2015-16 Non-Conference Schedule Released | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2015-16 Non-Conference Schedule Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This schedule won't sell too many season tickets

When Georgetown and Ohio State are only available via a package, I'm sure plenty of season tickets/mini plans will be sold

Reaction Score
When Georgetown and Ohio State are only available via a package, I'm sure plenty of season tickets/mini plans will be sold

they won't be only available by package.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Why not an annual New England tournament at the Fleet Center with us, BC, PC and UMass or URI?
Why would we assume teams would be interested in that? Those would all be tough games, and no one with postseason aspirations would want to go into a tournament with a reasonable chance for 2-3 losses.

Reaction Score
I have XL Center season tickets and having Georgetown or Ohio St already makes the schedule better than last year.
Georgetown is confirmed to be a XL game. Ohio State likely to be Gampel.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Funny, I never knew anything about Furman until last year, when a friend mentioned it as a school that one of his kids was looking at. I've researched it quite a bit since and it sounds like a very good, historic university on a beautiful campus in a pretty nice corner of the country.

@Bill Sussman , I'm curious to hear whether your sister and brother-in-law think well of it. It's one (of many) I'm looking at now for my oldest daughter, who has it in her head that she wants to go to school "in the south" because of the weather. I don't think she understands the potential cultural differences she might encounter, and I'm interested to learn more about how pronounced (or not) those differences are in that area for, say, a fairly liberal kid from the Northeast.

Both of them really enjoyed Furman. I will say that while my family is from New York, we grew up in the Atlanta area so we were "used" to any cultural differences. I am probably different than most people in saying that for the most part it is over played. A fairly liberal kid from the Northeast can do fine at Furman with the right attitude and open mindedness that anyone should have. You will definitely run into so "traditional" southerners but if you want to go to college in the south, you should expect that. I believe Furman had a decent mix of people from across the country though. It is a beautiful campus. At the time my sister went there, Greenville was a dump IMO but it has turned into a vibrant city that is popular with a lot of my high school friends.

The part I would consider is more around the size of the university you want to attend. Furman is a small school. Everyone will know everyone. Fratenernity/Sorority environment. My sister was an athlete there (in addition to a sorority). Not my cup of tea but more of a personal preference.

If she is actually serious about Furman as she goes through the process, Private Message me and I would be glad to pass along an email address for my sister who could answer any questions or give her opinion (which could be different than mine). I know the pain of the college hunt, I think I applied to over 15 schools before ending up at UConn.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Both of them really enjoyed Furman. I will say that while my family is from New York, we grew up in the Atlanta area so we were "used" to any cultural differences. I am probably different than most people in saying that for the most part it is over played. A fairly liberal kid from the Northeast can do fine at Furman with the right attitude and open mindedness that anyone should have. You will definitely run into so "traditional" southerners but if you want to go to college in the south, you should expect that. I believe Furman had a decent mix of people from across the country though. It is a beautiful campus. At the time my sister went there, Greenville was a dump IMO but it has turned into a vibrant city that is popular with a lot of my high school friends.

The part I would consider is more around the size of the university you want to attend. Furman is a small school. Everyone will know everyone. Fratenernity/Sorority environment. My sister was an athlete there (in addition to a sorority). Not my cup of tea but more of a personal preference.

If she is actually serious about Furman as she goes through the process, Private Message me and I would be glad to pass along an email address for my sister who could answer any questions or give her opinion (which could be different than mine). I know the pain of the college hunt, I think I applied to over 15 schools before ending up at UConn.
Thanks. Very good insight. I will definitely PM you if she becomes serious about Furman. I very much appreciate the offer.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I agree with @champs99and04. You guys are just looking for excuses to get worked up. Relax.
Respectfully, it does matter. It's equally as important to schedule moderately strong on low end of your schedule as it is to get marquee games From an RPI perspective. Getting the Marquee games is important from a recruiting standpoint and a revenue standpoint, but when it comes down to our seeding and making the tourney these games cost us at a minimum a seed line. And its easy enough to avoid. Also, and most importantly, we have to set the standard for the conference, because when the rest of the AAC does this as well, the RPI consequence is exponential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom