G Jefferson

Sophomore
G Chong

Freshmen
G Ekmark
G Williams
G Edwards
G Nurse

That's a very talented 11 players. And while they could use Wilson, I don't see how not adding her for 2014 would hurt UConn in their going after the NCAA title. As my grandmother used to say, "it couldn't hurt" if she did come to UConn.

They are big enough to win in 2014 as is. Now, 2015? UConn needs a couple of bigs. But it's always been about 2014 and 2015, not just all about Wilson and 2014.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Probably Courtney and/or Gabby will end up as Wings like Kelly did instead of playing guard. Realize recruiting services are showing them as guards.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Easy to see Gabby playing the wing (g/f) position with her length, vertical and natural rebounding tendencies. We will be fine whatever A'ja decides...of course, we'd rather have her! ;)

Reaction Score
Its fun to see what the future has in store for free and no crystal ball......

Reaction Score
Seniors
F KML
C Stokes
G Banks

Juniors
F/C Stewart
F Tuck
G Jefferson

Sophomore
G Chong

Freshmen
G Ekmark
G Williams
G Edwards
G Nurse

That's a very talented 11 players. And while they could use Wilson, I don't see how not adding her for 2014 would hurt UConn in their going after the NCAA title. As my grandmother used to say, "it couldn't hurt" if she did come to UConn.

They are big enough to win in 2014 as is. Now, 2015? UConn needs a couple of bigs. But it's always been about 2014 and 2015, not just all about Wilson and 2014.
\I'm getting sick realizing that KML will be a senior already.

Reaction Score
Seniors
F KML
C Stokes
G Banks

Juniors
F/C Stewart
F Tuck
G Jefferson

Sophomore
G Chong

Freshmen
G Ekmark
G Williams
G Edwards
G Nurse

DOGGIE: A tip of the hat to Grandma on that. I still think Wilson would be a very important addition, though I agree that we look very solid right now. VERY solid. But Dolson, KML, Stokes, all of whom contribute underneath, are all out the door before we know it. Sadly.

I think it would be very nice for Wilson to have the experience of playing on a college team with the women she teamed with this summer. In addition, I think it would be very helpful for her to be schooled in the UCONN culture, and in basketball, by those great players before she leaves.

As one of the Yards Nervous Nellies when it comes to Our Girls, I always fear a number of teams and always feel that they are improving during the season and that some are improving as the years roll by. And there are almost always injuries.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Seniors
F KML
C Stokes
G Banks

Juniors
F/C Stewart
F Tuck
G Jefferson

Sophomore
G Chong

Freshmen
G Ekmark
G Williams
G Edwards
G Nurse

Left out Polly in the juniors assuming that the scholarship is continued. It is a nice line-up and the four guards all appear to be versatile - we have been playing some four guard offense the last week and will see more in the coming week - and that is with 5'9", 5'8", 5'8", and 5'7" guards. This group will be a little less height challenged! Of course by the time Uconn completes measuring them for their uniforms they may all have shrunk 3-5". It is always so discouraging when your center gets her shot stuffed by Stef who I believe is listed at 5'11"!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I agree, not really worried about 2014/15 season.

But assuming Tuck stays healthy (and that hasn't been a good assumption the first 2 years), having Stewart/Tuck/Jefferson as Seniors (2015/16) gives UCONN 3 great players to build a team around. I think they would stand a pretty good chance at a NC. At least be in the discussion.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
\I'm getting sick realizing that KML will be a senior already.
I agree, not really worried about 2014/15 season.

But assuming Tuck stays healthy (and that hasn't been a good assumption the first 2 years), having Stewart/Tuck/Jefferson as Seniors (2015/16) gives UCONN 3 great players to build a team around. I think they would stand a pretty good chance at a NC. At least be in the discussion.
You are right once again- but it would be nice to have a "Big" going into that season with a season under their belt as a Sophomore- instead of as a freshman- I know I'm spoiled - but hey! I still can't believe Maya brought freshman starters Bria Hartley and Steph Dolson to the Final Four- that was quite an accomplishment-

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Apparently Kalani Brown at 6'6" is the only big we are after for 2015, and everyone else seems to be after her too. Anyone have any scope on how things might stand with her?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You are right once again- but it would be nice to have a "Big" going into that season with a season under their belt as a Sophomore- instead of as a freshman- I know I'm spoiled - but hey!
Oh it definitely would. I would love to have Wilson here.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Seniors
F KML
C Stokes
G Banks

Juniors
F/C Stewart
F Tuck
G Jefferson

Sophomore
G Chong

Freshmen
G Ekmark
G Williams
G Edwards
G Nurse

Polly is a scholarship player. Jus' sayin'

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
But it hasn't been corrected, so I'd expect continued piling on until corrected (or an explanation of why it shouldn't be corrected)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Apparently Kalani Brown at 6'6" is the only big we are after for 2015, and everyone else seems to be after her too. Anyone have any scope on how things might stand with her?
She is probably the Aja or the "Big" back up plan I guess, to losing Kiah- even though she would also compliment Aja obviously-

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
But it hasn't been corrected, so I'd expect continued piling on until corrected (or an explanation of why it shouldn't be corrected)
Really? I have to edit it when two posters have corrected it in the thread?

I didn't know that was proper posting protocol. PPP.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You are right once again- but it would be nice to have a "Big" going into that season with a season under their belt as a Sophomore- instead of as a freshman- I know I'm spoiled - but hey! I still can't believe Maya brought freshman starters Bria Hartley and Steph Dolson to the Final Four- that was quite an accomplishment-

Totally agree with you. It would be a big plus IMO to have Wilson on the squad with senior leaders to show her a thing or 3 and not have quite the pressure otherwise imposed on a freshman big (note I did not use the dreaded center word).

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Really? I have to edit it when two posters have corrected it in the thread?

I didn't know that was proper posting protocol. PPP.

It is.

Many regulars will now drop to the bottom of the thread, so not see the first post, but every new reader will start with your first, incorrect post. They may spent some time thinking about why you might omit a scholarship player, contemplate whether they ought to bring it to your attention, or not, and otherwise waste time thinking about things other than the main point you wanted to make (Which I've forgotten, because I got side-tracked.) They might, like I did, glance at the repsosnes to see if there is a correction, and miss the correction, and post the need for a correction. All of this time takes away from productive activities, which will help drag the economy down, and may lead to the downfall of the American way of life. Are you saying you don't love America?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It is.

Many regulars will now drop to the bottom of the thread, so not see the first post, but every new reader will start with your first, incorrect post. They may spent some time thinking about why you might omit a scholarship player, contemplate whether they ought to bring it to your attention, or not, and otherwise waste time thinking about things other than the main point you wanted to make (Which I've forgotten, because I got side-tracked.) They might, like I did, glance at the repsosnes to see if there is a correction, and miss the correction, and post the need for a correction. All of this time takes away from productive activities, which will help drag the economy down, and may lead to the downfall of the American way of life. Are you saying you don't love America?
Right now I love Canada.

Reaction Score
DOGGIE: A tip of the hat to Grandma on that. I still think Wilson would be a very important addition, though I agree that we look very solid right now. VERY solid. But Dolson, KML, Stokes, all of whom contribute underneath, are all out the door before we know it. Sadly.

I think it would be very nice for Wilson to have the experience of playing on a college team with the women she teamed with this summer. In addition, I think it would be very helpful for her to be schooled in the UCONN culture, and in basketball, by those great players before she leaves.

As one of the Yards Nervous Nellies when it comes to Our Girls, I always fear a number of teams and always feel that they are improving during the season and that some are improving as the years roll by. And there are almost always injuries.

LIVING IN A CONESTOGA AND BEING AS LOW TECH AS THAT IMPLIES , I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER "LIKED" A POST, THOUGH I'VE POSTED MANY A KUDO. BUT AS I READ THE GOOD POSTS ON THIS THREAD, I THOUGHT I'D KUDO ONE OF MY OWN, WITH PARTICULAR, THOUGHT NOT EXCLUSIVE, REFERENCE TO PARAGRAPH TWO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom