pal until October.

Reaction Score
Like Donald Thomas and Keith Gray both who came to UConn as walk ons and ended up wearing an NFL jersies.

Don't sell kids short on their dreams. Many recruits fall through the cracks especially in an under recruited state like Connecticut. I wish him the best.

Back to the point how did he do in the all star game.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Like Donald Thomas and Keith Gray both who came to UConn as walk ons and ended up wearing an NFL jersies.

Don't sell kids short on their dreams. Many recruits fall through the cracks especially in an under recruited state like Connecticut. I wish him the best.

My post was not about the inability of a walk on to have a successful career. We have an article about a kid that took up the hardest position in the game 3 years ago trying to earn a scholarship at State U and this guy's response is "I love a local kid staying home, but...." But what? He's a walk on. Good for him for following his dream. No one is saying they think he's the savior; why bother with a wet blanket comment about him being short on talent?

And on top of that, how the heck do you leave Marcus Easley off your list?

Reaction Score
My post was not about the inability of a walk on to have a successful career. We have an article about a kid that took up the hardest position in the game 3 years ago trying to earn a scholarship at State U and this guy's response is "I love a local kid staying home, but...." But what? He's a walk on. Good for him for following his dream. No one is saying they think he's the savior; why bother with a wet blanket comment about him being short on talent?

And on top of that, how the heck do you leave Marcus Easley off your list?
You are all right in my verbal spanking. No one will be rooting harder for him than I will. I had a brain freeze and regret it.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
You are all right in my verbal spanking. No one will be rooting harder for him than I will. I had a brain freeze and regret it.
Um, not sure that mea culpa is allowed on the Boneyard, I believe you are expected to ignore a gaffe and pretend someone else made an error.

Because I have never misread, misquoted, misinterpreted or made any spelling errors her.

Reaction Score

Wow you dropped the ball here...http://www.courant.com/sports/high-schools/hc-hs-football-all-star-game-0628-20150627-story.html I wish him the best also but this was not hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom