2015-16 Team | The Boneyard

2015-16 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably not. Do you think UConn can beat Sue Bird, KML, Jewell Loyd, the weakest WNBA team?

Reaction Score
Probably not. Do you think UConn can beat Sue Bird, KML, Jewell Loyd, the weakest WNBA team?
Yeah maybe you're right, I'm just thinking that technically Jewel was a senior, Sue is in her golden years and KML is one of us. Thought that possibly 3 of our players could start or play significant minutes in the W. Then Geno would be coaching.... Maybe it was just a silly thought, no way could this team compete on that level. UConn is caught in an abyss category 46 points better than the top level NCAA but way under the W.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Having watched the Storm play a few times this past season, I believe it would be close.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't think the talent disparity is as huge as it is between NBA teams and college teams, but even the weakest WNBA team is made up of players who were the best on their team in college. Plus, you would have 18-year-olds playing against 28-year-olds who play year round. No chance.

Reaction Score
Of course not. They ask the same question with the Kentucky men team again the 76ers in the NBA.

HGN

Reaction Score
Absolutely NOT..............This is a college team. With maturing young ladies and bodies. There is NO WAY its going to beat a team of experienced , well trained , and mature players like they have in the WNBA.
Can they beat any other WCBB team ? Yes. On any given day. But can they also lose their focus and lose a game here and there , yes. Even the pros do it sometimes..... Well , a lot.:)

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
No possible way could these girls beat a team of professional women, some of whom play nearly year round and are as tough as nails. Geno would be dialing 911 before the half.

Reaction Score
I know I'm getting super hypothetical but what about an all time greatest UConn team vs an all WNBA team? I bet that would be really close.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I know I'm getting super hypothetical but what about an all time greatest UConn team vs an all WNBA team? I bet that would be really close.

Well the BY is nothing if not a playground for various and sundry hypotheticals. :)

If we could assemble the SR-year collegiate versions of the UCONN all-time team, I think that squad would pick up several wins in a 5-game series against one of the lower tier, non-playoff WNBA teams. I say this because several of the all-time UCONN players made pretty smooth transitions to the WNBA and performed quite well as rookies. (Several were either ROY or made the all-star team, or both.)

Bird (or Mo)
Taurasi
Moore
Stewart
Charles

Reaction Score
If we could assemble the SR-year collegiate versions of the UCONN all-time team, I think that squad would pick up several wins in a 5-game series against one of the lower tier, non-playoff WNBA teams. I say this because several of the all-time UCONN players made pretty smooth transitions to the WNBA and performed quite well as rookies. (Several were either ROY or made the all-star team, or both.)

Bird (or Mo)
Taurasi
Moore
Stewart
Charles
That team beats the CT Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors